id Software QUAKECON Weekend Sale

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ImNoSuperMan, Aug 12, 2010.

?

Which iD Software Game??

1. Doom Resurrection

10.0%
  2. Doom Classic

20.0%
  3. Wolfenstein Classic 3D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Doom II RPG

40.0%
  5. Wolfenstein RPG

30.0%
  1. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
  2. raptor200

raptor200 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    hmm i cant decide what doom game to get?!

3. goiMot

goiMot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Physician
    #3 goiMot, Aug 12, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
    id Software games on Sale for QuakeCon

- nvm

4. coralium

coralium Active Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Student
    Is Wolfenstein 3D buggy like the reviews say?

5. 7h30n

7h30n Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    I want to buy at least one of those games but neither of them is available in Croatian store :(

6. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    How about all of them? They're all awesome games more than worth their current prices.

7. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I've played it a fair amount and haven't noticed much bugginess. I'm pretty sure they've covered most of the important ground with updates. There could be some bugs there, but I'm honestly not seeing them.

8. dyscode

dyscode Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Living
    World
    I have the complete iD iPhone Catalogue since a long time and they are are all as stable as can be.

9. Qordobo

Qordobo Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    What bugs? I didn't notice anything but I played less than 5 levels (each are rather big). Fps don't work well for me on the iPad, the keyboard+mouse combo is missing too much. W3D is one of the rare I played a bit, in fact the only one. It's also the only one fps I didn't removed from my iPad.

There's a lite version if you are curious about it. For the bugs mentioned in some reviews you read, take care that W3D get updated to include its follow up, Spear of Destiny, and problems with the Spear of Destiny update had been fixed with version 1.3.

EDIT: Don't ask why I didn't saw posts already answer the question, let say I confirm from the few I played.

10. RttaM

RttaM Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2010
    Awesome, I'm planning to pick up Doom! :)

11. Menneisyys

Menneisyys Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Purchased it right after release - then, it ran just OK on my 3G (or was it 3G S?), played thru at least 7-8 stages.

12. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Myself the only one I haven't is Doom Resurrection but I'll catch the sale opportunity to get it asap.

Doom 2 RPG: It's a little game but much better than I expected, it's Dungeon Crawling turn based and with many story content. The fights and action are more subtle than you could think first, and you better take some care of your ammo. The secrets are often easy but are well done as is the exploration, there are good puzzles/tricks to find.

Doom Classic: The problem is that it's the fastest fps ever done, from far, and this don't match that well the idevice gameplay. I'd advise it only to fans of Doom (like me) or those that really master the fps on idevice.

Wolfenstein 3D Classic: A fps that suits much better the platform plus I think they took care make your movements a little slower. But well it's old. If you don't mind the flat levels (no heights/stairs/cliffs), the dated graphics, secrets not always with good hints, then it's a game to try. There's a lite version to try.

13. riggysmalls

riggysmalls Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    Oregon
    iD Software Sale

If I were just going to get one iD Software game while they're on sale, which should it be?

Wolfenstein Classic 3D -> .99
    Doom Resurrection -> 1.99
    Doom II RPG -> .99
    Doom Classic -> 1.99
    Wolfenstein RPG -> 1.99

I'm leaning towards the Doom RPG/Classic, but I'd love to hear what people think!

14. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Buy em' all. They're all fun. ;)

15. powersurge

powersurge Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Pensacola, FL
    I liked them all. The only one on the list I didn't already have was Doom2 RPG so I snagged it today.

16. Qordobo

Jun 11, 2010
    Lol the only one on the list I didn't already have was Doom Resurrection so I snagged it today. :D

But ok I didn't like them all, if on PC Doom is the best fps I ever played and one of my all time favorite game, I got only frustration with the controls on this version. Not that they are badly done it's just that the pad in this game bored me.

I wish you could customize as much than in Wolfenstein 3D where you can break the cross movement pad in two pieces and not in Doom. But I suspect that even with that possibility I would not enjoy because of the speed of the game. I think in Wolfenstein 3D they even slower a little the speed and if true that's a good decision for the device.

17. Jibba

Jibba Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2009
    I didn't really like Wolfenstein RPG. Should I assume I wouldn't like any of these?

18. zoqi

zoqi Active Member

Jun 21, 2010
    I would grab Doom II RPG if anything.

19. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    You might not like Doom II RPG then.

As for the others - they're all action games and completely different.

20. agent59512935

agent59512935 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    I bought Doom Resurrection on the day it wad released and was extremely disappointed. Very poor game IMO, nothing more than a cheap cash in.

No more ID apps for me.