Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 09-01-2013, 03:09 PM
iPhone (Original), iOS 1.x

Thanks for the tips!
Old 10-09-2014, 02:22 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 8.x

Hey, does anyone know of a service where game developers can exchange localisations? For instance I localise something to/from Finnish for somebody in exchange that they translate Chinese.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:35 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittrut View Post
Hey, does anyone know of a service where game developers can exchange localisations? For instance I localise something to/from Finnish for somebody in exchange that they translate Chinese.
Don't know about that, but I just tried Fiverr.com (everything costs $5) and got my App translated from English to Portuguese within a day. I can't judge the translation itself since I dont speak Portuguese, but the guy who did it was very professional and it all looks very good. And for $5 you don't have much to lose. You could get ten languages for $50.

Thats probably much cheaper than exchanging work, if you factor in the actual work it would take you to translate for someone else.

Having that said, the service you suggest sounds like a good idea. I am sure there are sections of forums and developer groups on FB etc where people exchange different type of work?
Old 10-20-2014, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittrut View Post
That's actually a brilliant idea. Now that you've think about it you have to create it! Call it something like translationXchange. And also add an evolving market like a forex market where we can see the price (in words) of all languages to manage the offer/demand. Wait, I'm going too far.

Back to the subject, if you use a translation service, make sure it REALLY uses a human to translate your stuff. Many cheap sites pretend your text will be translated by a human but in most case it will be an automatic/computer translation quickly verified by someone.
Make sure the site garantees 100% human (or 100% hubot as long as it is not an other type of machine) translation and has good reviews. That will still leave you with a large choice.