Just a comment on mobile gaming

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Montanx, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    I know mobile gaming is popular but before getting my iPhone last year I never realized just how great it was. I'm many games in on my 4s and I'll say this right now, there's NO better fun/cost hobby or gaming experience than mobile.

To pay a dollar or even 5 for any more than a few hrs of fun is a steal. Movies cost 15 bucks an give 2 hrs of fun. Console games give usually 12-20 hrs of fun or 30-50 if it's a good rpg for 60 bucks. Iv gotten dozens of hours of fun from iPhone games and I'm virtually immune to boredom now since I can always play something. long line at DMV? No problem. Waiting for lagging gf? No prob.

People really don't fully realize the amazing quality of some of these games that are pennies compared to console games. Here's to mobile gaming an the continued growth of prob the cheapest hobby there is for the most fun!

2. Kira Yu

Kira Yu Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you.
    Although it's just a tiny device, it can bring lots of fun to us wherever or whenever we are.
    Really awesome!!

3. skeletonlord

skeletonlord Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2012
    United Kingdom
    Mobile gaming is getting better year after year. New technology is coming, 3D experiences, all on a iDevice. I think mobile gaming, if it's on a laptop, or on an iPod, all gaming is unique.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I'm still loving it so much.

Over the years i've had some great gaming moments, 8 bit computers arriving in the 80's, then the rise of the PC and consoles in the early 90's plus the original Gameboy. The internet in the early-mid 90's. Then i used to love my Pocket PC in the early 00's (Bit like an early iOS device).

I did knock iOS gaming when i first saw it, no physical buttons, games looked basic but DAMN i was so wrong.

Got totally hooked just over a year ago and have so many apps now, its an incredible device, a huge range of games, SOOOO cheap (even the 4.99 ones are amazing value), love it.

5. violentv

violentv Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2010
    #5 violentv, Jul 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2012
    I agree with you that mobile gaming is cheap and fun... but is there a need to glorify it by playing down/dismissing other forms of entertainment ? There is no point in comparing fun/cost ratios ...in general, the quality of 'fun' scales steeply and exponentially with the cost.

In fact, when your gaming time is restricted by social responsibilities and work..most people would want to maximize the quality of fun/time ratio no ? >.> I do understand that some people are so busy that they are only able to sneak in bite size amounts of gaming time and have hence stuck to/become accustomed to mobile gaming.

6. Marco1

Marco1 Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Well said, couldn't agree more.
    My iPhone and iPad are the reason why my xbox360 sits unused for months now.
    Microsoft will have to pull off something amazing to make me purchase the nextbox.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I think thats why iOS gaming is ideal, in my single bachelor days i could have easily hooked up a games console and played for a few hours on it. Now being married (and with a baby) iOS gaming is brilliant as i can have a quick go here and there and come back to it if i'm free (Or the wifes watching some dross on TV) etc.

And again the price of apps is just incredible, so depressing hearing people moan when their 69p game only has 20 levels not 400 etc

8. helgaqzd

helgaqzd New Member

Jul 23, 2012
    I think mobile gaming

9. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Agreed. Mobile gaming is so fun! Especially multiplayers give you hours of fun and like Mc3, hundreds of hours :)

10. shero89

shero89 Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2012
    Well Mobile gaming is a growing platform and definitely changed the gaming industry, I read somewhere that it is now the fastest growing gaming platform but still many people prefer quality over quantity they are willing to pay 60 dollars for a game rather than one dollar for a game especially when it comes down to games available on both Mobile and consoles for me I will take the console version instead of the watered down version