★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-15-2017, 11:14 AM
#21
Joined: Sep 2015
Posts: 20
Oh, it happens when you take damage.

Gamepad controls work great, by the way.
07-15-2017, 12:58 PM
#22
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: Spain
Posts: 9
My real name is Julian Oliden, I'm from the Basque Country in Spain (very near to France).
I have a GameTutorial channel in Youtuve called Mr. Jocyf to help people to create games using Unity, it was pretty successful channel in the spanish comunnity.
It has been months since the last video I uploaded because I've been focused on developing MOW for this last year with Raul Lopez.

Raul Lopez worked in videogames 30 years ago in Zeus Soft (along with Ricardo Puerto) making some hits like Hundra (for Spectrum), Risky Woods (for PC) and Biomecanical Toy (coin up machine).

I worked in Zeus 20 years ago creating Energy; the game never went published anyway, after 3 years working there, Zeus closed its doors.... until now! In this last years I've been working creating simulations (medical, augmented reality, etc...) and over 20/25 games for IOS/Android for other companies (clones mostly).

We both (Raul and me) joined with the idea of create original games (no clone games with well known gameplay mechanics); that's how MOW was created. The inicial concept of MOW was a very diferent game, it has been a lot of iterations until we've got this great and original game. We are so proud of our creation!

haha! So you discovered that flashing other cars helps !!! I used it a lot when testing the game, in some levels it's crazy.

TIP: Finishing levels in Perfect (and not only Pass) always has rewards.

07-15-2017, 02:02 PM
#23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocyf View Post
My real name is Julian Oliden, I'm from the Basque Country in Spain (very near to France).
I have a GameTutorial channel in Youtuve called Mr. Jocyf to help people to create games using Unity, it was pretty successful channel in the spanish comunnity.
It has been months since the last video I uploaded because I've been focused on developing MOW for this last year with Raul Lopez.

Raul Lopez worked in videogames 30 years ago in Zeus Soft (along with Ricardo Puerto) making some hits like Hundra (for Spectrum), Risky Woods (for PC) and Biomecanical Toy (coin up machine).

I worked in Zeus 20 years ago creating Energy; the game never went published anyway, after 3 years working there, Zeus closed its doors.... until now! In this last years I've been working creating simulations (medical, augmented reality, etc...) and over 20/25 games for IOS/Android for other companies (clones mostly).

We both (Raul and me) joined with the idea of create original games (no clone games with well known gameplay mechanics); that's how MOW was created. The inicial concept of MOW was a very diferent game, it has been a lot of iterations until we've got this great and original game. We are so proud of our creation!

haha! So you discovered that flashing other cars helps !!! I used it a lot when testing the game, in some levels it's crazy.

TIP: Finishing levels in Perfect (and not only Pass) always has rewards.
That's what I thought. I've seen those Metro stations in Bilbao, very unique and easily identifiable.
07-17-2017, 01:20 PM
#24
Joined: Apr 2015
Location: Nantes, France
Posts: 178
I'm a new player of this game.
After 2 "perfect", I got the Game Over screen and I lost all my progress : this is so frustrative...

BUT, after replaying the 1st level with "perfect", I got a second medal for it... Why can we get multiple medails for a level ? And why I can't keep my progress after a level is completed ?

Not cool for my experience

Btw, I'm missing some cool achievements to unlock in Game Center and maybe some leaderboards to compete with
07-17-2017, 02:27 PM
#25
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocyf View Post
Hi,

Ok, I will try to improve the swipe direction recognition...

BTW, MOW can be played with IOS Gamepad.

Question: had anyone discovered the hidden Levels already?
I think I'm sold now. 👍
07-17-2017, 03:21 PM
#26
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,171
I'm really liking the game but I still don't know how you play it?
07-17-2017, 05:28 PM
#27
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 311
I did purchase and I do like it. I agree with others that the controls need fine tuning, if not an alternate method. As of now, taps can too easily read as swipes and vice versa. I haven't tried my controller yet, but I'd like to know that I'm able to play well without it. I sure do appreciate developers that include mfi, but we don't want to be dependent on it.

Of course I'll continue to practice while looking forward to future updates.

Excellent production values! Slick!
07-18-2017, 12:14 PM
#28
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: Spain
Posts: 9
Quote:
BUT, after replaying the 1st level with "perfect", I got a second medal for it... Why can we get multiple medails for a level ? And why I can't keep my progress after a level is completed ?
You can keep your progress when you complete a hole world (the next world unlocks itself), BUT if you are in the middle of a level and you die you have to start from the beginning of that world. MOW It's NOT an easy game, even for me (and I'm the programmer).
On the other side, you can play any previous level and collect money to spend in the slot machine or go to the garage/repair stations.

More things, if you die the levels are closed but all your progress (what levels you played and unlocked, how many perfects you have done, etc...) is recorded as well. Dying and closing levels doesn't mean the game erases all your play achievements. MOW will remember that you've ended that level as perfect even if it's closed because you died.

BTW has anyone play more than one coin -bet- in the slot machine ?? It's done pressing continuously the coins icon. If you do so, you have little surprise is hidden there... more bets, more possibilities getting rewarded and if you bet 20 coins at once you get an extra life for sure!!!.

Quote:
Btw, I'm missing some cool achievements to unlock in Game Center and maybe some leaderboards to compete with
We didn't used Game Center at all for now, but we are thinking about adding some achievements in the future.

Quote:
I agree with others that the controls need fine tuning..
Yeah, a lot of people says the same... I'm looking at the swipe controls right now, but get a more intelligent gesture recognizer needs time and lot of work. It won't be ready in next version but I'm working on it.
07-18-2017, 12:52 PM
#29
Joined: Jul 2017
Location: Spain
Posts: 9
hi,

About the price... we didn't wanted to make a free game with in-app purchases and we hate publicity in the game, so the way to go for us with MOW has been one single payment.
We feel that 3 bucks is an honest and right price for a year and half game work (yeah, 10-12 hours day even weekends -no holidays neither- invested in creating MOW). Maybe in the future (don't know when, maybe in Christmas) we'll plan a price drop for a day or two... we haven't decided yet.
07-18-2017, 12:59 PM
#30
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 311
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocyf View Post
hi,

About the price... we didn't wanted to make a free game with in-app purchases and we hate publicity in the game, so the way to go for us with MOW has been one single payment.
We feel that 3 bucks is an honest and right price for a year and half game work (yeah, 10-12 hours day even weekends -no holidays neither- invested in creating MOW). Maybe in the future (don't know when, maybe in Christmas) we'll plan a price drop for a day or two... we haven't decided yet.
I see nothing wrong with the price, but a Christmas sale is always a good idea.