Making apps using adobe flash

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by MexicanJesus, Jan 2, 2010.

1. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    I was reading that iPhone apps could be made with adobe flash. I was wondering if any devs here have used this method for app creation, and could provide some feedback using this method? I have a little flash experience, and taken a semester of Java and a semester of Visual Basic. Aside from that all my classes have been in web design / development. I am currently considering finishing my associates of applied science in the webdesign field ( and then a bacheloers for software eng) and was wondering if taking flash as an elective would provide enough knowledge to create iPhone apps. I don't expect to be making the next NOVA or Madden, but more along the lines of apps like calculators, appointment books, data manipulation/organization, and maybe easy games (word/number games, touch-to-shoot, ect.)

I'm not planning to become a full time major app developer, but being able to create some nice free games I think would be fun, and good practice. Thankyou in advance for any feedback.

2. bravetarget

bravetarget Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    I was under the impression only in version CS5 you could do so. Which is still in closed beta, right?

3. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Oh my bad, I didn't catch that part. I just checked on it on the official website and you're correct. I suppose there is no one who could really give an answer to this thread... Yet. Perhaps I will need to look into app dev using the sdk.

Looking at the sdk screen shots, it looks similar to Visual Studio. Perhaps I will download it and give it a try. Does anyone have good tutorials they can recomend?

4. blue ox

blue ox Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008