Universal Real Racing 3 by Electronic Arts

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by matthew-13, Feb 13, 2013.

1. FilipAGuy

FilipAGuy Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    So after 5 days or so game became quite boring for me. I own 13 cars and just managing them is way to bothersome. Why they didnt add repair all button ? I guess no one is repairing just some parts and others not. Im also tired of checking car after car again and again for which parts need to be serviced when I run game after some time. Ok I use 3-4 cars (upgraded) to compete with GC friends or race new-unlocked tiers and rest is mostly for special model restricted races, but still its just boring. I dont like how TSM work. Sometimes I have to win cup or whatever to race against elite friends, but than I can beat them easily or they are on first position even I had much better time before. They should be at least on lower grid position than, but not first. On some tracks like Southbank it is huge advantage.

Other thing is that upgrades are too expansive and dont improve car that much. Usualy just first two stages are worth. On pictures I posted you can see difference between stage 2 and 3 on my Shelby. This upgrade cost more than 70K.

Maybe I will start playing game after some time again. I hope they can improve repairs managment somehow. It is probably good that game is freemium so everybody can try, but for newcomers game can be realy frustrating because of timers. They could add some iaps in range 0.99-20 buck/euro and one to unlock game. I would buy it even with service times.

Attached Files:

2. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Agree with AI needs looking at I got punted off the track from a AI that rammed me up the back on a stright

3. szleski

szleski Member

Mar 28, 2011
    On the other hand if you look in the mirrors you can block other cars (especially useful in head-to-head). The AI car which hits you from behind will lose quite some speed and it will be easier to stay in front.

4. racer-007

racer-007 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2013
    You don't even have to look in the mirrors. Just see the position of the distance tracker behind you.

5. russiaone

russiaone Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Pimp
    San Francisco
    #1785 russiaone, Feb 19, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
    Alright, I've waited long enough to add in my two cents, but here goes.

Game rocks.

I never finished Real Racing 1 or 2 and never saw any need or desire to get all the cars, so the fact the game is free is a helluva win for me.

As with Asphalt 7 I couldn't be happier, because I get a full game for absolutely NOTHING. And IAP is just something I do not do.

Anyway, on my 4S there is some frame rate stuttering, but nothing to be peeved about. And I'm continually amazed by the Mount Panorama track.

As was said waaaaaaaaay back and since, once you unlock 4-5 cars the wait for repairs and upgrades becomes almost a moot point.

And me being the type to sit down for only a few races a day (perhaps an hour at the most a day) the waiting game is one im only too happy to play.

Most importantly i love the fact that to stem the waiting i have to drive proficiently and efficiently. And that, for me, makes the game much more enjoyable.

Oh, and the game is damn good looking.

Fin.

6. #1786 Connector, Feb 19, 2013
    Yeah, after I posted my driving games folder in that post to show that I had finally got RR3, got some pms asking which ones were good. I don't want to hijack this thread, so please everyone don't respond to this post, but will make some quick recommendations for you and the people that pm'd me.

For more conventional racing, RR 2, NFS Most Wanted, and Asphalt 7 are very good. NFS Shift is pretty close especially on a 99 cent EA sale.

As for more recreational driving games, Catch the Ark is one of my most favorite hdmi tv games right now. It is great fun, although a little inapp structured. Repulze is wonderful if you like Wipeout style games. Tabletop racing is great! Didn't play Reckless Racing 2 too much until I got hdmi tv, but man that game rocka with a big screen. And also Crazy Taxi is just wonderful, a great humourous driving type game.

But all of the games on that screenshot of my driving games I would recommend. If anyone has any questions about any, please put them in my hdmi thread in the general section cause I don't want to hijack this thread. But yeah Mr. Elite, I would recommend Catch the ark highly, but maybe watch to see if it goes free soon, cause many of Chillingo's games with an inapp structure after one month go free. It's getting close to that mark, but if not, buy it for sure, it is a blast, especially on hdmi tv! Attached screenshot. :)

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=173262

Attached Files:

7. PedroCst

PedroCst Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Portugal
    The framerate on the iPhone 4 is constantly lagging, and I've heard people with great performance on the phone.
    What can I do? :c

8. xkiller006x

xkiller006x Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    So i have heard of turning off wifi so that you are not racing against TSM players. I had my iphone in airplane mode but still looked like it was real players. Also it looks like im even getting extremely hard times on suzuka for autocross. Is this happening to others. I win 9/10 races in cup and other events but seconds off the pace in autocross.

