GameClub Incoboto (by Fluttermind)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Managing director, artist, musician, programmer, d
    U.K.
    No it frickin' doesn't, you tease.

2. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Look to your right.

3. Joelatics

Joelatics New Member

Dec 15, 2012
    If the screen is a clue I'm too thick to understand it :p Gonna be so annoyed when it's something really obvious now, been stuck there for 4 days!! :D

4. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Fuuuurther right. There are TWO switches there. (Note the picture is cut off on the site here, save it out to get a clearer view).

5. Joelatics

Joelatics New Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Argh, I can not believe I didn't spot that!!!!!!!!! Thanks dude, loving the game :)

6. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    It's a puzzle-adventure game. They're kind of made up of cycles like this: Exploration-Frustration-Release.

Glad you're enjoying the pain. :)

7. Decimoo

Decimoo New Member

Dec 23, 2012
    #427 Decimoo, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
    Starpiece in a box on Shield

Dene - first off, can I say along with everyone else, what a fantastic experience this game is! Thank you.

But, I've been stuck for a day now on how to get the starpiece out of the box on Shield. I've been in and out via the portals, but can't jump to get it. Can you give me a clue?! No doubt I'm missing something horribly obvious, but hey :rolleyes:

Also, is there a way to jump when swinging on the grapple hook, from lower to higher? I keep trying to move in the way I would swing on ropes in Worms or the like, but don't know if this is utterly futile...

If anyone can help me, I'll appreciate it!

Deci

Duh. Sussed it about 5 mins after posting!

8. gurmukh

gurmukh New Member

Dec 24, 2012
    WheelTurn System - Apostle

Hi guys

I've searched this thread but am SO stuck on getting the 65th star on Apostle. I have one orb and am able to "light" the other orb stand to the left of the generator. But the protection around the star on the tree doesnt seem to vanish. How do I do this?

Any help wouuld be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

9. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Bought this today and finished everything in one evening lol
    Great great game :)
    Puzzle difficulties were just right, don't see why anyone would get stuck too badly on anything. Kudos for that.

10. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Thanks for the kind words. The thing about being a small developer is that posts like this mean more to me than anything else.

But...

Good Lord. One evening? See, this is why making puzzle games is so hard! I've had so many messages and mails from people unable to figure out what I thought were the really simple puzzles... and other people going, "Meh. I guess I just have to shove a grenade in there."

BeMuse isn't going to be puzzley, for that very reason. But hopefully you'll like it just as much.

11. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    FYI: I sorted out Gurmukh's stuckyness via Twitter. Happy Incoboto-ing! Oh, and Holidays, too. Those should also be happy.

12. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    See, the thing about writing a post like this is that it forces you to explain your problem in a very precise way... often illuminating the solution along the way.

If I were a wise Zen master, I'd be nodding sagely about now.
    But I'm not, so I won't. I'd look like a tool.

Glad your problem's gone away!

13. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Yeah it might be a short game for some people, but when the game is of such a high quality it matters little.

I finished the game quickly, some of the reason was that the game hooked me from the very start and I probably didn't play much else til I completed it, which is rare for me.

In the end I enjoyed reading the messages from those who didn't survive, and the corporation things, almost as much as the actual gameplay.

Thank you for Incoboto Mini. Superb, and a worthy member of my top 10 games of 2012. :)

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    One of my GotY nominees. :)

15. Mooro

Mooro Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2010
    I rarely post on here but I have just finished this game and had to comment on it. This is a wonderful game. It had me hooked from the start. There is a humanity and warmth to the game that you just don't get from some of the bigger developers (I'm looking at you Gameloft). The puzzles were clever and required some working out. The hint system and the messages from The Corporation just added to the immersive feel of the game. While some have found the ending a tad abrupt I thought it was very poignant and added to the overall atmosphere of the game. Well done to the developer. One of the best iOS games yet. Looking forward to seeing what you have in store next. More of the same please:)

16. Alerian

Alerian New Member

Jan 25, 2013
    I'm currently on the Infinity planet of the BrightSky system where you can focus the sun's beam and the dark squid-like creatures shoot out towards the sun, but I can't seem to figure out what to do.

Do you just burn the little guys until something else happens? Or am I missing something? Seems like I've spent several minutes of shooting them without anything going forward.

Thanks!

17. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Look for the weak spot (the bright spot that appears amidst the black mass) and focus the beam on that. Eliminate 2 or 3 of them and that should do it!

18. Alerian

Alerian New Member

Jan 25, 2013
    Ah, that did it. I also realized that you can change the size of the targeting circle by how far apart your fingers are and that's how you focus - I thought focusing was simply getting the beam to appear.

Thanks again!

19. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    See, this is the reason I get up in the morning. Thanks so much. I'll do my best not to disappoint. :)

20. Dene

Dene Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2009
    U.K.
    Oopsy. Terminology-fail on my part, obviously. God knows how it's going to be to describe Bemuse's interface. It's looking like being a much deeper game...