iPhone Zentomino HD is coming soon!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Little White Bear Studios, Aug 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little White Bear Studios

Little White Bear Studios Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    [​IMG]

Zentomino is coming to the iPad! Just like the popular iPhone version, Zentomino HD challenges you to solve puzzles of various difficulty levels by positioning colorful pieces over a silhouette in a peaceful sand environment. Move, rotate, and flip the pieces into position to complete a puzzle.

And best of all, you can play over 100 puzzles for FREE! That's right, we're giving away 50% of the puzzles from the paid iPhone version!

If you enjoy all the free content, you can also check out the optional Skin Packs and Puzzle Packs! And no, we're not going to charge you a fortune for tiny bits of extra content! Each Puzzle Pack contains over 100 puzzles for $0.99, and each Skin Pack contains three skins for $0.99. Huge content, low prices! And even better, any purchase removes all banner ads from the game, and expands the play area to fill the entire screen!

Features:

- Over 400 puzzles available, and 25% of them are FREE! Twice as many puzzles as the iPhone version!

- Highly detailed, colorful, pieces. Nine additional skins are available via in app purchase.

- Multiple save slots for family play.

- Normal and advanced play modes. Have it just show the pieces you need to solve the puzzle OR have it show all possible pieces so you can solve the puzzle in your own unique way. Most puzzles have multiple solutions!

- Hint system. Stuck on a puzzle? Simply double tap in an open area, and a hint will be revealed!

- In game iPod music picker. Enjoy the calming default music, or find your Zen with your own playlist!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    Awesome!

Been waiting for this one.

Has it been submitted to the app store yet?

3. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Yep, a couple days ago. :)

4. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Nice approach to the DLC system; I wonder if it will do better or worse than TanZen HD.

5. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Thanks! Hopefully nobody feels cheated by anything. :)

Hopefully better! TanZen HD hasn't made back its development costs yet.

6. songbird

songbird Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    Awesome! Congrats on submitting and good luck with the review process. Can't wait to be playing this on my iPad. :)

7. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    For what it's worth, I feel that your choices for DLC are well though out and very very fair.

Best of luck to you!

8. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Thanks, hope you enjoy it! :)

9. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Thanks! Yeah, with the DLC, we figure if people still like the game after 100+ free puzzles, odds are decent that they'll pay $1 for 100+ more. :)

10. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    @LWBS -

You KNOW how big a fan I am of yours. But color me totally bummed on the DLC. I understand all the pricing issues, etc, but I am just not a fan of DLC.

One of the things that I really liked about finishing a round of the Tanzen puzzles was getting a skin as a "reward". I guess that is going away - I think that takes away from some of the motivation to do the puzzles - at least for me, so if you have to do the DLC, please consider having the skins being included in that, and unlocked as puzzles are completed.

I still wish you best success in the game, and I think that I am probably in the minority with the DLC issues. Also, having a separate app that is all inclusive would be my wish, but as Nattylux talked about in the HM threads, there are all sorts of issues associated with that as well.

I was hoping for the clone of Tanzen HD package and presentation as a Zentomino HD puzzler.

11. songbird

Dec 4, 2009
    That would be cool, is there any way that would be a possibility?

12. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008

Fully understandable, pluto6. Unfortunately, the TanZen HD Lite/TanZen HD combo idea hasn't even generated a third of its money back after months of being on the store. And a large portion of the development time on TanZen HD was spent making all those skins. The sad fact is, unless you're a top ranked game on the iPad, there really isn't any visibility on the device. TanZen HD has been sitting in the top 50 Puzzles list since it came out, but nobody can see that on the iPad, as there are no gaming sub categories like there is on the iPhone. So to battle such invisibility, we decided to try combining the Lite/full version together this time around, and offer DLC. Due to TanZen HD's failure to earn back the time/money invested in it, we couldn't do the same thing twice, and spend huge amounts of time making skins for each page of puzzles. As Nattylux has stated before, offering two versions tends to split the money, making each game lose in rank, so that option was out too. Personally, I liked the unlocking of skins per completed page, just as you do. But we just couldn't afford to do it this time around, simply because of time involved, and the way the iPad store is presented to players. So we decided to go free, to get more eyes. And then offer people a choice of how much game they want. If we look at the numbers, players can get the equivalent content of the $2 iPhone version for $1 on the iPad, so we think that's a pretty good deal. Yeah, if TanZen HD were selling like hotcakes, we'd duplicate the experience exactly in Zentomino HD. But it's not, so we had to try something new. Hope that clears things up a little bit. :)

13. songbird

Dec 4, 2009
    Thank you for explaining. :)

14. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    #14 Little White Bear Studios, Aug 11, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
    Not likely, as it splits sales, which brings down the rank/visibility of both apps. Plus, the time involved in making the skins is too expensive given the low return on investment. This is 95% a one person operation, so spending time on things that won't earn the money back is hazardous. :(

15. Hiway49

Hiway49 Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Zentomino HD will have my full support. I wish the skins were unlockable too, but I can understand that these games need to make money too. I don't mind spending the money because when I add up the time I've spent on Tanzen, I've gotten more than my money's worth in value.

16. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Thanks Hiway49! Every little bit helps us make more games. :)

17. gsxrboy

gsxrboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    I think I'll snaffle this up for sure to go with TanZen HD, just one question though - Will the in app purchases be synced back to iTunes and transferable to a second household iPad without repurchase required on that second iPad?

18. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    In App purchases are tied to the account - so as long as the other iPad is on the same account no repurchase would be required. I'm not sure how inApp purchases apply to "shared" accounts though.

19. Little White Bear Studios

Patreon Silver

Aug 27, 2008
    Awesome, thanks! :) Once you've purchased an in app purchase item, Apple records the purchase, and it will be free the next time you try to purchase it from the same iTunes account, regardless of which device you're doing it on.

20. gsxrboy

gsxrboy Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Excellent! I thought that would be the case, using the same account, but couldn't find anything concrete. Now to wait for the release and then gobble up all the dlc packs :)