★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Gravity Island is a charming, enchanting 2D platform game that is easy for people of all ages to play, but difficult to master. Gravity Island offers an unrivaled adventureare you coming along?

Press quotes:

The shortness of each level means you can pick up Gravity Island for a quick five minute session, while the challenging and well-designed levels should hook puzzle fans for a lengthy commute. Editorial staff at https://recombu.com

Features:

- Meet Shiro, an unbelievably cute adventurer
- Loveable, charming 2D platform game
- 80 levels, each with a unique style
- Explore four diverse worlds
- The fantastic soundtrack will carry you away
- Avoid traps and dangers by using magical powers that enable Shiro to walk on walls and ceilings

Shiro is an unbelievably cute, cuddly creature that loves collecting magical fireflies. One day, the magic lantern in which he kept his magnificent little creatures broke, and they all flew away. Shiro was heartbroken. Join Shiro and his friend Seraphin, an expert magician, on an epic adventure to bring all of the Lumies home safe and sound. But dont waste any time! Without the magical Lumies, your powers to influence gravity will get weaker and weaker, and eventually disappear altogether.

But this is more easily said than done. The Lumies are scattered all over magical Gravity Island, and cannot find their way home on their own. Help Shiro gather his little luminous friends in over 80 different levels, and use your powerful gravitation abilities to get through the trickiest levels unscathed. Sometimes everything is upside down, and it is up to you to decide how best to successfully master a level.

In the Jungle World, you have to take care to avoid biting tendrils that would like nothing more than a magical feast. In the Fire World, you have to tread carefully to keep from burning your little feet. In the Ice World, on the other hand, is it really icy, and you have to avoid slippery surfaces that can send you careening into deep chasms. So be careful! In the magical Dream World, things are very busy, as all of the dreams that people lose eventually wind up here and help regenerate the island. Thanks to Game Center support, you can unlock achievements and play your way to the top of the player rankings.

Seraphin acts as your wise friend and counselor. If you do not know what to do next, he will help you. Gravity Island is a loveable, colorful platform game that will really put your skills to the test.

Eli's comments:

Gravity Island - Shiro's Adventure

astragon Entertainment GmbH
Genres: Games Adventure Puzzle
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free


Quote:
Gravity Island is a charming, enchanting 2D platform game that is easy for people of all ages to play, but difficult to master. Gravity Island offers an unrivaled adventureare you coming along?

Press quotes:

The shortness of each level means you can pick up Gravity Island for a quick five minute session, while the challenging and well-designed levels should hook puzzle fans for a lengthy commute. Editorial staff at https://recombu.com

Features:

- Meet Shiro, an unbelievably cute adventurer
- Loveable, charming 2D platform game
- 80 levels, each with a unique style
- Explore four diverse worlds
- The fantastic soundtrack will carry you away
- Avoid traps and dangers by using magical powers that enable Shiro to walk on walls and ceilings

Shiro is an unbelievably cute, cuddly creature that loves collecting magical fireflies. One day, the magic lantern in which he kept his magnificent little creatures broke, and they all flew away. Shiro was heartbroken. Join Shiro and his friend Seraphin, an expert magician, on an epic adventure to bring all of the Lumies home safe and sound. But dont waste any time! Without the magical Lumies, your powers to influence gravity will get weaker and weaker, and eventually disappear altogether.

But this is more easily said than done. The Lumies are scattered all over magical Gravity Island, and cannot find their way home on their own. Help Shiro gather his little luminous friends in over 80 different levels, and use your powerful gravitation abilities to get through the trickiest levels unscathed. Sometimes everything is upside down, and it is up to you to decide how best to successfully master a level.

In the Jungle World, you have to take care to avoid biting tendrils that would like nothing more than a magical feast. In the Fire World, you have to tread carefully to keep from burning your little feet. In the Ice World, on the other hand, is it really icy, and you have to avoid slippery surfaces that can send you careening into deep chasms. So be careful! In the magical Dream World, things are very busy, as all of the dreams that people lose eventually wind up here and help regenerate the island. Thanks to Game Center support, you can unlock achievements and play your way to the top of the player rankings.

Seraphin acts as your wise friend and counselor. If you do not know what to do next, he will help you. Gravity Island is a loveable, colorful platform game that will really put your skills to the test.












Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 9.0

Download Size: 61MB

04-06-2016, 11:33 AM
#2
Looks like Astragon removed the paid Version from the Appstore and replaced it with a Free(mium?) Build.


I can`t believe that we have already reached a Level where even an paid App that cost $0.99 won`t find enough off us Mobile Gamer that buy it so the Developer/Publisher has to change their Business Plan from Paid to Freemium just to survive

04-06-2016, 12:32 PM
#3
If i don't mix up two games now, this suffered (on my end) being ios 9 only.

@Sanuku
I'm impressed with your games' reviews lately. Top job!

My 2016 GOTY contenders...
Lost in Harmony, Lost Socks, NO THING, Loop Mania, Bullet Hell Monday, Dan the Man, RunGunJumpGun
04-06-2016, 12:58 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 1,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Looks like Astragon removed the paid Version from the Appstore and replaced it with a Free(mium?) Build.

YouTube: video

I can`t believe that we have already reached a Level where even an paid App that cost $0.99 won`t find enough off us Mobile Gamer that buy it so the Developer/Publisher has to change their Business Plan from Paid to Freemium just to survive
Maybe they (and you) are looking at this the wrong way.

The iOS 9.0 requirement was my reason for not buying it as premium, not the low price.
And it seems nothing has changed there. Too bad! I really was looking forward to the game originally.
04-06-2016, 01:03 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: NYC suburbs (New Jersey)
Posts: 1,319
Sanuku, Many many thanks for this alert! I purchased the original and only played it that night. Decent game, but you might have saved my Game Center! Running games that are no longer available in the App Store can break it.

I downloaded the new version, same game, 300 achievement points vs 330, and finally, I deleted it!

So tired of developer schemes. And piracy...
04-06-2016, 02:11 PM
#6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
If i don't mix up two games now, this suffered (on my end) being ios 9 only.

@Sanuku
I'm impressed with your games' reviews lately. Top job!
When I have the time (usually only over the Weekend since I`m still working during the week between 50-60 hours) I take the time to actually write a bit more then those two Liners I usually do, so expect more from me in the upcoming future
04-06-2016, 02:23 PM
#7
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,474
What were the elements that got changed from the premium to the freemium version? Have the original version before the changeover, but have not had time to try it out yet. Can't see any difference in the App Store description. Did I miss reading this info somewhere? So sad and sympathetic to learn of this turn for another yet another premium game developer.

Last edited by y2kmp3; 04-06-2016 at 02:32 PM.
04-06-2016, 03:04 PM
#8
It is really good game. New types of puzzles with nice audio. Try this game. You will never disappointed





GAME CENTER ID: TECHZAMAZING
04-12-2016, 01:42 AM
#9
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,474
Unsure why this game is not getting more attention.

I played and have now finished the entire paid / premium version. This is the version that the developer pulled from the App Store and replaced it with a freemium version.

Regardless, at least for the premium version, it is quite a good puzzle platformer. Some of the levels that focus more on platforming are quite tough, particularly those near the end of World 2 and World 3 (especially Level 3-20). I found the trampolines difficult to master and was not fond of the fact that I had little to no control once I begun bouncing around a series of trampolines. The bounces between trampolines are too quick to navigate with a purpose. On the other hand, those that focus on puzzle solving are those that I like the best, such as the levels in World 4.

Overall, great aesthetics and polished presentation. Recommended definitely.