Universal Darkness Rush: Saving Princess

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Jan 11, 2012.

1. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Now i think you are just exaggerating.

2. lumothesinner

lumothesinner Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2011
    UK
    Agreed, 3 hours and no rank change and no coin collection? I'm double that time at B+ and plenty of coinage

Either that or you are incredibly bad at the game. How have you managed no coins or missions?

3. Drexiel

Drexiel Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Commercial Diver
    Ponce, PR
    i have 40 minutes, 7k coins, haven't spent anything and i only ranked up once.

he definitely sux... or he's just making it up

4. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Anybody tried the 4 player mode yet?

5. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Now FREE for the first time and for a limited time.

6. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im gonna post this on facebook. That should help get it more players :)

I want to abuse online multiplayer in this. LOL.

7. beast_skillz_86

beast_skillz_86 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    #387 beast_skillz_86, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
    Does this start you off with coins or something, because i have a santa beard (the ugliest item) and i didnt even purchase it!!! Also its not that i have a low amount if coins but i still have nowhere near enough to buy anything. What do you guys from TA consider as " good at this game?" also one more thing, sorry if it seems like a lot, but how are we supposed to beat the win 10 MP games goal if i cant even start one match??? Im trying to like this game, but the insufficient quantity of coins is stopping me. :(

8. Synthesyze

Synthesyze Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    #388 Synthesyze, Feb 4, 2012
    Even though initially I was a little skeptical of this game, I have to say that I've really enjoyed the core gameplay mechanics, and even though I've only played a couple multiplayer matches, they have a lot of potential (and extremely fun!).

My main complaint is the amount of loading times and the occasional lag I experience during gameplay.

I'm not sure if this happens often, because it's only occurred once in the several times I've played, but there was one time where I could not collect any coins or powerups in the air, even when I blatantly touched them.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    LOL. If you were paying attention, Santa Beard is a reward from ranking up.

Some tips to get money fast.

The initial grinding road is a long and hard one (hence the term grind, lol). Gather 20k first. The fastest way is to keep on playing with the coinsx2 powerup.

When you have the 20k, get the "Attract Coins" accessory. This will generally let you concentrate more on the platforming rather than focusing on getting coins.

The Attract Coins+Coinsx2 should be enough to get you around 500 coins on average on a regular run, and could get as high as 1000 coins in average when you get good and lucky.

If you can consistently get an average of 600, get the life+1 powerup together with coinsx2. This will further increase your distances and chances/opportunities to complete missions which will pile up to get your coins faster.

As with equips, go for Agility Items and Mana Items first. They are more help than trouble than the other stats when farming in single player. In multiplayer matches, speed+ is godsend.

Now for the multiplayer Missions part, the reason why you cant get into a match is that there are not enough players who play online yet. The Devs are making an effort to increase their player base and actually decided to let go of the game for free for the weekend. Once there are more players, it shouldnt be too difficult to start multiplayer matches.

I hope you get more from the game like I do. And I hope to play more of you guys on multiplayer! :D

GC:Psience... Add me up!

10. kioshi

kioshi Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2011
    Brazil
    I like the new screenshots, helps seeing how the game is better. Oh make the video 720 and 1080p, 480p just doesn't show how beautiful the game really is :)

Too bad you can't change the title, I don't know if it's just me but the way it is kinda screams 'generic asian game' (the second part) - I'm half-asian btw so it's not a prejudice thing, it just sounds kinda corny instead of the high-quality game it is.

I bought it because I was excited for a unreal 3d engine runner, but who knows how many casual players will find that relevant or even know what it means. My iGaming friends never even look at review websites, I'll be sure to let them know of this game.

I find it a shame the other sites won't review it, this game is so damn good, I bought Helena after playing it for 5 minutes, I just had to see her in action and I don't regret it at all. Maybe making it free for 4 days will help gaining popularity in appshopper and the app store...

The best way imo to make this game popular would be having a free version. Like two games I played recently: Guerrilla Bob and Ghost Trick. I'm not sure how you would do it with an endless runner... But in the case of Guerrilla Bob, I played the free levels and then decided it wasn't for me. Now Ghost Trick, I was so hooked after playing the first two chapters (like, 30 mins) that I didn't even think before shelling 9.99 for the full game. I'm just not sure how you'd do a limited version with the runner genre since they aren't divided in chapters... Just saying what made me buy an expensive game (Ghost Trick).

Anyway just throwing some ideas, I'm no marketing expert, but this is a really great game with an innovative proposal imo (a high-end gfx endless runner) and it shouldn't be well known just by us nerds who go to game forums :p

11. colorsound

colorsound Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Video Game Developer / Photographer / Graphic Arti
    Detroit, MI
    I know this isn't the proper forum, but could you guys remove the ads from save our sheep?

I paid 3 dollars for the game and it has ad banners.

I tried emailing you but never heard back.

12. killsheep

killsheep Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2011
    #392 killsheep, Feb 4, 2012
    We have removed iAd, and this version is coming soon(next friday).
    We add 2 night-levels to Save Our Sheep HD as well.
    I didn't receive any email from you, my email is: [email protected]

13. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Fun game but lag in multiplayer makes it unplayable. There will be times where I'll travel 3/4 of the map and be sent back to the first 1/4 randomly. This is on wifi.

14. SuperWeird

SuperWeird Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2010
    New screen shots are WAY better. I'm sharing this with some friends while it's free, hopefully this will help boost its popularity. Everyone should try this game while it's free, and even if you miss the sale it's more than worth 99cents.

15. freestyle

freestyle Well-Known Member

May 4, 2011
    Play solo most of the time, just find that too many people got 9,999,999 coins on Game Center Leaderboard. It's not easy to get coins in this game, I dont think there's a chance to beat these cheaters when meet them in multiplay mode:(

16. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    They are cheaters!:( Shame!

17. killsheep

Jul 2, 2011
    Thank you very much.

18. beast_skillz_86

beast_skillz_86 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    Atlanta, GA
    Ill be reccomending it to my friend today aswell, and he has a few friends he could show it to also! :D

19. callmericardo

callmericardo Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2011
    I played this LOADS at the weekend. It's really fun and I love the graphics and the whole gothic style. Brilliant.

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Going online? what time (and timezone) will you be playing? :)