Universal Warbands: Bushido - miniatures boardgame classics on iOS & Steam.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by RedUnit, Apr 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedUnit

RedUnit Member

#1 RedUnit, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    [​IMG]

Description.

Our Warbands: Bushido - is no less than a classical turn-based miniatures board game with cards, miniatures, dices and dozens of beautiful terrains to fight on, aiming to bring the true tabletop wargame experience to the PC and mobile devices. Classical crossplatform multiplayer battles boardgamers are used to and beautiful single-player scenarios will be available on Steam, MacOS and iOS.

[​IMG]

Game has a isometric, tabletop-style look with miniature-style characters, pre-rendered battlefields and story-mode locations. There are more than 100 various paintable units and heroes planned for release and later additions. Story driven single-player was highly influenced by Final Fantasy Tactics and Valkyria Chronicles, with several different campaigns with its own characters and events. While multiplayer skirmish will let you test your skills in best traditions of tabletop wargame classics like Warmachine or Mordheim with a fast-paced Hearthstone-like gameplay.

Screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. RedUnit

RedUnit Member

Warbands:Bushido alpha gameplay trailer

Check out our new alpha gameplay video, with new effects, animations, GUI elements, some water shaders and environment animations.

3. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Unfortunately too busy at the moment to really participate in a thread, so I'll just watch from the sidelines.
    Definitely interested, subscribed.

You write that it's an alpha version. This looks pretty far down the road already for an alpha. Do you have an ETA for beta phase already, or it's too early for that?

4. MacrosTheBlack

MacrosTheBlack Well-Known Member

May 23, 2009
    Illinois
    whoa. this looks really good! can't wait to give it a go. will the graphics be the same on mobile vs steam?

5. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Looks fantastic, I was a hardcore fan of RavenMark TBS so I'm hopeful this will be awesome. Will there be beta testing?

6. RedUnit

RedUnit Member

Thanks a lot, guys! Just sent your reactions to our team) Very inspiring.

Yes, we're in a couple of months from beta. PC and Mac first, then iOS shortly.
    Sry, no ETA right now, but we'll keep you posted)

100% same graphics. Mobiles even will have their own controls system. Hope we'll release them all at once)

7. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    This is exactly the kind of game I love the most! Looks gorgeous

8. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #8 Ayjona, Apr 16, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    This looks monumentally promising. In the way that games look good regardless of platform or format, and like I might play them for years to come. I've rarely smashed that Kickstarter pledge button with such fervour.

Will online multiplayer be asynchronous? (Please, say 'tis so! :) )

9. RedUnit

RedUnit Member

Nope, not on release, sry. Just good old turn-based hearthstone-style PvP.)

10. Nameless-2

Nameless-2 New Member

Apr 16, 2016
    Hey guys just stumbled upon Warbands and I have to say it looks truly amazing! Count me in!

11. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    That's an absolute dealbreaker for me (for mp, I'll still enjoy single player with a passion).

(Except for the very tangible constraints of time and resources - and unless there is a HUGE amount of inter-turn interactivity, such as in Magic Duels - there are very few if any reasons not to make turn-based online multiplayer asynchronous. If you include an option for realtime only games, and ensure that async is seamlessly integrated - see Carcassonne and Playdek titles for an example - and only comes into play when one player leaves an async-enabled match, there is no downside.

The upside, however, might be bigger than some developers might suspect. There is a whole class of online gamers who only ever game online if we can take our turns at our own convenience. It makes available a whole new class of entertainment to those of us who might sometimes only have 30 seconds per hour to spare. It even allows for competitive online communities to exist where they otherwise would not (such as in the case of some parts of the hardcore player segments of Hero Academy, Outwitters, Starbase Orion, Ravenmark: Mercenaries, and perhaps shortly in Warbits).)

12. RedUnit

RedUnit Member

Ayjona, yes, mostly on that reason.

But still not sure, either you mean battle with bots on both sides where you can just use cards on them (for example) and play your match on x3 speed, or battles where you fight AI with no timers, so that you can just put your game aside and continue later, or just a situation there both players can take some kind of a timeout?

Great idea, anyway! Surely, we'll have to discuss all that.

P.S. What about Hearthstone? Have you played it?

13. RedUnit

RedUnit Member

#13 RedUnit, Apr 26, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  14. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
  15. Misguided

Misguided Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2009
    Please consider removing/reducing the screen shake in future videos. It makes it rather difficult to tell what is going on.

16. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    I voted to greenlight it on Steam but for me it's a iPad purchase over Steam.

17. RedUnit

RedUnit Member

Camera shake will happen mostly on criticals. Effects are still in progress.

Well sure it's a long way to get an iPad version. Thanks a lot!!

18. RedUnit

RedUnit Member

Warbands: Bushido is just released on Steam Early Access!

Finally!

Warbands: Bushido on Steam Early Access today. There's still a lot of work to be done until our iOS release, but you can always help us with your feedback and suggestions and some funding of course!

You can find Warbands:Bushido Store Page here.

[​IMG]

19. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Congrats on getting it out on steam does it have controller support? I had gotten the demo but my laptop broke down before I got to try it

20. MarcosCalfu

MarcosCalfu Member

Nov 23, 2016
    I Join For A BETA

The game looks Great!!! I Want to Join To BETA!!!!