★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-17-2017, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyrite View Post
Can you leave the planet in the basic 300 game?
Yes, and it might even be vital so you can get resources your home planet lacks.
07-17-2017, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ijipop View Post
That's why laser exists!
You can't target it even with laser. It's outside the sight range, so it's gray and you can't do anything with it. You can't tap on it to tap the war icon. You can't negotiate with the AI on it. If it's empty, you can't colonize it either.

This can happen if you can't take the planets in between in time and the AI took them all. So the only thing you can do is destroy the in-between planets and so the farthest planet is out of range.

07-17-2017, 03:44 PM
Hi all! This game looks very interesting, but have they fixed the offline IAP issue yet?

Being able to play this offline is the only thing that's holding me back from buying the whole game.

Cheers!
07-17-2017, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by touly View Post
Hi!

Thanks for your feedbacks everyone

About the game being a 4X: I can understand gamers don't think it is one. Because we didn't had this idea at start. This was a simulation, with build, exploration and micro-war component. Unfortunately when you have to tell a category for your game, it's better to use something people know, so it's 4X... I hope the free part can help people to decide soon enough if the game fits their expectations. It's why our monetization is made this way, because the game is so experimental.

I wish we could add more component to war. Things like 'artificial' planets is possible to dev, being able to build a planet anywhere in the map. Battleships is an other question. Currently AI can give up a planet if it takes too much damages, and you can take this planet after. unfortunately it was something hard to tune, and finally I tune it to the lower, because sometime it give up to soon and ruin the purpose of the game I think we can improve a lot of things in the AI domain.

Also: Tuning is incoming to have a better start, avoid worst scenarii and have a easier first contact with the game.

As soon as I have a list of all improvements in next update, I'll share on our forum and FB page of the game.
The developer is nice and responsive even at the face of our endless demands. Sorry if we are hard on your game. When you make a good game, expectations ramp up quickly, as games like this are rare at best on IOS. We have a saying here: "They will stone the tree that bears fruit."

Last edited by Praymettin; 07-17-2017 at 07:13 PM.
07-17-2017, 09:53 PM
Ive smashed my way to the top of the 300 turn leaderboard with a whopping 135k points. That would have been enough to put me 12th on the unlimited board! I missed out on a further 11k points as I thought the temple wonder wanted 100 computers when it actually wants 100 steel, so I didnt get the tourism bonus. I couldnt get my megapole built in time, so no capital bonus either. The real kick in the nuts was that I was literally one turn away from getting to ascension level 10 when the game 'ended'
07-18-2017, 01:17 PM
I keep getting to a place where I can't really seem to advance -- due to lacking one material or another, usually. In my current game, I would like iron to upgrade my foundry. But none of my mines seem to have it. Is there any way to get iron otherwise?

Thanks!
07-18-2017, 03:10 PM
Right,how do I make fuel for the rocket?
07-18-2017, 03:16 PM
Quote:
The rocket just runs on oil, right? You can get that from wells. Place them on swampy land or land next to water I think.
07-18-2017, 03:20 PM
Quote:
The short answer is you get petrol out of the well building.

The longer answer is you need to get petrol out of the ground by building a well on a tile that has petrol in it. You can tell how many solid and liquid resources are in a tile by tapping on it, then looking at the description at the bottom. The tile will have a name (savannah, rocky ground etc) and under that will be two symbols, a square with rectangles in it, and a circle. The number next to the circle will show how many liquid resources a well can extract from that tile. In time you'll get a feel for what those resources will be, but for now you should know that underground liquids next to seas and swamps tend to be water, and underground liquids next to or under trees and bushes tend to be petrol.
07-18-2017, 03:30 PM
Ah, I didn't know that! Now, do you know how to get iron?