★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
07-14-2017, 10:14 AM
Later unlocked in player levels, there are events which are PVE.

Aside from that, has anyone made a TouchArcade guild?
07-14-2017, 01:52 PM
[QUOTE=Cigarekt;4031331]But, there is just no way to win if you go second - the tempo loss is too massive
[QUOTE]

Wouldn't agree. I've been playing it all day in arena, didn't notice difference regarding who goes first. I'm pretty certain that I won many matches going second as well as lost many by going first.

Last edited by Mistrija; 07-14-2017 at 04:22 PM.

07-14-2017, 04:12 PM
I was in the closed beta for this as soon as it released. This is an amazing card game with an incredible amount of depth beneath its simple-looking surface. Don't pass this one up.
07-14-2017, 04:34 PM
I'm very impressed so far. I've been playing a few hours total since yesterday and have leveled up to level 13 so far, unlocking many features not immediately available at the start, such as events, quests, guilds, crafting, etc.

I've spent only $0.99 on a promo offer and have opened more than 40 free card packs from leveling up in arena and completing quests. I've got at least half the available cards including 5 legendaries and six Epics.

The aesthetics and sense of humor are directly lifted from Hearthstone, but I like it. The game is like Hearthstone-lite. Great for those who enjoy Hearthstone but who don't have the time it requires to be competive.

I hope it's a success in the App Store!
07-14-2017, 04:43 PM
Good game, anyone playing on iOS had a message pop up saying something about making sure you are signed into Game Center? It's only popped up a couple of times, mainly when I started the game for the first time but I am definately signed into Game Center when the message came up? Not a big issue but maybe a bug?

Last edited by TheSop; 07-14-2017 at 05:01 PM.
07-14-2017, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardheart View Post

The aesthetics and sense of humor are directly lifted from Hearthstone, but I like it. The game is like Hearthstone-lite. Great for those who enjoy Hearthstone but who don't have the time it requires to be competive.

I hope it's a success in the App Store!
But also has that nice "twist" with only three card slots and by making those not strategically being equal, plus with clever boost cards, and possibility to once per turn sacrifice card to gain mana, where u have to think in advance about order of damage bein dealth, I almost like the gameplay more than Hearthstone.

Last edited by Mistrija; 07-14-2017 at 04:59 PM.
07-14-2017, 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistrija View Post
But also has that nice "twist" with only three card slots and by making those not strategically being equal, plus with clever boost cards, and possibility to once per turn sacrifice card to gain mana, where u have to think in advance about order of damage bein dealth, I almost like the gameplay more than Hearthstone.
You're right, there's still opportunities for deep strategy and, as you point out, there are some interesting twists in gameplay.

By the way, I've not been able to determine what the two numbers near the manna count icon represent. Any one know?
07-14-2017, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkyardheart View Post

By the way, I've not been able to determine what the two numbers near the manna count icon represent. Any one know?
Left number is for item cards total, on the right is the monster cards total (which makes it basically a player's life counter) both counting cards in play field + cards in hand as well. Not just remaining/hidden ones. I think...

Last edited by Mistrija; 07-14-2017 at 07:31 PM.
07-14-2017, 06:47 PM
I'm still puzzled about mixing fractions/colors strategies in context of optimizing deck. Are mono decks better than two color ones or does that even matter here as just might looks? Or optimizing deck primarily has to do with choosing the most powerful unlocked cards at the moment almost regardless of color at all?

What about melee vs ranged ratio?

Last edited by Mistrija; 07-14-2017 at 06:51 PM.
07-14-2017, 09:07 PM
My take:

This game is great and tons of fun! It's a great freemium. About the packs, I've opened like 20 or so and only gotten a single card higher than rare, so that part kinda sucks, probably enough for me to be vary wary about spending money.

Also: don't even THINK about playing this game off wifi. Playing in full on LTE was a sh1tshow of disconnects.

A small annoyance; it takes almost a full minute to load to the main menu from closed. iPhone 6.