Curious about getting apps coded

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by RLennon, Mar 19, 2014.

1. RLennon

RLennon Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2013
    I am an indie game designer. However, my medium is card and dice. I am not posting this message to push my games. I will not even mention the name of my company here (feel free to send a Private Message and I let you know details that way)

Having said that, I create games that are considered a niche market, and certainly a niche that is not available in mobile gaming (save for one or two titles). I currently have ten games in this niche. One of them has been ported to the PC. The programmer who wrote the PC game is a great guy, but this was a side project for him, and although he wouldn't tell me, I think the extra time involved with coding took a toll on him and his family time. I'd love more games ported over, but it wouldn't be right for me to ask my friend again.

Essentially, I am curious about two things:
    1. Where could I go to inquire about having my one title coded for mobile gaming?
    2. Where could I go to inquire about having other titles of mine ported to PC and mobile gaming?

Without self advertising here, I can tell you niche I am speaking about is Sports Simulation. I know there is iOOTP. Outside of that, there are some baseball games that use a free to play system, which I am not the biggest fan of. I envision my games to be sold premium with the ONLY IAP's to be purchasing older season (more content)

To give some more background on my games, I mentioned before that I have ten games available. Only two of my games are baseball games. The other games span the following sports:
    American Football
    Hockey
    Soccer
    Tennis
    Boxing

As you can see, I offer products that are not just North Amercian oriented, but internationally oriented. If you are interested in working with me, please send me a PM. If interested in anything I said, please also leave a PM. In either case, I will let you know the name of my buisness as well as provide my email and a link to my website.

Thanks for listening!

Rob Lennon

2. Ovogame

Ovogame Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Developer
    Morestel, France
    Rob, it would be perfectly fine and actually better if you post link to your games, website and PC game. Just saying...

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yep feel free to post links to your games, this is the developers sections so its fine.

Also PLEASE tell me more about this american football game, i'm dying for an american football simulation game as i cant believe theres none on the app store currently

4. RLennon

RLennon Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2013
    I was afraid that I would be seen as trying to advertise. My website is www.diggindeepsports.com. Take a look and let me know your thoughts. My email is [email protected] for any questions. Thanks!

Rob Lennon

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    No its fine to post here, once you are creating an app feel free to post about it in the upcoming games section.

Then once a games out a thread will be created in the main iphone/ipad games section (and the upcoming thread closed).

For me sports simulation games are great for iOS, can have a few games here and there, save my progress and go back to it.

I love stats and simulation games 'normally' cater well for stats. Theres quite a few 'soccer' management games out there but i'll be interested in seeing other sport management apps.

Hope this comes off