★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread!

07-20-2017, 09:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotDamn View Post
I'm pretty much addicted to Elite Dangerous. I've dropped all interest in everything else since buying it on launch. That said, it's definitely not for everybody. I guess it's what I was looking for in a space trader sim that I never had. :-)
I wish I could like trading, making money, etc. Bores me to tears. But I may get it at appropriate price point.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
07-27-2017, 01:14 PM
Pata-pata-pata-pon! Coming next Tuesday 8/1 to the states to the PS4. One of the best rhythm RPGs to come out in a decade. (At least the PSP version was.)

240,000+ Game Center Achievement points
Gamecenter ID: Donny K76
PSN ID: donnydj76
Let's go Yankees!

07-28-2017, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
I wish I could like trading, making money, etc. Bores me to tears. But I may get it at appropriate price point.
It's really so much more though! Well let me change that a bit... It's what you make of it. There's plenty of combat like bounty hunting and combat zones, also smuggling gets exciting. The flight mechanics are on point, so combat is highly rewarding when you come out on top. I'm so freaking biased right now though lol I'd suggest watching video if you ever get interested.

Here's a good trailer made by a fan for a contest. Sorry I dont know how to embed it. :-(

https://youtu.be/9a9wZlpyygI
07-28-2017, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyDJ76 View Post
Pata-pata-pata-pon! Coming next Tuesday 8/1 to the states to the PS4. One of the best rhythm RPGs to come out in a decade. (At least the PSP version was.)
Yeah that's gonna be one I pick up for sure, and I've never considered myself a rhythm game fan. Good stuff tho.
07-30-2017, 08:08 PM
Gotta question for anyone who might know!
Maybe I'm the only person in the world ????, but I keep waiting for a next-gen Surfing game for the PS4 like Kelly Slater or something! The water would look SO GOOD on this console!!! What's up with that? There's been surfing games on every console ever! Also, why no really good (and not at all) ANY Fishing games? I especially enjoy SALTWATER fishing!!! What's up with that, too?! Wonder if there's any plans for either (or BOTH!!) Thanks!
07-31-2017, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Gotta question for anyone who might know!
Maybe I'm the only person in the world ????, but I keep waiting for a next-gen Surfing game for the PS4 like Kelly Slater or something! The water would look SO GOOD on this console!!! What's up with that? There's been surfing games on every console ever! Also, why no really good (and not at all) ANY Fishing games? I especially enjoy SALTWATER fishing!!! What's up with that, too?! Wonder if there's any plans for either (or BOTH!!) Thanks!
The only surfing game I've played was part of California Games on Atari Lynx. I don't know that a surfing game would do well these days, but who knows. For your sake I hope you get one!
08-01-2017, 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
The only surfing game I've played was part of California Games on Atari Lynx. I don't know that a surfing game would do well these days, but who knows. For your sake I hope you get one!
I remember that game it was good! I dunno. I don't see why not these days! Pro surfing is very popular (at least in the US) and, like I said, there have been surfing games on every console going WAY back! Same with fishing games! I'm surprised that on the PS4 there hasn't been any at this point! I hope they make a good one soon! All these space/first person shooters that constantly flood the platform are really getting old ( for me, at least) and there needs to be more variety of different types of games, but I guess these days companies just wanna stick with the same-old-same-old, which is boring me. There's less for me to keep interested in console gaming and at this rate, any next-gen console might not be attractive to me anymore. I just may stick with mobile and I'm happy with that, because I can always find lots of good stuff here that tickles my fancy all the time and bang-for -your -buck wise, it can't be beat! Sixty bucks for a game is not worth it in most cases to me! Plus, stacks of physical software is SO 90's! I'm not trying to speak for others, this is just how I feel about it. I'm trying to convey that.
08-02-2017, 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
I remember that game it was good! I dunno. I don't see why not these days! Pro surfing is very popular (at least in the US) and, like I said, there have been surfing games on every console going WAY back! Same with fishing games! I'm surprised that on the PS4 there hasn't been any at this point! I hope they make a good one soon! All these space/first person shooters that constantly flood the platform are really getting old ( for me, at least) and there needs to be more variety of different types of games, but I guess these days companies just wanna stick with the same-old-same-old, which is boring me. There's less for me to keep interested in console gaming and at this rate, any next-gen console might not be attractive to me anymore. I just may stick with mobile and I'm happy with that, because I can always find lots of good stuff here that tickles my fancy all the time and bang-for -your -buck wise, it can't be beat! Sixty bucks for a game is not worth it in most cases to me! Plus, stacks of physical software is SO 90's! I'm not trying to speak for others, this is just how I feel about it. I'm trying to convey that.
I'm not a FPS guy. Anyway, there is at least one fishing game for PS4 (this is a US store link):

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...00000000000000

No surfing, though.

Last edited by crunc; 08-02-2017 at 11:18 AM.
08-02-2017, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
I'm not a FPS guy. Anyway, there is at least one fishing game for PS4 (this is a US store link):

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...00000000000000

No surfing, though.
I might check out that fishing game, though I'd much rather have an OCEAN fishing game! That's my thing! (In real life, too!) But I guess beggars can't be choosers, right?! Aarrrrrr!!!! But NO SURFING!!! 😡 THATS the one I've really been jonesing for! 😫
08-02-2017, 02:11 PM
Looks like Euro Fishing is the only one for PS4, although there are some games that have fishing mini-games in them: https://www.psu.com/feature/33113/Be...-games-for-PS4