★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[CA Soft-Launch] Shadow Fight 3 (by Caliburnus Limited)

07-17-2017, 02:32 PM
#1
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,094
[CA Soft-Launch] Shadow Fight 3 (by Caliburnus Limited)

old soft launch thread
07-17-2017, 02:45 PM
#2
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,094
My apologies, this seems to only be open to people who got a beta-test invitation.
You can still apply for one, but cannot play unless you get a code.

Sorry again
If mods want to delete this thread until it's a proper soft-launch or full launch, please feel free to do so

07-17-2017, 04:10 PM
#3
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: France
Posts: 3,775
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeKhan View Post
My apologies, this seems to only be open to people who got a beta-test invitation.
You can still apply for one, but cannot play unless you get a code.

Sorry again
If mods want to delete this thread until it's a proper soft-launch or full launch, please feel free to do so
You can actually play it if you turn on airplane mode. The game seems to work well and stop asking for an email.

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.
07-17-2017, 04:58 PM
#4
Joined: Apr 2009
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 4,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
You can actually play it if you turn on airplane mode. The game seems to work well and stop asking for an email.
Worked for the first several lessons of the tutorial, but then needed to contact the server and obviously couldn't due to airplane mode. Tried turning on internet while in the middle of the game, tried killing and restarting the game with internet on, and tried killing and restarting the game with the internet off and none of these have let me get back into playing the game. The contact server message is there permanently now, it seems.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
07-17-2017, 06:05 PM
#5
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
Worked for the first several lessons of the tutorial, but then needed to contact the server and obviously couldn't due to airplane mode. Tried turning on internet while in the middle of the game, tried killing and restarting the game with internet on, and tried killing and restarting the game with the internet off and none of these have let me get back into playing the game. The contact server message is there permanently now, it seems.
Oh well - at least it's enough to check it out a bit 😭

Edit: this is def. not a button masher. Very strategic and the range of customization through armor and weapon types, combos and Shadow abilities is staggering! Can't wait.

Last edited by KeKhan; 07-17-2017 at 06:16 PM.
07-17-2017, 09:52 PM
#6
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,090
Don't even need to play to tell this is contest of champions with a gorgeous new skin on it. Just a tap tap stat stick fighter disguised as something more.
07-17-2017, 10:19 PM
#7
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 1,094
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanx View Post
Don't even need to play to tell this is contest of champions with a gorgeous new skin on it. Just a tap tap stat stick fighter disguised as something more.
You are woefully wrong friend.

First off, the Shadow Fight series has been around for ages, way before Contest of Champions. It was originally a Facebook game before iPad was really a thing.

It's known for being super tactical, every action matters, it's like a game of chess. From what I've seen, Shadow Fight 3 stays true to its roots, but with massively updated visuals and lots more options for fighting styles.

Contest of Champions is more of an action brawler.
Shadow Fight is a thinking persons fighting game.
07-17-2017, 10:20 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 838
Here is all it let me do.


Youtube link | Pop Up


Gamecenter: F34RTEHR34PER
07-17-2017, 11:48 PM
#9
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeKhan View Post
You are woefully wrong friend.

First off, the Shadow Fight series has been around for ages, way before Contest of Champions. It was originally a Facebook game before iPad was really a thing.

It's known for being super tactical, every action matters, it's like a game of chess. From what I've seen, Shadow Fight 3 stays true to its roots, but with massively updated visuals and lots more options for fighting styles.

Contest of Champions is more of an action brawler.
Shadow Fight is a thinking persons fighting game.
Haha contest of champions is more of the Button smasher. Played through this tutorial and this game is killer.
07-18-2017, 12:42 AM
#10
I was a BETA tester from testflight. Suddenly it gone from my TestFlight. I hope this will work.


GAME CENTER ID: TECHZAMAZING