Testing our Analytics Platform

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by PlaytomicBrian, Nov 16, 2011.

1. PlaytomicBrian

PlaytomicBrian New Member

Nov 16, 2011
    #1 PlaytomicBrian, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
    Hi All,

We recently launched an updated version of our iOS API for casual games analytics at Playtomic. We would love for you to test it out, and give us feedback on how the implementation process goes, and if there are any places we could improve it to better address your game development needs.

We are really excited about some new features including our heatmaps, that let you see where people are exploring, dying, whether they're finding secret areas or special items. We are adding new features all the time, so your feedback and comments are always appreciated.

http://www.playtomic.com/api/ios

We also have experimental versions of our Android and C++ APIs that we'd love to get some testers working with.

Brian

2. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

#2 MrLeQuack, Nov 16, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
    This looks great i'll give it a try!
    P.S:I have been looking for a service that allows you to post your own news in your app(openfeint allows you to do that), do you support such feature?

3. beno

beno Member

May 13, 2011
    We have a feature called GameVars that can be used for pretty much anything. In the dashboard you set up whatever ones you want, each can hold several megabytes of data, and then in your game you load that in - they're great for tweaking balancing but they can be used for anything.

The process basically works by:

myvar = "default value in case there's no connection"
    load in the game vars
    if the request succeeded set myvar = "the newest value"

4. MrLeQuack

MrLeQuack Well-Known Member

Yeah I just finished reading the documentation, and found GameVars!
    I also implemented it in my upcoming game, it took under a minute which is great, and data started appearing right away in the dashboard!
    You have an awesome service! I will use it for sure!
    New users are updated in real time right?Meaning i don't have to wait a day or so to see new data, i hate waiting:)

5. beno

beno Member

May 13, 2011
    Yeah usually it takes just seconds for data to come through and show up in reports.

6. BravadoWaffle

BravadoWaffle Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    Game Designer
    Oh wow, this is pretty neat! I think we'll be adopting this in our future projects!

What kind of premium services are you thinking of offering?

7. beno

beno Member

May 13, 2011
    We've got two flavors of premium stuff coming. One is aimed at indie developers, it's a bunch of new features and enhancements that's applied to their entire account at a small monthly or annual subscription.

The other is for the bigger, serious guys. It's some majorly cool stuff - events that are not aggregated (aka stored/crunched in the same format you send), you can attach any data you want to them and then tear them up with a report builder to find really detailed stuff .... and if you have guys on staff to look at numbers and the hardware you can get a dump of your data and run however complex an analysis against it you want.

[​IMG]