iPad Chaos Rings II - (by Square Enix)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Echoseven, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

Around 32 GB. According to iTunes the Game does take 946.2 on my iDevice (HD Version) so the SD Version might be even bigger.

2. GoofyJmaster.

GoofyJmaster. Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    College Student
    Ohio, USA
    Thanks!

I think I'm going to try to beat a couple big games today.

3. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    First time I resist to watch Sanuku's video! :)
    But the Chaos Rings games gave me some of the best, most intense iOS hours. I love the two prior games. Fantastic stories, full of emotion. I'm deeply in love with that series and prefer it over the old FF ports at any day. I'm counting down the hours.

4. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Shit same here! Hahaha!

When I saw the scene with the dev logos I closed the video! LOL

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Hope this doesn't turn out to be another reskin like Omega was. Looking forward to it for now. The new features sound really nice. Lol, they're doing that level cap updating again..glad there are only two of them this time instead of..ten?! Sweet icon and visuals.

6. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    #46 your personal robot, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
    Omega might look like the original. But story-wise it was totally engaging and extremely rewarding.

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I have the game, lol. Yeah, the story is different, but otherwise, I haven't found any other differences. Either way, CRII sounds like it's definitely a much bigger upgrade from the original game. Looks like SE is continuing to push the price point of iOS games xP.

8. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Uh, I thought that the story of Omega was mediocre at best - a big let-down after the original, and actually contradicted the crucial premises from the original, without which the whole story falls apart. I.e. that the Arc could only sustain 2 human beings. Not to mention spoils the whole mystery of CR for those who decide to play Omega (as a prequel), before CR.

Omega does combat difficulty and balance a bit better than the original, though. I had to use tactics and items even during random encounters, occasionally, and it wasn't so easy to overlevel for the boss battles.

I am a bit disappointed that CR2 still only has a 2-character limit. I was hoping that they'd go for 3, to make combat more entertaining.

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Come on @#$!... Hours are moving too slow!

10. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

#50 Oliver, Mar 14, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2012
    I will correct you ;). You can access files from different apps if you are the same dev. Several apps do this, like iA Writer is a text editor for Mac and a universal iOS app and the two apps share the same file space. Also Real Racing will get iCloud support and share the game progress between iOS and Mac.

So, yes, even non universal iOS-apps can use the same documents via iCloud. And i do expect this. Especially when a new universal app comes out. It have been nine months now since devs can use iCloud and five months since everyone can use it. Should be enough time to consider iCloud when releasing a new app, especially a universal one.

11. DarthSlim

DarthSlim Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Holy crap, I wouldn't pay that much for an iOS game if I didn't love the first two in the series so much. I sure hope it's worth it! So far it looks awesome though.

12. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    For this, I applaud Square-Enix. For the lazy, overpriced ports, of which I have never purchased a single one, I do not. ThE first Chaos Rings had potential. I found the environments to be a little drab and the story to somewhat lackluster. It couldn't hold my attention, but I felt that there was definitely a foundation in which to draw upon. I'll give another go though. Why not?

13. Dubstep

Dubstep Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    Don't buy this game

14. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    Why? You have no reason, and all that's intimidating anyone is the price. Frankly, I think YOU should buy it, and see why you should eat your words.

15. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Thanks for that, I will surely blindly follow your advice.

16. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Dude, stfu.

17. adamphetamine

adamphetamine Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2011
    Programmer/3D Modeling
    Bethlehem, Pa
    great rpg

since i liked the first two games, i picked this up as well. the price of the game is well worth it if the game is equal to the price, and so far this game is and then some. the graphics are greatly improved, the story is awesome as ever(I'm only 2 hours in), the spells are great, and new skills rock as well. i like the new characters and voice acting is pretty good(i use japanese). all in all this game is worth the price being asked, it is high quality visuals, great gameplay, fantastic story, and above all, fun. if you love or even just like rpgs, by all means pick this up asap. 5 stars for me even though i only played 2 hours.

18. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    2 hours in wtf it's not even on my appstore when i checked! I need to live in NZ!

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks for leaving your impressions.

To be honest, I expected this :) So i'm not surprised. I'm hoping and thinking this will be the best Chaos Rings and the best RPG on the ios. All the ingredients are certainly there.

I just got mine installed but I'm going to finish up Mass Effect Infiltrator (and delete) before I start on CR2. I need that 1 gb of space :( If I keep them both I only have 300 mb left on my ipod..

20. RazvanGNR

RazvanGNR Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    Downloading now!!!!!!