Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-25-2013, 11:21 PM

Wow, I didn't expect such glowing feedback here. I did have fun with the game, and while I definitely appreciate the novel attempt at touch-friendly controls, I had WAY too many issues with controls to call it a great success.

Also, the difficulty curve is kind of ridiculous. You can get through the first three worlds by randomly tapping, because there's no obstacles or anything. Then when you hit world four, suddenly the enemies start fighting back, and the game hasn't bothered teaching you the intricacies of how wall clinging and air dashing work, and when you do and don't have projectile invincibility.

But yeah, once you get the kinks worked out, it's a pretty fun game. The level design is rather mediocre, but the boss design is fantastic. I'm not sure if I'm more or less satisfied by the fact that I beat the game before being able to afford a single item though.

3/5 game for me right now, but with the foundation for a 4.5/5 with a few tweaks
Old 06-21-2013, 01:53 PM

Great retro game with new touch screen controls. Stick through the learning curve and you'll find a really fun experience for the old school lover. Bring on the sequel!
Old 06-25-2013, 12:38 PM

This game just got an amazing update. Three new players, each with unique design and play style, are available for purchase.

I recently beat this game and bought the IAP gear as a show of support for the developer.

Then this comes out and it was a no brainer. If you love Ninja Striker, get these additions! Support!
Old 08-14-2013, 11:27 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Been playing this all today. I totally am in love with this game. I don't know why I didn't like it before. Maybe I just locked in the license and didn't even try it. Whatever the are this has a good difficulty curve. I'm at world 6 now. The bosses and level designs remind me of classic Megaman which is a good thing. I like that you have to figure out the controls, enemy patterns, and the boss battles. Building tactics to win has been great. Goin back to fine tune a run for a highscore is similar to what drives me to keep playing Mikey Shorts/Hooks, except here its not about speed running as much as building up a multiplier while moving through each level towards the end.

I feel bad this has gotten so ignored. This has totally robbed my attention from Mikey Hooks and my purchases yesterday of Delta-V Racing and League of Evil 3. Way to go.

If you passed on this. Take it from a serious core ios gamer, this is very good. It's currently free so nothing to lose. Despite not liking rogue likes, I'm going to buy their other game tomorrow after I grab an iTunes card.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:38 AM
iPhone 3GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegACy99 View Post
This is an unbelievably amazing game.
Granted, the presentation could use a lot more work, but man, it's so fun dashing around slashing through enemies in this game.

More people should really try this game out (especially those that keep crying about IAPs)
I'm really surprised that this game didn't get more attention, the game is simply amazing.

One of my faves this year for sure.
Old 08-22-2013, 07:55 AM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by proof21 View Post
I'm really surprised that this game didn't get more attention
Don't underestimate the negative impact of releasing as a non-universal app. Even though they eventually went universal, there is not nearly as much visibility for an update as there is for a new app. Many people likely passed at release due to lack of native iPad support and never looked at the app again.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:31 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Just wanted to come back and post that I did end up buying Rogue Ninja as a thanks for Ninja Striker! going free. I'm still digging into Ninja Striker and have 3 of the 4 ninjas unlocked without spending a penny on IAP. The trick is to grind on level 6-2 since you get a multiplier for coins based on what world you are on. It took me about 30 min or so to get the 100K coins for the third ninja doing this. All of these ninja's change the game quite a bit. The third one uses a rope and hook while the second uses a smoke bomb teleport. Each change some of the approach to how each boss and level is attacked. I love this little game. Great job whomever made this.