★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Nintendo Switch

06-25-2017, 01:51 PM
Anyone tried out Oceanhorn for Switch?!?!
06-25-2017, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
Anyone tried out Oceanhorn for Switch?!?!
I already played it on iOS. It's a great game though. I would definitely recommend it if you like the 16 bit Zelda games. I'd be tempted to buy it again if I didn't have too many games already.

06-25-2017, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHess00 View Post
I already played it on iOS. It's a great game though. I would definitely recommend it if you like the 16 bit Zelda games. I'd be tempted to buy it again if I didn't have too many games already.
I played it on IOS also but want to check out the differences with physical controls.
06-25-2017, 09:06 PM
Quote:
I played it on IOS also but want to check out the differences with physical controls.
Physical controls are great, works perfectly. I also own it on the phone but never played much of it.
07-02-2017, 08:54 AM
I'm an old school gamer and my wife and I our expecting our first baby in late October... it looked like my list was already ridiculously big as I initially bought the Switch do play BOTW! I'm 80 m+ hours into BOTW and have done so little... I need to get focused and stop getting so distracted by wanting to know what is up this mountain or on the other side of something and just maybe do the main quest. It's embarrassing to admit I only opened up 4 towers and have played mainly in these regions only as i told myself my goals was to explore only what I opened up in the map. I also have only done the great plateau main quests and the first two or three in the main world... about 35 koroks and 12 shrines! Crazy right???

So with the other two or theee games you are seriously killing me... the Switch has a crazy good line up!

I agree:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (release is 2017?)
SteamWorld Dig 2 (ios vs Switch?)
Metroid Prime 4 (yes! Still remember the original)

I still have my N3ds and unfortunately tons of hands on it to play:

Xenoblade Chronicles
Fire Emblem series
Inazuma 11 (2 games)
And a couple of more...

As we expand to have a little one I see my gaming career slowly finish but am super excited to become a Dad!

My goal: to keep playing BOTW and see how I feel about Splatoon 2 as it likely is the next big release in my list and maybe see what else I can play before the baby arrives... might be time to hang up the old controllers for a little while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangutanKungfu View Post
Dude - you got to hold on for Metroid Prime 4 too! (Probably late 2019, if we're lucky.) More seriously, Mario Odyssey looks amazing; Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is going to be cool; and Hollow Knight and SteamWorld Dig 2 will round out the year nicely.
07-08-2017, 06:42 PM
Implosion on Switch!!!!!!

EDIT: Its awesome too! Played it more than the IOS version already!

Last edited by Amenbrother; 07-10-2017 at 07:17 AM.
07-11-2017, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Implosion on Switch!!!!!!

EDIT: Its awesome too! Played it more than the IOS version already!
Every time I see a ios game land on switch I find myself in a tough spot. Switch w/ integrated physical controls or my ipad 12.9 with two physical controller options (i own the gamevice and the steel series nimbus controllers).

Gamecenter : taeles
07-11-2017, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeles View Post
Every time I see a ios game land on switch I find myself in a tough spot. Switch w/ integrated physical controls or my ipad 12.9 with two physical controller options (i own the gamevice and the steel series nimbus controllers).
Man I am not gonna lie Implosion is amazing on Switch!
07-20-2017, 09:36 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓 [Original Poster]
Nintendo's (nutty) app for voice chat, etc, is out. Only works with Splatoon 2 to start:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/nintendo-switch-online/id1234806557?mt=8
07-21-2017, 06:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdakine1 View Post
I'm an old school gamer and my wife and I our expecting our first baby in late October... it looked like my list was already ridiculously big as I initially bought the Switch do play BOTW! I'm 80 m+ hours into BOTW and have done so little... I need to get focused and stop getting so distracted by wanting to know what is up this mountain or on the other side of something and just maybe do the main quest. It's embarrassing to admit I only opened up 4 towers and have played mainly in these regions only as i told myself my goals was to explore only what I opened up in the map. I also have only done the great plateau main quests and the first two or three in the main world... about 35 koroks and 12 shrines! Crazy right???

So with the other two or theee games you are seriously killing me... the Switch has a crazy good line up!

I agree:
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (release is 2017?)
SteamWorld Dig 2 (ios vs Switch?)
Metroid Prime 4 (yes! Still remember the original)

I still have my N3ds and unfortunately tons of hands on it to play:

Xenoblade Chronicles
Fire Emblem series
Inazuma 11 (2 games)
And a couple of more...

As we expand to have a little one I see my gaming career slowly finish but am super excited to become a Dad!

My goal: to keep playing BOTW and see how I feel about Splatoon 2 as it likely is the next big release in my list and maybe see what else I can play before the baby arrives... might be time to hang up the old controllers for a little while...
Congratulations on incoming little one! I'm not going to lie, my PS3 has been little more than a DVD player si8nce the birth of my first child nearly seven years ago - apart from the first three or four months or so, when I used to take her downstairs around 6am and play Fallout 3 or Bioshock while she slept on my chest (it was the only place she'd stop crying).

2017 GOTY nominations: SAO: Memory Defrag, Death Road to Canada, Spaceplan, Arkanoid vs Space Invaders
Switch ID: Krillin 5948-6652-1589