★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: www.rtsoft.com
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 19.6 MB
  • Version: 1.06
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "BUY THIS GAME." - Eli Hodapp, admin of touchArcade

"If you dont like word games, this one may actually convert you" - Big Albie

Depending on how you look at it, Dungeon Scroll either takes adventuring/RPG games or Puzzle games where they haven't been before ... Puzzle game of the year Game Tunnel (PC version)

With a great combination of real-time play, fantasy motif, and excellent mechanics (and a competent dictionary, I might add), Dungeon Scroll becomes my new favorite word game Two thumbs up, way up! The Underdogs (PC version)

"Dungeon Scroll is an amazingly fun little game that really puts your vocabulary and quick-thinking skills through the wringer" - Gamespot (PC version)

The award winning game Dungeon Scroll is now fully optimized for play on your iPhone!

If a word game and a dungeon crawler had a baby, this would be it. Arrange tiles to create magic words and blast rats, spiders and skeletons. But beware, a great evil looms beneath the depths.

Grab your wand and sharpen your intellect for youre about to embark on a dangerous journey through twenty-five of the most vile dungeons in the realm!

Features:

Internet Global Highscore feature including world flags and the most comprehensive game details ever in a word-game!
Automatic save/resume on exit
Secrets and magic words for you to find
Kid Mode, Normal, and Wizard game modes
High quality orchestral stereo soundtrack
Created by award winning game designer Seth A. Robinson (Legend Of The Red Dragon, Dink Smallwood, Growtopia)
08-05-2009, 12:46 AM
Purchased, looking forward to playing this one.

Alright this game is a lot of fun, spelling words to destroy the enemies! Loving it!

Last edited by tkukoc; 08-05-2009 at 01:06 AM.

08-05-2009, 01:14 AM
This game is absolutely amazing. If you like word games, go fish in your couch cushions for some quarters to pick this up.
08-05-2009, 01:15 AM
so you spell words to kill your foes? the bigger the word the more damage?!
08-05-2009, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IKnowHow2Fly View Post
so you spell words to kill your foes? the bigger the word the more damage?!
Exactly!
08-05-2009, 01:20 AM

Need itunes money now!!!
haha will be getting this one FOR SURE tomorrow.
08-05-2009, 01:27 AM
yes, first impressions are, i'm quite the stupid human, hahaha at least with every play through i am improving, i havent tried the hardest difficulty but normal is just about right.

i am not a big player of the many word games out there, but the style of this one (dungeon crawling) took my interest. i am doing very well in the kid difficulty, so that builds confidence, and the ability to see words quicker, so i can move back to the normal difficulty.

i like the addition of "magic" tiles, if you use them in the game they do more damage, or even find the best possible word to use (oracle tile), i used the oracle special tile once, and it made a word worth 720 damage, 60k points with a bonus of 20k, so if you save the oracle magic tile for a "boss" monster, it works out great. you can also get a potion to get back health. you will also uncover books that allow you to choose a little boost of some sort (as seen in the pictures).

the game at it's base is, spell a word witht he tiles provided to cast a spell, while you take damage over time from the monster your facing. you have to kill a certain number of monsters to get through that level of the dungeon and move on to the next level. i didnt realize this at first and died on normal trying to figure out more words to spell.

for one of my first go's at the "word" or "spelling" genre of games i find this definitely worth the .99 introduction price, and a good way to use your brain for a bit.

EDIT: i am now definitely interested in other word genre games like this so any suggestions would be welcome (the special tiles and having a goal of sorts the major draw for me).

-cory

Last edited by silentdante; 08-05-2009 at 01:36 AM.
08-05-2009, 01:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentdante View Post
yes, first impressions are, i'm quite the stupid human, hahaha at least with every play through i am improving, i havent tried the hardest difficulty but normal is just about right.

i am not a big player of the many word games out there, but the style of this one (dungeon crawling) took my interest. the kid difficulty i am doing very well in, so that builds confidence, and the ability to see words quicker, so i feel like i can move back to the normal difficulty.

i like the addition of "magic" tiles, if you use them in the game they do more damage, or even find the best possible word to use, i used the oracle special tile and it made a word worth 720 damage, 60k points with a bonus of 20k, so if you save the oracle magic tile for a "boss" monster, it works out great. you can also get a potion to get back health.

the game is at it's base, spell to cast a spell, while you take damage over time from the monster your facing. you have to kill a certain number of monsters to get through that level of the dungeon and move on to the next level. i didnt realize this at first and died on normal trying to figure out more words to spell.

for one of my first go's at the "word" or "spelling" genre of games i find this definitely worth the .99 introduction price, and a good way to use your brain for a bit.

sounds good
i love word games and what not like scrabble so this is right up my alley
08-05-2009, 01:29 AM
Sounds cool. I guess I'll have to part with another dollar.
08-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
It's made by the guy who did Mindwall, one of my faves. This is a maybe.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.