Universal The Walking Dead (+ 400 Days DLC) by Telltale Games

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by killercow, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    Haha, it's all good bro! I still love telltale, just got disappointed with their responses. I am a loyal customer and will be for a while. I paid $25 and expected to see iCloud support. Because I traded my iPad 3 for the iPad 4, I had to start from scratch. I guess I won't be playing EP4 for a while then, oh well....:(:eek:
    Allah Hafiz:)

2. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Oh yeah, that's definitely annoying. Reminds me of when episode 3 came out on PC while I just finished episode 2 on iOS. I had an itch to play more since I was so into it (and since I had it on PC, hey, why not?), but considering I'd have to skip over the first two episodes on PC and have them both generate random outcomes, I just couldn't be assed and waited for episode 3 to come out on iOS. :p

3. Tommy141

Tommy141 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    I just finished episode 4, and I have to say I agree with all of the reviews. The Walking Dead is an amazing game, but this is one of the worse episodes, and definitely feels like it only sets you up for the finale.
    If telltale wants to make the fifth episode the best by far, it needs to make
    the bite and finding clementine
    the main topics of the episode. Episode 4 got a worse review as it didn't make the
    voice on the radio
    that significant. However they make episode 5, I hope it comes sooner rather than later!

4. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Eh, so iCloud and widescreen would be nice. But in my case, I don't need iCloud (use iFunbox to backup if necessary), don't need widescreen on my iPad and the awful optimization they are known for is totally migitated by having the latest generation chipset (which should not be needed for smooth performance, though).

My experience with Walking Dead, aside from brief download issues with only episode 2, has been nothing sort of fantastic and I would do it over again in a heartbeat.

5. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    I apologise in advance for questions that have been probably been answered but

A) Hows it run on ipad (first gen)
    B) hows it run on iphone 5?
    C) Is it worth it to get season pass or individual episodes (or does it work out to cost the same?
    D) How many episodes are there total (and are there more coming? if so how many?)

Thanks for your indulgence :p

6. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    -doesn't run at all on iPad 1

-should run fine on the iPhone 5, runs extremely well on my iPad 4 which has the same generation chip

-yes get the season pass, there are 5 episodes total with 4 already out. Pay $5 individually ($25) or $15 for a season pass.

7. Xexist

Xexist Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Canada
    #467 Xexist, Nov 10, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
    Er. $5 for the game, + $5x4 or $15 (so basically $25 or $20?)

oh and also. If I want it on multiple devices can I just 'restore purchase' or whatever on the second device after I purchased it on the first?

8. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Sorry little government math there :p

Yes the total ends up being $20, still $5 less than paying individually.

Yes there is a restore option.

9. Wediafom24

Wediafom24 Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Student
    Asmara, Eritrea
    I was actually talking about optimization for the iphone 5. Why are teltale slackin off while small budget deves are updating their apps for the iphone 5:confused: Even when they are asked if they had plans for an update, they were arrogant and off putting. I am already on episode 2 and no begie!

10. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    People are saying the season pass is glitchy,I haven't bought it I'm sticking with purchasing episodes as they come,which total will be around $25 if your uncomfortable with that price it'll be on disc in December after episode 5,or you can download them from XBLA,PSN,or steam

11. pat3ck

pat3ck Active Member

I just finished Episode 4 in two and a half hours. I got to agree that it's probably not the better episode of the series. All I can say is, I can't wait for the final episode. Hope it comes out sooner rather than later. :)

12. KookiWooki

KookiWooki Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    I played this game for the first time last night. I was only supposed to play it for 20 minutes but a whole hour had passed before I realised it. :D

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Updated with a 17+ rating. Honestly this should've been rated that from for the start, but better late than never. Probably changed due to the sexual themes in episode 4 (which were extremely mild; doubt any kids would've caught it).

Downloading now, hoping for those shadow effects on my iPad 4 finally.

14. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Damn, no realtime shadows. Get your act together telltale!

Running just as smooth, though, no loss of data. Guess that's good.

15. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Just announced - episode 5, the season finale hits next week on all platforms including iOS.

16. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    A. It doesn't.
    B. Smooth as butter. A constant 60FPS (might even break the cap, though I suspect the screen's refresh rate is 60hz). Very little stutter between scenes.
    C. The season pass will save you $5.
    D. 5. One more left.

17. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Oh. My. Gawd.

[​IMG]

18. Raptor25

Raptor25 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    #478 Raptor25, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
    I don't suppose there are any improvements in how it runs on the iPad 3 from episode 1 to the others? I found the stuttering when it switches camera shots with action going on a bit annoying. I'm debating switching to console or pc for the rest.

19. Shadowking2214

Shadowking2214 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2012
    None
    It's improved a lot since then,used to play on an iPod 4 I play on 5 and they run way better,methinks you'll have a good performance on the iPad 3

20. Koalachlamydia77

Koalachlamydia77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Will they ever update this with 4" support?