★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-14-2017, 03:07 AM
#11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocyf View Post
MOW saves the progress everytime you play it, -every single time- even if you exit the level and go to thee main menu. So MOW knows how much time have you played, how many times you died, how much distance you've travelled, etc...

As AnotherKelly pointed out, there is a hole Menu and not only the "Play" button by swiping left/right in that menu.

There are a few hidden surprises in the game... have you noticed you have coins for nothing? Dig a little bit a you'll find where to use them after every single race. And GameOver is not always a Game Over at all, it's a new oportunity waiting to happen!

Regards,
Jocyf (MOW Programmer).
Welcome to the forums, Jocyf!

Love the game, but as others have said, please consider tweaking the sensitivity of the controls. It really is incredibly easy to shift gears up and down when intending to swipe left or right. Other than that, this is REALLY well done!

metalcasket's legitimate alternate account (for those moments the casket's unavailable).
07-14-2017, 05:34 AM
#12
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalwastebasket View Post
Welcome to the forums, Jocyf!

Love the game, but as others have said, please consider tweaking the sensitivity of the controls. It really is incredibly easy to shift gears up and down when intending to swipe left or right. Other than that, this is REALLY well done!
How about tap to move, swipe to shift?

07-14-2017, 05:47 AM
#13
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocyf View Post
MOW saves the progress everytime you play it, -every single time- even if you exit the level and go to thee main menu. So MOW knows how much time have you played, how many times you died, how much distance you've travelled, etc...

As AnotherKelly pointed out, there is a hole Menu and not only the "Play" button by swiping left/right in that menu.

There are a few hidden surprises in the game... have you noticed you have coins for nothing? Dig a little bit a you'll find where to use them after every single race. And GameOver is not always a Game Over at all, it's a new oportunity waiting to happen!

Regards,
Jocyf (MOW Programmer).
Yesss! Thank you for coming by, Jocyf!

I did notice the coin thing right away but forgot to mention it. There's a lot going on in this simple looking game After a race there's a slot machine you put coins in that can refill some health or repair your car, etc. You can use up to 15 coins per pull Also figured out what that game over screen was all about. If you can get the white ball into the "o" - the letter that has the car on it, you get a free retry.

I love the fact that there is an expansive stats menu. Have you gotten any requests for Game Center implementation? Even if that's not added it really isn't that big a deal. It's not often a game keeps calling my name like MOW

Last edited by Anotherkellydown; 07-14-2017 at 06:07 AM.
07-14-2017, 09:45 AM
#14
yep - picked this up from AKD's Twitter feed. This and the 868-Hack expansion (now updated) just show how good iOS gaming can be. Even Street Fighter 4 with controller support is mind-meltingly good value. This is great though - great fun, well made with loads of hidden stuff - sometimes too hidden - took me a few games to work out the lights! Great stuff and great find, AKD (albeit via snappzilla).
07-14-2017, 10:05 AM
#15
Joined: Jul 2016
Location: croatia
Posts: 297
Main Problem is controls and support for IOS 10 only...

but its is a very nice game
need some improvements definitely
07-14-2017, 02:21 PM
#16
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
yep - picked this up from AKD's Twitter feed. This and the 868-Hack expansion (now updated) just show how good iOS gaming can be. Even Street Fighter 4 with controller support is mind-meltingly good value. This is great though - great fun, well made with loads of hidden stuff - sometimes too hidden - took me a few games to work out the lights! Great stuff and great find, AKD (albeit via snappzilla).
And here I thought I should keep my Twitter hole shut more often Super glad you picked it up, Slam. Definitely tag me with your high score, furthest level, etc.
07-15-2017, 03:12 AM
#17
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: Spain
Posts: 9
Hi,

Ok, I will try to improve the swipe direccion recognition. Right now I'm focused in lowering the MOW app size and general performance improvemens.
shfrost comment the option of using tap to move; we tried that when programming the controls and we came to the conclusion than swipe is the way to go for this game. It's a natural feeling when playing (and I hate virtual buttons in screen).

BTW, MOW can be played with IOS Gamepad.

Question: had anyone discovered the hidden Levels already?

Tip: UI in-game can be disabled in the options (Main Menu) but if you want to see it for some seconds when playing, just tap the center-upside zone of screen, the UI will became visible. Originally we wanted a game with NO UI at all, but in this case we came up with this option.
07-15-2017, 06:33 AM
#18
Joined: Feb 2014
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 2,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocyf View Post
Hi,

Ok, I will try to improve the swipe direccion recognition. Right now I'm focused in lowering the MOW app size and general performance improvemens.
shfrost comment the option of using tap to move; we tried that when programming the controls and we came to the conclusion than swipe is the way to go for this game. It's a natural feeling when playing (and I hate virtual buttons in screen).

BTW, MOW can be played with IOS Gamepad.

Question: had anyone discovered the hidden Levels already?

Tip: UI in-game can be disabled in the options (Main Menu) but if you want to see it for some seconds when playing, just tap the center-upside zone of screen, the UI will became visible. Originally we wanted a game with NO UI at all, but in this case we came up with this option.
Ah, that explains the really small settings/pause screen button during gameplay. I do prefer the minimal control UI decision.

The swipe controls rarely give me issues anymore, but I would think touching the left/right side of the screen to change lanes would work just fine for another control option.

I haven't found any of the secret levels yet but I've been flashing my headlights and uncovering secrets on the roads

Tip: you can usually make cars move over (especially awesome when the driver in front of you crosses over into the oncoming lane and explodes in a head-on collision) allowing you to clear a way on those long stretches. No need to match their speed and wait for an opening.
07-15-2017, 08:39 AM
#19
Jocyf, where are you from? Your name in the "developer" in the app store, those signals of the Metro in the app store screenshots...
07-15-2017, 10:14 AM
#20
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 20
How on Earth did I turn off traction control? How in Hell can I turn it back on?