Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-16-2013, 10:07 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipshod Games View Post
Thanks for the feedback swiftsnake & digitalphil, I really appreciate it, and the app store reviews are a huge help!

Hopefully I'll have some video of the alternate control scheme ready by this weekend, and hopefully Apple will approve the widescreen update already...
When the widescreen update happens you will have a new customer
Old 05-17-2013, 07:03 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Widescreen updates out!!!
Old 05-17-2013, 10:06 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

K... I just unlocked the last stage with a fully maxed character...

=oD

Was a bit short.

Any chance a scoring system + GC boards could be added? A combo/multiplier system would add to the replay value IMMENSELY!!

Right now, I dunno if ill be coming back to the game once I complete it. =o/
Old 05-18-2013, 04:48 AM

I enjoyed it, but it gets dull in places. Loads of repetition.

Reminds me of target renegade and double dragon, but without the bits that made them great.

It's like a watered down version.

The bike level is horrible.

On the whole, enjoyed it though. Just about.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:06 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

K... just woke up and beat the game...

I was really hoping for more from the last stage and especially from the last boss. He was a cakewalk. I dunno if I just caught him a little too easily or got lucky or what. I might take another crack at it later on today and see if he's as easily beatable a second time - but right now - I'm a little disappointed.

Not because I wanted more - I feel that I definitely got my dollars worth, and then some - but to see so so so much potential and have it not have any extra drive (scoring system) and seeing the characters kind of slack off when it comes to moves and attacks in the last 3 levels of the world.

I don't want to spoil too much so I'll hide my experience with the last boss:;:

•••Spoiler:  Alrighty. I got to him, nice cheesy dramatic dialogue, like I expected, but totally loved throughout the whole game... anyway - he throws his jacket off, and I'm like 'oh hell yeah! GAME ON!' - and then he comes out, does a couple of quick dashes to the center of the screen, and one gun shot - and I'm like... alright... kinda cheep... no real spiffy moves yet... let's see what you got - and I do a bicycle kick at him while he dashes at me - I miss, but get this - while he's running back to the left side of the screen, he just lets me go to town on him - I mean, I must have got in at least 5-6 decent hits on him before he managed to run back off-screen... then the same thing happened again, except this time, I hit him with my spin kick, and again, caught him while he was running back off-screen. I dunno if my manic movements resulted in him not pulling out his gun again, but he didn't... he also just kept coming in for one hit punches, and then trying to run off screen again - it was pretty... underwhelming - to say the least. Then I beat him... no get back up and 'alright, I was taking it easy on you, but NOW YOU'RE IN FOR IT!!!' it just went to the ending cut-scene.

Yeah...

Anyway... hope you can keep working on this game. It still is a really great beat-em-up title for the iOS, which is rare when it's not a port of a previously released SEGA game (hehehe).
Old 05-28-2013, 12:09 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

This combo system is horrendous.
In an arcade game, we have one finger on each button so it's easy to tap three buttons in half a second.

In touch screen games, we use out thumbs so we usually move our thumb to each button so unless I move my two fingers to tap the buttons quickly, which is lame because I have to change my finger placement just for the combos, I can't pull them off with my thumb.

Most brawlers on iOS allow for combos without lighting speed tapping so this game has it wrong for a touch screen device.

And yes I saw the combo timing video and it only confirmed the combo system is horrible for the iPhone controls. This could be easily fixed like every other game on iOS that allows combos.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:48 PM

Just finished it. to be continued! hopefully more levels are added. it plays great on the ipad mini especially with retinapad enabled. the combos are tough but i didn't even need them to beat it. good thing there are energy capsules though cause they were manhandling me at the elevator part lol
Old 05-28-2013, 07:49 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bckrupps View Post
Just finished it. to be continued! hopefully more levels are added. it plays great on the ipad mini especially with retinapad enabled. the combos are tough but i didn't even need them to beat it. good thing there are energy capsules though cause they were manhandling me at the elevator part lol
Yeah you don't need combos and I gave up using them due to the hassle but this makes the game much less fun.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:46 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

So... Any news on this one?
Old 06-25-2013, 05:44 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
So... Any news on this one?