Universal Zombie Tsunami - (by Mobigame)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, May 31, 2012.

1. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    My stance on IAPs will probably never change (as I'm sure yours won't), but I'm really, really glad that it doesn't affect both my enjoyment and the general enjoyment of this game. Also, the game never even once tried to shove IAPs down my throat. Thank you for that, Mobigame.

I've never been the kind of guy to put hours into an endless runner, but I could very well see myself doing that with this. I don't know what it is, but it's so (stupidly :p) fun and I'd honestly recommend it over nearly every single other runner out there right now.

2. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

I second that. I would even go so far to say that if you have enough Zombie Followers you might End up with having the Full Screen from Left to Right with them and at that Point you can`t Control those at any Point when to time the Jump or not.

Did anyone yet had more then 20+ Zombie Followers? I really would like to hear some Feedback on that topic since the more I think about the current camera angle the more I believe that it is to close to the Action set.

@Mobigame

Any Feedback on that Topic? Did you Folks could show us some different current camera angle Settings?!

I guess the best would be if the Angle would zoom out/zoom in with the among of Zombie Followers while the current static angle seem to doesn`t do it purpose if you have a huge among of Zombie Followers.

3. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    How can anyone resist that game icon!!
    It's one of the funniest I've seen in awhile!!!
    Been waiting for this game warts and all:)

4. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    #24 Gabrien, May 31, 2012
    Last edited: May 31, 2012
    While I will never "accept" IAP, not even as a necessary evil, I am capable of sorting the lesser evils from the greater, and this game falls very much into the "lesser" category. The key thing though, is that the core gameplay is so fun I'm more than content to just play it for playing's sake. Whatever I unlock is a bonus, not the driving reason for playing. I want to add I was pleasantly reassured when I discovered that upgrades once unlocked were permanent, which adds a sense of progression instead of a sense of someone attempting to slip a hand into your back pocket.

Regarding the camera and having less chance to react to upcoming platforms the bigger your posse gets, I got the sense that this was very much intentional and can't say I mind it. This doesn't strike me as a game intended for prolonged runs.

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    #25 metalcasket, May 31, 2012
    Yeah, I think the camera's fine...and much like how you have to slow down once a while in Canabalt (by deliberately tripping), you need to ditch a few zombies every now and then to be able to maintain control.

EDIT: Oh, the "leap of faith" issue I had earlier? No longer an issue. It's quite obviously intentional.

6. panama chief

panama chief Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    am i hearing mario coins in that video?:p the gameplay looks like a more fulfilling Grim Joggers(not a bad thing). that music is quirky enough for me to consider a buy.

7. Mobigame

Mobigame Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Mar 29, 2009
    #27 Mobigame, May 31, 2012
    for the bug report, please drop me an email (david at mobigame dot net).

The lights are red only when a mission requires them. There is one mission where you have to light them up, and a different one where you have to avoid them.

Ahah you are inspecting the files, I hope we did not forgot something embarassing. For the intro I cannot comment this yet.

edit: I will step back to let you comment the game, we are excited to know what you think and how we can improve it. I prefer not to interfer, and I have a lot of work with the release. But I'll back soon or later to answer your questions if any. Thanks for playing!

8. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#28 Sanuku, May 31, 2012
    Camera Angle:

How it`s current:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

How it could be:

[​IMG]

As you all can see in the last Picture you have plenty of Room between the right Edge and the Zombie Horde while with the current Camera Angle (Build 1.0.0) you often have no Time to plan your next Steps if if have more then 15+ Zombie Follower and most of them die during your Run just because of that Reason.

Same as oooooomonkey I really would prefer if Mobigame would add a Second Camera Angle to the Game so I could at least choose between the current One and a similar to the last Picture.

It`s fine. Take the Time you Folks need to fix those last few Glitches that are still in the Game because otherwise I really like the Game as I had already said it before and for sure will raise my Rating as soon as the Intro Trailer will find it`s Way where it should have been from the Beginning...

About the Intro:

Since the Folder is itself there but empty my first guess would be that it wasn`t added to the current Build to keep the Filesize below 50 MB or that you are probably using the Trailer for some exclusive Promotion and might add it later to the Game...

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    That last screen shot would be a much better camera angle. Let's hope something can be done in a future update. :)

10. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    I have to say, though I had no issue with the camera on an iPhone, on the iPad it really does look too much zoomed in. On an unrelated note, a game like this really should have iCloud support as starting from scratch on another device after you already made good progress is rather deflating.

11. Ben!

Ben! Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2009
    Chicago, IL
    #31 Ben!, May 31, 2012
    This is great. Very similar to Jetpack Joyride or Off the Leash, but the art style is terrific and I really find core mechanic fun (part of that may be because there's no lengthy starting area that's far too easy and feels like a chore to go through each time).

Re: the lack of "story plot", uh, nobody cares. Those are shoehorned into games like this because people complain if they're missing, but an endless runner doesn't need a story. It's a game where you run from left to right forever. That's it.

I'd love iCloud support too. As it stands, I won't be playing this game on my iPad at all even though I'd really like to.

12. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    This is a super fun game, but how do you flip over cars and busses?

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You know how there's a number right next to vehicles? You need to turn enough people into zombies and then just run into the vehicles. :p

14. dragon4ever

dragon4ever Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2009
    Cool. Thanks!!!!

15. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    #35 Exact-Psience, May 31, 2012
    This.
    Game.
    Is.
    AWESOME!

FUN is written all over it. From the graphic style to the wacky sound effects, to the concept of the game and it's execution.

The upgrade system and the gameplay has no doubt been well planned. Whenever I play the game, it makes me smile, and at the same time, quenches the runner thirst in me pretty well.

Anyone familiar with the game Temple Worms? Zombie Carnaval is Temple Worms that levelled up to 99.

Thanks to Metalcasket for recommending the game as i was never gonna click on it thinking it was zombie carnIval, which was ugh and meh at the same time.

EDIT: As of this writing i was only able to play 4 times, but each time is a fun run and each one is begging me to post these impressions. :D

16. Sri Ram

Sri Ram Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Sold! :D

17. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Wow...flipping amazing game. I didn't think Jetpack or Mega Run could be topped but I think Zombie Carnaval does just that.

18. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Where's that buy button:)

19. bigrand1

bigrand1 Well-Known Member

Apr 23, 2010
    Geriatric Party Animal
    California, USA
    #39 bigrand1, May 31, 2012
    UH, perhaps you meant 'carnival'?

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Zombie CarnAval is the great runner game we are talking about here.

NOT Zombie CarnIval. I thought at first it was a typo and avoided it, but Metalcasket enlightened me.