Should Apple buy Nintendo?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by klink, Dec 4, 2013.

1. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    "Should" they? What is this overconfidence in Apple?

2. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Well I like Nintendo and I would be sad to see them go away. Saying that I haven't owned one of their products in quite awhile. I'm hoping when my kids get a little older that they'll have a Nintendo product.

I not trying to put myself in the position where I'm predicting Nintendo's failure because I hope that doesn't happen. I was sad to see the failure of Atari, Colecovision, Magnavox Odyssey, 3DO, NeoGeo, NEC TurboGrafx, and finally Sega. Hopefully you guys are right that Nintendo's numbers are good and that they still have some juice left in them.

And I'll leave it at that!

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    We had a similar chat in another thread about Nintendo

They're a classic brand and i hope they do well, i'm not a Nintendo basher. The original argument we had was whether Nintendo could release some of their old classics on iOS, make a ton of money which could help further releases

As people pointed out Nintendo have a ton of money, BUT nowadays its all to do with share price. Their share price has dropped a ton the last few years, this Xmas is a big one for them as they need to do well.

At some point the shareholders will want their money out of Nintendo and might 'force' them to output some of their famous assets on other platforms. Could happen.

But lets see how this Xmas goes first, people were slating them a few years back and then the Wii was a huge success for a while.