Need For Speed Rivals (by EA)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by barracuda97, Aug 23, 2013.

1. barracuda97

barracuda97 Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Does anyone have an idea will ea make an iOS/android version of the new hit NFS Rivals? :D

2. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    It probably all depends on how the console version does. The Run was cancelled for ios because the console versions didn't do that well.

3. Wikilix

Wikilix Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    OC, MD
    I'm pretty sure need for speed is a dying brand, also this should not be in the upcoming game section.

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #4 psj3809, Aug 23, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
    Please dont post questions like this in upcoming as people will think theres an proper game coming out when its just someone asking. If i created a Half-Life thread in upcoming people would think WOW its coming to iOS when i might just then say 'do you think it will ever come to iOS' ! Unfair !

5. Lerisbo1192

Lerisbo1192 Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2012
    hueco mundo
    i don't think the upcoming section is the right place to open a thread just to ask that kind of question. what i mean is its getting people hyped up for nothing. And no there's currently no plan on doing any nfs rivals on ios!!

6. barracuda97

Aug 7, 2013
    fair enough, just asked though, tnx for your replies anyway I'll close this thread :)

7. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    Only a mod can close a thread ;)

8. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Just a further reply.
    Although no info has officially been released, you can take it as a done deal that one is in development and likely around Nov/Dec release with teaser info around Sept/Oct.
    Now bear in mind no official info is forthcoming as yet so a lot can change between now and then.

9. barracuda97

Aug 7, 2013
    I get you Rip73 like the same with NFSMW, thanks, and I apologize to all of you I didn't know where should I put the question that everyone can see it. Tnx for your replies, and again my deepest apology to you all, especially to the mod

10. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    No problem.
    Your apologies are well accepted by the way.
    Its a simple enough mistake and you did only join this month so these things happen.
    Nothing to worry about, you're apology and understanding of the mistake is very much appreciated.

11. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    I've been digging for iOS related info ever since announcement of Rivals.

But when/if announcement happens there is a big chance it will be F2P

12. squashy

squashy Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    In that case I'll have to make do with Most Wanted (which I've already unlocked just about everything) or Asphalt (don't like how over-the-top it is, but not another RR3 thank you).

13. barracuda97

Aug 7, 2013
    thank you for your comments and your info, I'm very grateful to you man. the thing is that I have a theory like every publisher brings to us a new game every month. example gameloft: june: gangstar vegas, july: nfl pro, august: A8. ea has set up a release date for FIFA 14 in september, so I was looking forward for nfs rivals in oct/nov, and I'm a big nfs fan. I've read that the game will feature cross-platform multiplayer, and I didn't know if that was a hint that there just might be a ios/android release of the game

14. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2012
    #14 sicksilvo, Aug 28, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2013
    No problem :) I am with you and Rip on this one, I believe we will get new NFS game eventually this year.
    NFS:Rivals is confirmed to have second screen experience iOS app, that much we know. Announced at Gamescom Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare will use XBOX Smartglass.
    Current EA upcoming games for iOS Fifa 14 (September 27th), Dungeon Keeper & Heroes of Dragon Age. Peggle 2 wasn't announced for iOS but I believe it will come, same goes for NBA Live even though that franchise had many problems last couple years.

To me Most Wanted hit that nice line between simulation & arcade - I love it.
    2K Drive looks interesting , but it's in my opinion direct competitor to RR3 with it's own little twist.
    Timers have no place in any game, they don't benefit to player or bring additional immersion to game.

15. barracuda97

Aug 7, 2013
    Thank you man, thanks to you to rip, I'm very glad to see more nfs fans. I was emailing ea this morning, and I'll get the message til the end of the day, and I'll be glad to share with you guys as soon as I get the reply. :D

16. barracuda97

Aug 7, 2013
    #16 barracuda97, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
    Here some info
    EA has promised that the new NFS will feature cross platform multiplayer gameplay, but not the kind you’re used to. Instead, people with iOS and Android tablets will only be able to affect the game that’s going on. This means they can call in support to help the cops who are chasing a player. Basically, you’re a whistleblower on a tablet who calls for air support via helicopter.

NFS Rivals is still focused on traditional multiplayer, so you needn’t worry about that. Sadly, the open world nature of the game leaves little room for it to arrive in full form on Android and iOS. NFS Most Wanted was an excellent translation from console and PC to the tablet and smartphone and I hope that at least part of the Rivals experience will reach our mobile devices.

:D

17. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Interesting. Not true multiplayer, but new idea are always welcome.

The way they put it, Rivals will probably be similar to Most Wanted: linear tracks with one shortcuts or two. Oh well, same old mobile treatment.

Nothing regarding price. Please, stick to the $7 tag.

18. barracuda97

Aug 7, 2013
    Everything you said is true but there are many fans like me who were waiting for Ferraris return, and will pay the price for the game. Most Wanted was awesome on mobile devices, can't wait for this one :)

19. squashy

Jan 21, 2013
    *burp*
    The Garden of Sinners
    Oh yeah, when playing MW together my cousins and I also wondered how Ferraris were absent yet a girlish Lexus was available :p can't wait, can't wait!

20. Rip73

Rip73 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    The problem there is that Microsoft owns the licensing for Ferrari in platform games and EA owns the Porsche licence.
    And they had a bit of a spat at one stage where nobody wanted to share:)
    Can't see it changing anytime soon.