what one game should i buy?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by billsteve, Aug 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. billsteve

billsteve New Member

Aug 2, 2008
    I don't like spending money... what one game should i buy? or hold off to buy?

2. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Why spend any money?

There are plenty of full featured games that are free
    Aurora Feint, Tap Tap Revenge, Cookie Bonus Solitaire, and Cube Runner

if I were to only buy one game, it would be Galcon. I did a review on it a few days ago if you want more depth to my answer

3. MattB

MattB Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Web Designer
    Plant City, FL
    Check out the reviews found here on TouchArcade, my site (link below) and iGames: http://www.lockergnome.com/igames/

Reviews are a great way to find out what's worth buying and what's not. Also forums like this one is a good indicator of what some good games are.

I agree with VegastTnT that Galcon is a good investment. Another favorite of mine is MotionX's Poker.

4. Project-79

Project-79 Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Canada
    I also have a website for reviewing game (see sig). I think that Crash Bandicoot is a really good game for $9.99. Though, if your looking for a game that will last a while, this isn't the game for you.

If you can stand to wait, Spore Origins and Need For Speed: Undercover are coming to the iPhone. They both should be good games.

P-79

5. Suneun

Suneun Active Member

Jul 14, 2008
    I don't mind if people ask what game they should buy... except provide some background! List a few games (console, PC, whatever) that you DO like, styles you like, styles you hate, etc. Like timing? Hate timing? Like plot? Couldn't care less?

Lets turn this thread into something more useful.

---> What game should I get next? I like smooth graphics, no lightning reflexes required, and ideally <$6. I don't like sluggish interfaces. Any genre is fine, leaning toward Adventure/RPG or Puzzle.

6. matt

matt Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    Blogger/Student/Public Relations
    Collins,GA
    Personally I would go with Dizzy Bee. Its a fun action puzzle style game that has Nintendo polish and design written all over it. Its fun for casual gamers and hard enough to master that hardcore gamers will enjoy it as well.

[​IMG]

Instead of me just telling you about it the fine folks at Igloo-Games released a "demo" version of the game called DizzyBeeFree, and yes its free.

The demo has a handful of levels and gives you a good feel of what the game is.

The full games is $2.99

App Store Links:

DizzyBeeFree

Dizzy Bee

Also here are some free Dizzy Bee iPhone wallpapers straight from the developer!

Link

If you have any more questions about the game feel free to do so, I am more then willing to help.

7. billsteve

billsteve New Member

Aug 2, 2008
    wow, guys thanks! with these links and stuff i will check it all out. and that free puzzle game, aurora feint, holy crap that is so cool. but how does the party thing work?

8. wok

wok Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Just checked out fingergaming.com and the quality of the few reviews I just skimmed and the layout/design of the site are top notch. Definitely will be looking forward to new posts. There seem to be a lot of review sites popping up, but he quality is across the spectrum, so thanks for the heads up!

9. ChemicalWeather

ChemicalWeather Active Member

Jul 30, 2008
    I also took notice of fingergaming's layout. very very well done. The reviews are very well done and the layout is very easy to see what's going on. I also have been checking this site daily and hope the quality continues :)

10. MattB

MattB Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Web Designer
    Plant City, FL
    Thanks for the kind comments guys, it is most appreciated. I'm certainly having fun doing this, and I really believe iPhone/iPod Touch gaming is going to be huge.

11. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    If only he could have seen 12 months into the future.

Yes, my friend. Yes. It is.

12. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
  13. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

Why the hell did we raise this thread from the dead?

14. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    What the hell, Tmonine?

15. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Hold your money and wait for the upcoming Shrek Kart from Gameloft.

16. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Is that supposed to be a joke?

17. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Lol. Tmonine definitely beats my record of bumping an 8 month old thread. Though mine was to report a sale and this one had apparently no reason whatsoever. :p