Sims 3 In-App Purchases Soon! (not so bad after all!)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by qasim, Jul 20, 2009.

1. qasim

qasim Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2009
    USA
    [​IMG]

I remember back then everyone was all upset and afraid of how Electronic Arts was going to add in app purchase for furniture in "The Sims 3" for iPhone/iPod Touch. Will now, here's some news. Pretty soon this summer, EA will be releaseing an update with theme packs for the game. I guess this will be for either more towns, clothes, and/or customization of houses. I am extremely excited for this. It will most likely add lots of replay value to "The Sims 3." I'm happy to see EA updating their games now. I just hope they won't make the game packs $9.99 each! :p. I'm guessing $3-$4. :)

Take a look at this as welll for more information from iPhone Games Network.

2. nic.

nic. Well-Known Member

May 25, 2009
    Malaysia
    Pretty neat, as long as the price is reasonable and give us more things to play with, not just decoration.

3. WunDaii

WunDaii Well-Known Member

ike i said at iPTF, i'll use the Nightlife theme. As long as it's not too much.

4. XGLITE

XGLITE Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    England
    great. I'm hoping babies, more places, more stuff, better jobs, plots to do stuff in like actually be there. Control multiple sims.

5. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    This is awesome, and I have been waiting to hear news on this for a while, but as of right now I am more interested in them fixing the game so it's f*cking playable. I havn't been able to get my mini-sims fix in forever :(

6. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Of course EA will update their games now if it means additional revenue. For games with one-off pricing, updates will probably never see the light of day. But, those with DLC possibilities will see plenty of updates...for a nominal fee.

7. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    so after spending $10 on this app they want us to shell out another $10 to $15 just for what THEMES!!!!! come on ea

8. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Oh I expected that when I bought the game. That's not what I am upset about, I can pay for additional themes that fine. But I just want to be able to play the games when I want to lol. Its a pretty sh!tty tactic to leave the game so unplayable, and only when additional revenue can be made with these additional themes do they decide to update (hopfully) and fix the bugs. It annoys me that they think thier games are flawless.:mad:

9. beachmusic

beachmusic Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Then dont buy it! Others myself included is excited about this prospect this will transcend and go beyond what the psp and ds can do and in the process further legitimize the platform. Some people should understand that if we want console quality games then we have to be prepare to shell out some bucks! Get over your 99c fixation, get a day job or something!

10. yournothere

yournothere Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2009
    i never liked the idea of in game purchases. but if they add some really good stuff, then its worth it.

11. goldglover411

goldglover411 Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2009
    ipod touch game reviewer
    USA
    i didnt buy it because i would rather play the game on the computer where i can actually build houses

12. 5duc29

5duc29 Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    I don't like the sound of themes :( I don't think they are going to expand the game, they're probably just add more furniture and clothing. But I could be wrong. I just have to wait and see.

13. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Thats fine with me. I mean I would like a bit of expansion, but I am sure it won't be real extravagant. Heres hoping they show me wrong though, it would be cool to have it expanded. I can't wait for more clothes though...

Anywhere know where exactly to go to vote for the 6th theme or whatever?

14. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    My save game was deleted when updating to 3.0.... I had about 12
    achievments left. Does anyone know what happens when you get 100%?

15. The Game Reaper

The Game Reaper Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    The Emerald Isle
    You don't have to buy it. It's additional content.

16. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Your device will self destruct in 5,4,3,2,1 - BOOM!

From EA's Twitter: Link

17. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    #17 ImNoSuperMan, Jul 20, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
    EDIT:- Looks like I may be mistaken here. Read Post #20 below. Thanx Bdan1191 for clearing this up.
    ------

No sharing of in app purchased content with any other idevice you own, No ability to redownload the content if u loose it accidentaly.
    No thanx Apple.

18. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Nothing exceptional. Spoiler below.
    It opens up the pawn shop which offers sale n purchase of cars and offers u a criminal career to pursue. Nina will be ur criminal boss.

BTW, incase u have just updated to 3.0 you can restore with an older backup for ur iPhone. Itunes gives you option to choose from the latest backup and a couple more older ones. But if you updated weeks ago then you might not be able to find a backup which still contains your old sims data.
    BTW

19. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Yeah that is kind of sh!tty. Thats really sh!tty actually.

20. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Thanks superman, I had been wondering for awhile now! :D