Support our Sponsors:

Old 10-18-2014, 10:17 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

The bosses all have their patterns and strategies, so you should pay close attention to what they are doing. I wish you good luck.
Old 10-18-2014, 11:30 AM

I've been playing another game pretty hardcore lately as I'm the leader of the top alliance on the game there but I'm going to make time for this, this weekend! Just downloaded it
Old 10-18-2014, 03:18 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

It's a great concept. When will it release?
Old 10-18-2014, 04:06 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

@smt
Thank you. I'm not entirely sure about the best release window. As christmas time approaches, it might be smarter to release it in January, especially for a small developer like me. Makes me kinda sad, but in the end I'll have to do what's best for the game and a rushed release could destroy what I've been working on for over a year.

EDIT: Changed my response 'slightly' (entirely).

Last edited by Rebusmind; 10-19-2014 at 06:23 AM..
Old 10-28-2014, 11:00 AM

This is looking all too solid!
Old 10-28-2014, 02:30 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

The beta is officially over and I've started implementing some of the excellent suggestions I got. Before I show you a few, here is a little Achievement Unlocked effect I've been working on.

Okay, on to the beta. One complaint I often got over the course of the development is that you can't tell the character to turn around and go the other direction (you can only choose a path when you reach a fork). I was a little afraid, that this might make the player too powerful and that the game would become super easy. But now that I've played it for over 20 hours, I think the difficulty lies (and should lie) elsewhere and not in the controls. To get to the point, you can now change directions whenever you stop your character, as you can see below.
Another thing that has been requested multiple times has been added: tapping instead of swiping to choose a direction. Now both works.

The next changes all affect the world map. You can now play the level you have completed before again to get some extra jewels or level your character up some more, should the next level be too difficult. Also bosses now have their own separate level, you don't have to fight them right after you have finished the level, which should lower the difficulty considerably.

Last, but not least there are now damage numbers when you fight. This might not seem necessary at first, but I think it's really nice to see how much damage you actually do, especially when you got a new weapon and want to see its effects. What do you think?

Old 10-28-2014, 03:55 PM

I like too see indications my character is getting stronger.

I feel the number appearing during the attack ,is a good way to show this.
Old 10-28-2014, 07:21 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Send a message via MSN to background Send a message via Yahoo to background Send a message via Skype™ to background

Really good update indeed.
Old 11-07-2014, 04:09 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

I'm sorry for the lack of updates, but I've been mostly fixing bugs, which is not that interesting to talk about.

What might be interesting, though, is that I've also been working on a new game mode called Arcade Mode, where you play to beat the highscore. Everything will give you points, collecting jewels, opening chests, defeating enemies, completing quests, and you also get a multiplier depending on the stage you're in. To make the experience more seamless, there will be only one big level that transformes into the different layouts. So there won't be a world map, caravan or anything like that, just getting more and more points and leveling up your character. It will be pretty intense.

I cannot show any new gifs, yet, as it's very rough right now, but expect something next week.
Old Today, 05:19 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

It's been a while, but I finally have something new to show.

I've been working on the Arcade Mode of SwapQuest really hard and though it's not finished yet, I wanted to share a preview video with you so get an idea what it's about. Hope you like it and feedback is welcome as always.

Click to view the video on Youtube