★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-13-2017, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinotauro View Post
Fun game so far. Doesn't seem to be intrusive with the in game shop compared to others anyway
Seconding both the above. Played for maybe an hour: uncomplicated fun (I LOVE the option to either auto or manually move, awesome for e.g. smokebreaks vs. "serious gametime") , graphics are okay/good but not on jawdropper level. I played in a 15 vs 15 match and was surprised how smooth that went, no lags or glitches.

Have to see how it turns out when playing longer.

Only nitpicks I have so far are that I can't hide the global chat at the bottom, the UI is a tad cluttered (but otherwise pretty good), and that I can't change my char's appearance (e.g. haircolor) .
07-13-2017, 11:50 AM
I played and deleted this game after a couple hours two times trying to force myself to like it. Im not interested in WoW-lite, WoW came out 13 years ago, let it go. The raids and auto function are fine, but everything else leaves me wanting more and expecting better. Just my opinion, a lot of people seem to love it, so it's for sure worth a try.

07-13-2017, 01:15 PM
I don't know why people complain about autoplay when most of the time it's optional.
07-13-2017, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfyra View Post
Just read on another site,sadly that it doesn't have much of a story,have autoplay all over the place even in places it should not be allowed(could they make an option that allow you to disable auto completely,because for an actual mmo player and gamer I'm not the kind of people who want to let it play itself,that's not fun and it will NEVER be,if they get rid of that horrifying system maybe mobile mmos will finally stand a chance against PC mmos,seriously all mobile mmos that I ever played were boring,bad combat,lackluster story,the lore where is it?I understand that mobile are weaker and we need to make as much people play even on a phone but could it be possible to do something under mobile limits that can actually stand strong against popular mmos IP.I know that it definitely look like a mini wow,but please do something new,original stop copying wow,heck use existing IP that are not used on PC(Game of Thrones anyone.....or Realms of the Elderlings) so we can have our own DDO,Neverwinter,LOTRO and Star Trek Online and create new IP so we can get our own Guild Wars/2,ESO or having iconic mmos that will be remembered as fondly as Everquest,Runescape,Ultima and Lineage were.If we want to play WOW we will,don't try to copy it again and again,this is getting too far now and if you want to take inspiration there are many other great mmos that you can use for this not just WOW.Why is it always WOW that get copied here,why are most of the mmos,flashy graphics,autoplay and wings(for the wings part can you please stop copying Aion).Mmos are better than that and I'm sad mobile gamers will think of those when we speak of mmos and think that it's how they are normally made.I understand the limitations of mobile and that they can't be as impressive as PC mmos,but normally in that case I would try to do the best game I possibly can and well mmos gamers are not the kind of casual that want autoplay(why do you not want us to have fun?).Also they hyped them as the next great thing but it's the same as ever,nothing new,no evolution,nothing truly revolutionary and an interesting lore(that is one of the reason WOW was so successfull by the way).It always look like one but those freaking mobile mmos are fastfood and they all have a massive pay2win problems.I'm sick of seeing crap after crap on mobile,I hate that it's supposedly the future of gaming,I hate that all companies jump on that and ruin popular IPs(by the way SE you know where you can stick your mobile games).I love mobiles as a way to find interesting,innovative titles using the touch controls,I love it as a great way to get great games(some really old) on the go.I love the mobility of it and that I can play anywhere I want and go on Internet outside of my PC,but for mobile games on the other side that are freemium,I don' t know what cause that but they're all disappointing and feel the exact same as the other one,yet mobile gaming is more popular than PC,handelds and console gaming even if you played one you played them all.Sorry for the massive rant but having great well loved mmos on PC can we get the same on mobiles without trying to copy WOW yet again?
I agree with all of this.
Darkfyra give adventurequest 3D a go... it's quite good and close to the feel of a pc mmorpg
07-13-2017, 02:05 PM
Ok, been waiting for Lineage 2, but woot, this is awesome!
07-13-2017, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkfyra View Post
Just read on another site,sadly that it doesn't have much of a story,have autoplay all over the place even in places it should not be allowed(could they make an option that allow you to disable auto completely,because for an actual mmo player and gamer I'm not the kind of people who want to let it play itself,that's not fun and it will NEVER be...
I honestly don't understand all of the hatred over auto-combat. It's very simple: DON'T USE IT. However, if you're going to end up farming the same levels for rare gear over and over again, auto-running can be a godsend. Let's be honest, every MMO PC or otherwise eventually devolves to endless grinding, which is also NOT fun. And frankly, what business is it of yours how people choose to interact with games, and how exactly does that affect your enjoyment?

You have to understand that people use mobile devices differently than PCs, and in that respect MMOs will aways make concessions for smaller play sessions in mind. While there will always be a steady stream of premium mobile developers catering to hardcore gamers, you're a niche in the market. Times have changed. Adapt, embrace platforms that cater to your interests, or find another hobby.

TL;DR : For PC and Console gamers, mobile gaming will never satisfy you, and there aren't enough of you to change industry trends.
07-13-2017, 02:57 PM
Just for the record: We already did autocombat (ok, we had to write the scripts ourselves) when I started playing MUDs back in 1990 or so. So it's not exactly a new thing

Other than that:
Folks, if you want to discuss the merits (or not) of autocombat or whatever, move it to a separate thread. And that's an order And if you want to rant (so not looking at you, darkfyra), most definitely do it in a separate thread.
07-13-2017, 03:17 PM
Oh, and I just deleted it again. Too many fetchquests, not enough fighting.
07-13-2017, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullzone View Post
Oh, and I just deleted it again. Too many fetchquests, not enough fighting.
Funny, I felt the same about WoW when I played it to get the Hearthstone hero. I felt like a friggin gopher frat initiate, which is fine at first but gets old fast.
07-13-2017, 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullzone View Post
Just for the record: We already did autocombat (ok, we had to write the scripts ourselves) when I started playing MUDs back in 1990 or so. So it's not exactly a new thing

Other than that:
Folks, if you want to discuss the merits (or not) of autocombat or whatever, move it to a separate thread. And that's an order And if you want to rant (so not looking at you, darkfyra), most definitely do it in a separate thread.
This is such an awesome truth. There are few new ideas in this kind of game, just different levels of execution.

I like auto play to skip boring bits. I like what I see of this so far, There are some truly embarrassing non-English speaking typos (it's "minutes," please), and the GUI is too small for my iPhone 6s, but I'll give it a try.

Last edited by JindoFox; Yesterday at 12:29 PM.