★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: -Brief Introduction

Card Monsters is a fast-paced strategic card game. Enjoy challenging, and innovative gameplay with simple mechanics that allows for an intense duel!

-Game Features

Fast-paced Battles
Duel against other players and defeat them in 3 minutes or less!
Diverse Variety of Cards
With daily quest rewards, arena rewards, tournaments, contests, giveaways and more, players can collect hundreds of cards with a variety of rarities and factions.

Easy to Grasp Mechanics
Use tactics and wits to masterfully defeat each opponent with mechanics picked up in minutes!

Unique Equipment and Items
Card Monsters is the first strategic card game with equipment skills for every monster. Optimize your items and equipment wisely to gain the upper hand in every duel.

Follow us on Facebook for latest news: fb.me/cardmonstersen
Join our players group : www.facebook.com/groups/1792746164334694/
Contact us by email: cm@mu77.com

Boardumb's comments:

07-13-2017, 06:52 PM
Almost perfect, I'd give anything for AI single player campaign or quick quests with offline playing for non WiFi situation. Game alone is too nice to be limited on internet connection and depending merely on finding real opponents. Ironically it's soo good that I'd like to play it in any situation at any place; but i can't:/ I'm absolutely aware that I'm minority and not in any targeted players group by not being able to have internet not only by wifi, but still...

07-13-2017, 07:19 PM
There's a strong-ish voice at least here on TA to see games have offline and AI vs capability. I'm another one of those. I've got plenty of Internet connectivity, but I still prefer to play against AI. I actually like working out the quirks of the AI and seeing their patterns of play if there are any. It's actually like a game in a, if the AI's done well that is, and these days it usually is.
I find playing against humans tedious and nerve wrecking at times because of the length of time taken to make plays and the perception of taunting. That said, have had plenty of thrilling online plays though.

Anyway, without offline mode I probably won't touch this. I don't touch hearthstone much, as great as it is, because it just feels online and let's face it, it needs to be online but even with the AI matches being available it just feels like it's pointing you to get online and play others.
07-13-2017, 08:26 PM
This definitely needs AI. Sometimes you have a bad connection or need to pause a match.
But otherwise this is really good!!!
07-13-2017, 09:25 PM
Not available on indonesia appstore T_T
07-13-2017, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
There's a strong-ish voice at least here on TA to see games have offline and AI vs capability. I'm another one of those. I've got plenty of Internet connectivity, but I still prefer to play against AI. I actually like working out the quirks of the AI and seeing their patterns of play if there are any. It's actually like a game in a, if the AI's done well that is, and these days it usually is.
I find playing against humans tedious and nerve wrecking at times because of the length of time taken to make plays and the perception of taunting. That said, have had plenty of thrilling online plays though.

Anyway, without offline mode I probably won't touch this. I don't touch hearthstone much, as great as it is, because it just feels online and let's face it, it needs to be online but even with the AI matches being available it just feels like it's pointing you to get online and play others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistrija View Post
Almost perfect, I'd give anything for AI single player campaign or quick quests with offline playing for non WiFi situation. Game alone is too nice to be limited on internet connection and depending merely on finding real opponents. Ironically it's soo good that I'd like to play it in any situation at any place; but i can't:/ I'm absolutely aware that I'm minority and not in any targeted players group by not being able to have internet not only by wifi, but still...
Completely agree with these posts 100%. I have plenty of wifi but if a game won't work without it then I simply won't play it. I don't understand why anyone would get invested in an internet connection only game that can and will be taken away from you at any given moment due to reasons completely out of your control. No thanks.

Last edited by Son of Anarchy; 07-13-2017 at 09:55 PM.
07-13-2017, 10:59 PM
The more I play this, the more I must say it really does look great. Animations, art style, backgrounds, characters, music, etc are all top notch I think.
07-13-2017, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Anarchy View Post
Completely agree with these posts 100%. I have plenty of wifi but if a game won't work without it then I simply won't play it. I don't understand why anyone would get invested in an internet connection only game that can and will be taken away from you at any given moment due to reasons completely out of your control. No thanks.
I prefer to play against real people and not a computer.
That's why I would play an internet only game.
Sure, the internet signal may vanish. Then I do something else, it's just a game.
07-14-2017, 12:08 AM
It is an online PvP game and is advertised as auch and people complain about no offline ai mode. How weird.

In another note, loving the game. The art is great, the gameplay smooth. It also holds mobile connection really well and works even with weak signalling. I am still at the start but hopefully it won't turn p2w as it continues. At the moment I recommend the game to anyone who likes pvp games and only has 5 min to play.
07-14-2017, 12:09 AM
I too would be all over this if it had offline AI play. I still have Kard Combat on my device for that reason (but it is no doubt doomed by the upcoming iOS update...). I've been playing computer games pretty much since they came into being, because I like playing games against a computer. If I play PVP, the person becomes more important to me than the game. If I play AI, it's about me and the game.