9. Buy an iphone 5? Just kidding, I have an iphone 4 too so I feel your pain. It's just getting to a point that some developers are making games that exclude the iphone 4. If I was iphone only, I would be so sad.

10. Yeah, how can you tell if it is bots or real players? Still haven't figured that out. Thanks.

11. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    On the picture of your car, there are four gauges at the bottom for upgrades. The first one is obviously top speed, the second one is acceleration (I am assuming it is how many seconds it takes to get to top speed or a certain speed). What is the third one? The fourth one is something to do with brakes - but don't understand the g there nor what that one is really indicating. Can anyone help this guy who has very little real life driving experience what those last two gauges are all about? Thanks.

And what does braking assist really do? I turned it off but maybe I shouldn't have done so... I drift too much on some corners (but thanks to the help above, I now realize I should be holding down the brake for a moment not just quickly tapping it).

12. PedroCst

PedroCst Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2012
    Portugal
    Really kidding. No way I'm going to get a new iDevice before my current one gets discontinued :p
    Saving for an iDevice on FAS and on 430k credits already. Who knows...

13. Oh, that discontinued word is so painful to my iphone 4 ears, hehe. Hopefully that day will never come. I love my iphone 4 to death even though I rarely play games on it anymore due to all the requirements for better cpus and the fact that it is only 8 gb, would love to load on RR3 to see how it runs on it, but you know how it is, disk space blues, even with my 64gb new ipad.

Use my iphone 4 more now for reading Toucharcade when I am not on wifi, so lots of coming here, news, sports, and an occasional game once in a while. Don't recall if this is widescreen compatible, but if so, it must look pretty good on an iphone 5. But you are right, let's wait awhile to upgrade, our iphone 4 are not quite extinct yet. :D

14. Yeah, I have the same questions too. I tried as Sanuku mentioned to gain speed, to turn off all the assists, and found myself spinning out all the time, so turned them all back on again. But I remember reading in this thread a while back, that it was only recommended to turn one assist off, but maybe someone can let us know. Thanks.

15. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    #1795 volcanopele, Feb 19, 2013
    Just when I thought I was out, notification spam has returned:

Attached Files:

16. FilipAGuy

FilipAGuy Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2012
    Just one word: Southbank

Attached Files:

17. Boy that is making me scared to add friends to play tsm. Hmmm... There is no way I suppose to filter it huh? Turning off notifications will completely turn everything off right? Guess if I start doing TSM, will have to turn off my notifications, too bad cause I didn't mind the wait timer notfications even though I wonder if it drains your battery and what RR3 is really doing in the background. How are they changing all this stuff like notifications and wait timers remotely? It must be communicating to EA even in the background, hopefully they aren't collecting data from all of us too.

18. xkiller006x

xkiller006x Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2009
    I would recommend turning off everything but traction control. You also have to make sure to use Control set B that allows manual brake and gas as this will allow you to "roll" through the corner without either gas or brake applied which is extremely helpful for certain corner like Indy(oval) i dont even brake just lift!
    Also i turned up my steering sensitivity on the tilt so i can make much smaller movements without turning my whole device sideways.

19. #1799 Connector, Feb 19, 2013
    Thank you for helping us newbies out. Will try that. Appreciate it. :)

Attached first picture from my new ipad (3). Pretty game.

Attached Files:

20. volcanopele

volcanopele Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 27, 2011
    Planetary Geologist
    AZ, US
    Narrow track+starting in the back of the pack=lots of repairs (that and I now suspect that the Dodge Challenger R/T and Ford Shelby GT500 are damage magnets)