Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-11-2014, 02:28 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), iOS 1.x

This looks amazing!!!! Going to pick it up right now
Old 07-11-2014, 05:03 AM

Urban Trial Freestyle Gameplay

Old 07-11-2014, 07:14 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

I spent a little time with this. So far I have to say, as much as I dislike the F2P stuff in Trials Frontier, I think the bike physics, controls and graphics are all a lot better in Frontier.
Old 07-11-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilboa View Post
I spent a little time with this. So far I have to say, as much as I dislike the F2P stuff in Trials Frontier, I think the bike physics, controls and graphics are all a lot better in Frontier.
I can see where the production values and story in Trials Frontier might be more appealing to some, as for playability, and fun factor, this is my choice. This game is loaded with content, the environments are awesomely designed and interactive, there's a ton of challenges and game modes and the level sharing is just badass.

Btw, I just left my five star review on iTunes using my gfs acct. Username richRaNdOm
Old 07-11-2014, 10:12 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilboa View Post
I'm a 100% with you.

No Gamecenter, no customizable controls and too sensitive as well, maybe only playable on iphone (tried ipad mini), all bikes feel (weight) and sound the same, physics and graphics are way beyond perfect...simply an unfinished game.

But despite all this and unbelivable i'm saying that - it's my GOTW !
I gave the full version a go and it grew on me. Now i'm having such a blast to chase the highscores to see my picture on the wall !
Old 07-11-2014, 10:14 AM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich_952000 View Post
I can see where the production values and story in Trials Frontier might be more appealing to some, as for playability, and fun factor, this is my choice. This game is loaded with content, the environments are awesomely designed and interactive, there's a ton of challenges and game modes and the level sharing is just badass.

Btw, I just left my five star review on iTunes using my gfs acct. Username richRaNdOm
I don't like the story stuff in Frontier at all. In fact I dislike just about everything in Frontier outside of actually riding a track, including the story stuff, roulette wheel, upgrading bikes and fuel timers. And I agree that the game modes and level sharing are very cool features of this game. I'm only comparing the experience of actually running the tracks, which to me includes the physics model, the controls, track design, and graphics quality to the extent that it affects how well I can see what's going on on the tracks. That's the core of the game for me, and my initial impressions of this game weren't so good.

The bike physics seem much less plausible, with less of a sense of realistic inertia.

I found the slider control to be very unreliable, and frequently would mess up because the slider wasn't following my finger. That is, the bike wouldn't seem to be tilting the way I wanted, and when I looked at my finger I'd realize it showed the slider was sitting at center instead of under my finger. On the plus side, I appreciate that this gives me analog control of tilting the bike, whereas Frontier or Bike Baron only give binary forward and back tilt buttons.

As for the graphics, part of it is just that they're not as high res and clear as in Frontier, but it's also that often it's not as easy to make out what I'm seeing even. It's not to the point where it prevents me from completing the track, but sometimes I can't even tell what things are supposed to be other than some rectangular slab of something.

To be fair I've only been practicing on the first three levels, so I'll give it more of a chance. As good as I think the riding and tracks are in Frontier, all the other stuff in the game ruins it for me. So for my iOS trials game needs, it's a choice between this and Bike Baron. I still haven't decided which I like better so far.

Last edited by bilboa; 07-11-2014 at 10:18 AM..
Old 07-11-2014, 11:33 AM
iPod Touch (1st Gen), iOS 1.x

I am just too used to trials. The bike physics and the tilting just dont feel right to me. Its a good game nonetheless, but it just isnt my cup of tea
Old 07-12-2014, 04:28 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

I just saw a gameplay vid from the vita Version and am now very disappointed. The graphics on the iOS version are a pure mess compared to the ones on the vita. That's a whole other atmosphere on the vita, dang! These ambient lightning as example is non-existing in this version as well as some other effects. Man I wish I hadn't searched for this on YT.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:58 PM

Cool game ! IMO, It will be more excited if the camera can follow behind the player in some case ,such as while you rose high into the air !

Last edited by Spartan Blood; 07-13-2014 at 09:04 PM..