Aves-Level 10... "nailed it"

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Free, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Free

Free Active Member

Sep 20, 2009
    game dev
    In the garage
    #1 Free, Sep 25, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2009
    here's me beating level 10 on Aves. So far, that's the highest level proven to be beaten. Anyone else gone this far?

2. itman

itman Well-Known Member

Sep 3, 2009
    11. Don't find the game that hard. Except level 12. Thats just ridiculous. Will post video when i do it again ( if i can )

3. tadad1

tadad1 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Uranus
    #3 tadad1, Sep 25, 2009
    Yeah 11 as well but can only manage to get down to the last bird (6 Kill) in level 12.

EDIT: Just managed to clear level 12 with 10 sec to spare and 13. 13 is quite easy only 2 Kills but the talking birds are a bit disturbing.

[​IMG]

4. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    #4 Hitch, Sep 25, 2009
    Ummm..... I haven't recorded it, but I'm on level 20 right now. I have some proof for ya though! Hmm.... Better have you highlight so you aren't mad about a "spoiler..." :p
    On level 7, 14, and 17, the dev. does the bird noises... Like, "I'm a bird... Don't shoot me!" or "lookup'er! Lookup'er!" haha gotta love the three amigo's reference! :D
    So yeah... The levels in the 20's are kickin my butt now though!
    Wait... Actually I think it's level 13 with the dev. I don't have my ipod with me so I'm not sure right now...

5. Free

Free Active Member

Sep 20, 2009
    game dev
    In the garage
    Nice! It gets pretty serious after level 10.

6. Free

Free Active Member

Sep 20, 2009
    game dev
    In the garage
    Maybe I'll post a video of the talking birds for everybody. As you can imagine, they were fun to make...

7. Free

Free Active Member

Sep 20, 2009
    game dev
    In the garage
    Wow! Hitch might be one of the best players out there so far! I'm not worried about a spoiler though. Go for it. Because of the random nature of the AI in the birds, even the same level will play differently for every person, so you can't really spoil it.

8. TheBioReplicant

TheBioReplicant Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Being at 20 after a week of play is utterly mind boggling. I dont understand how people can have reflexes like that. I'm quite good with precision tasks, and I've built, tested, Aves thousands of times. When I played it through, with time limits, it took me the equivalent of 2 weeks of hours to get to that level.

Insane.

9. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    #9 Hitch, Sep 25, 2009
    Actually........... I bought the Aves this tuesday. So I've played it about..... 5hrs. I thought I was just average cause I'm slowly gettin towards level 26. Is the contest still going? It's a lot of fun though, and one of the hardest games to master on my iPod. One of the best dollars I've spent in iTunes! :D

Haha I love just sitting into the menu and just listening to the music revolve around me. Could Ghost be used in normal music, or does it need special recording for it to work?

Oh yeah! Hahaha the talking birds crack me up every time! Especially the bird when ya get him on the wall. Lol!

10. Free

Free Active Member

Sep 20, 2009
    game dev
    In the garage
    Yep, the contest is still on. It's not official because we probably need to talk with lawyers, but we're definitely going to honor it. $1500 to the first person to prove that they beat level 25 (bring a video).

Who knows what will happen when someone beats level 26!!!

Ghost audio in the menu you're hearing is actually something you could play in your iPod. Originally the menu music was controllable. If you tilted the phone left or right, the "band" would spin accordingly. You could "center" the drums if you want directly in front of you. It's pretty cool. We took out the dynamic control in Aves because then it would be 300 Mb or more to download...

Maybe I should make some free apps with some sweet GHOST enabled music that you can spin around your head using the accelerometer?

11. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    Make a soundsboard app. That would be killer with the GHOST audio thing.

12. Free

Free Active Member

Sep 20, 2009
    game dev
    In the garage
    What's the best soundsboard app out there? I'm not very familiar.

13. yourofl10

Dec 11, 2008
    Here's an example of a sound board app:

App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.

14. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    That would be cool... :cool:

15. TheBioReplicant

Sep 18, 2009
    what happens after 26

Your iPod will start generating fractal patterns transformed into binaural beats and increasing frequencies and ...

ever see lawnmower man ?

16. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Wait.... One question. Why is it whoever wins level 25 gets the 1,500? Why not level 26? Haha I'm just tryin to get the dev. so he has to work extra hard! ;)

17. TheBioReplicant

Sep 18, 2009
    Because when I played it through and got to 25 I went ooohhhhhhh #(@*&#& this is hard.

18. yourofl10

Dec 11, 2008
    I guess you get the $1,500 then :p

CONTEST OVER :p

19. TheBioReplicant

Sep 18, 2009
    No no got to it, didn't pass it yet. but close. Very close. Even if I do, contest is still honored, we dont count.

I know how that bird thinks ;) Although sometimes I swear its alive.

20. Hitch

Hitch Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    The Lonely Island
    Boomshakalaka!!!!!

So.... I've been playing again... and guess what? I beat level 20. Then level 21. Then.... Level 22. And then I barely got... LEVEL 23! Then I got Level 24. Woot woot! I'm gettin my recording man over right now. I have screens of me beating the last 5 levels if you guys want proof though... :D Almost there!
    Holy crap though... 25's gonna be a doosy.