[SNEAK PREVIEW] smackBOTS game trailer

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by khangtoh, May 31, 2009.

1. khangtoh

khangtoh Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Co-Founder/IPhone Dev @ LeftRight Studios
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Hey guys

Our first game title for the IPhone is in Apple's hand for review since last week, we should be seeing smackBOTS in the appstore sometime this week with an introductory price of $0.99. We will love to hear any feedback and suggestions, good or bad. Throw anything at us. We just want to make a great game!

Without further ado, here's our spill on our first game: smackBOTS

LeftRight Studios introduces to you our first title for the IPhone and IPod Touch. smackBOTS is an action-packed game with an intriguing story line where robots battle each other in an arcade style setting. smackBOTS promises fun and excitement with thumb smashing speed, special combo moves, complemented with excellent graphics and audio. Gamers who have played smackBOTS felt like they were playing Rock'em Sock'em in the new millennium; filled with action-packed sequences like Streetfighter.

In our first release, you will battle 6 levels with other robots in a single player mode. Additional robot heads and colors will come unlocked as you advance after each level. Multi-player mode will be available in our next release.

Features:
    - Single player mode with 6 levels; battle against computer with a single player story line.

- Customize your robot with different color and head attachment options.

- Learn secret combo moves.

- When the battle gets tough, hit the berserk button and your quick smashing robot arms will crash your opponent. Or protect yourself from your opponent's berserk moves.

- Unlock additional robot head and color options as you advance each level.

- Two levels of difficulty. If you think you've seen it all, try "I'VE GOT CRAZY THUMB SPEED!" and take up the challenge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I remember playing that old game like this where the robots head would pop up. Hope this is as good.

3. khangtoh

May 31, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    #3 khangtoh, May 31, 2009
    Last edited: May 31, 2009
  4. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Wow,

Great job on the artwork. The designs look really nice, and from the video, I can tell this will be a wonderfully intense game. Again, great job! Will be looking for this one soon.

5. rmont

rmont Active Member

May 30, 2009
    Looks good, I like the old table top game. I hope you get approved soon.

6. khangtoh

May 31, 2009
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks! We're really excited to see this in the AppStore soon too.

Just an update to everyone whose on the thread, we just got an email from Apple requesting a minor tweak to one of our menus, so I hope that's indication that once we resubmit with that tweak, we should see smackBOTS available in the AppStore!