★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-18-2017, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff123816 View Post
So Final Fantasy Tactics has nevertheless been updated. Ios 11 does not support 32 bit apps. Does anyone know if Square is planning to update this game for iOS 11?
Got a good feeling either they won't ever update it since they earned all the money they can from it. Or it'll be updated really late after iOS 11 is out. But don't expect anything speedy. If it happens it's just a happy coincidence.
06-18-2017, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zergslayer69 View Post
Got a good feeling either they won't ever update it since they earned all the money they can from it. Or it'll be updated really late after iOS 11 is out. But don't expect anything speedy. If it happens it's just a happy coincidence.
My understanding is that when iOS 11 is released, all 32bit apps and games will be removed from the App Store.
Even if you have the game on your device, when you install iOS 11 the game simply won't even open!

The only way you can keep playing a 32 bit game when iOS 11 is released is to have it installed on a device that you will never upgrade to iOS 11.

That's what I am currently doing. I have over 500 games that are 32bit. I have put on my old iPad 3, which can never have the iOS updated, all the 32bit games I can fit.
Huge games like FFTtWotL have to be left on my iPad Pro and that won't be updated to iOS 11.

It's a major pita if you have a ton of (really good and expensive) 32bit games that still play great.
If CrApple really cared about their consumers I am sure they could have implemented some sort of backward capability for older games in iOS 11, heck even Bill Gates allowed that in Windows 7.
07-03-2017, 10:56 AM
So SE dropped this game to half price... without the 64bit support. Doesn't seem very right to me. (disclaimer: I had already bought this game on iPad). Really hope they keep this game alive on iOS...
07-03-2017, 11:44 AM
Just sent a support ticket to SE about that game and making the update,knowing that this game is insanely hard to find,losing the ios version is rude,need to search a old PSP version instead to play it,not nice.