Figure -$0.99 -> Free [music-making app]

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by sapphire_neo, Oct 24, 2013.

1. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

One of the simplest and most fun music apps, highly recommended for everyone.

2. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to give this a look.

3. primozz

primozz Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    Ohio
    +1 ... super easy to use and takes no time to start making basic melodies.

4. cdbaksu

cdbaksu Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Great little app! Very powerful since it's powered by Reason engine. Totally recommended!

5. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    I almost post a thread!

Anyways i have a feeling that this will be the Apple app of the Week!

I really want awesome games

6. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Someone gave this app ONE star? :eek:

DBC

7. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Looks interesting. Will give this a try.

8. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

This is a nice, simple music tool.

9. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Maybe they thought it was a diet/weight loss app and in their state of disappointment they weren't in the mood for music

10. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    One of those i use since a year. Very easy to use, and beautiful sounds at the end. Highly recommended!

11. timmis6010

timmis6010 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for posting this! I love using programs like this as an on the go sketch pad for ideas. Looks perfect.

12. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

I hope nobody misses this. One of the best App of the Week sales by Apple until now. Music making apps have very rare zero sales. Highly recommended!

The following review video is from the first version, Figure got eight superb updates since then!

More demos at YT.

By Propellerhead Software. I was one of the first who bought their ReBirth RB-388 CD (which emulated classic Roland instruments) decades ago. A classic. Wikipedia: Propellerhead.

13. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Yeah wtf? I despise it when people knock down something so much, as if this app somehow kills kittens and puppies. Is there any way at this is the "worst app ever"?

I've seen lots of crap apps that don't work and are deserving of a single star, this is not one. It's like MysticPete rating any game that the devs don't magically get working on ancient hardware.

Lurk if you want, but don't crap on an app without backing it up, is childish.

14. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    It's really easy, both in the app and on the website, to accidentally tap a star rating as you're scrolling the screen without noticing. People rate games 1 star and then rave about them in their posts all the time.

15. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

In my 3 years on the site, I've never accidentally rated a game by clicking on the stars, even on my phone or iPad.

I don't think it DOESNT happen, not at all, but I think too many people use it nefariously, knowing that very few on TA actually rate games, so often even a single star will bring it down significantly.

16. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    There is another free promotion for this, but you have to have the "Apple Store" (not AppStore) app installed. Install it, open it, scroll down to "Make Powerful Music", tap and get a promo code to download Figure. Not sure if this is limited to certain regions or anything like that.

Attached Files:

17. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

#17 BazookaTime, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    I always liked this but found it very limiting due to the lack of export options.

18. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    One of the most intuitive and fun apps for those who are both musically or not-so-musically inclined. My son creates tracks on a daily basis with Figure and uploads them easily onto his SoundCloud account. This app is also much easier than PH's Rebirth. Get it free while you can...

19. Kofiaa

Kofiaa Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    Student
    Aberdeen, UK
    #19 Kofiaa, Jun 10, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    Aww I missed it

Edit: didn't read all the instructions