★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-26-2010, 02:38 PM
Definitely loving the game so far... even though I've lost twice in a row

What is the Code to unlock cards though? is it for a promo to unlock expansions or rewards for individual cards?
02-26-2010, 02:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeganTnT View Post
What is the Code to unlock cards though? is it for a promo to unlock expansions or rewards for individual cards?
Put in this code and find out!

033-084-049

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

02-26-2010, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
put in this code and find out!

033-084-049
ooooooooooo fancy
02-26-2010, 04:07 PM
After some deliberation, I decided to buy the game yesterday. I definitely enjoy it! Not really a TCG, but "fantasy solitaire" or some such certainly describes it adequately. There's more strategy involved than I had thought. However, I do have some suggestions for improvement:

- The game seems unbalanced a bit - people have complained about not picking enough heroes. I had one game in which I drew only 2 heroes in 20 cards! I'd be interested to know what the numbers of monsters vs. heroes are. I've played 6 games at this point and only won 1 (and 5 losses). I don't think it has to do with my knowledge/skill with the game. Heroes just don't come up as often and aren't as powerful (though perhaps the equipment makes up for that). I rarely get a hero that wins simply based on numbers.
- Instead of losing after your castle is hit 3x, maybe give the castle a certain amount of HP, like 50? Then each monster that hits does damage equal to the combination of its attack and magic stats.
- There are times when I'm not really sure what the outcome of a card or battle will be. For example, if a creature with the shift down ability is placed on a trap with the shift up ability, what ability does it end up with? Shift up? Or do they counter each other and result in nothing? And what happens if a monster with the instant death ability battles a hero with the same, and they tie? Do they both die (I assume so, but not 100% sure)? Things like that that make me unsure about how to use cards. Granted, I can learn these things over time, but sometimes I may forget. It would be nice to have a detailed help section that's accessible in game.
- Someone in the original thread mentioned the idea of multiplayer. I think this would be cool too, but I think you'd have to change the mechanics a bit - namely have two decks (and maybe two armories as well), each deck with only monsters or heroes. But at that point, then maybe it starts to become a TCG instead?

Anyway, good stuff.

Last edited by Artfoundry; 02-26-2010 at 04:16 PM.
02-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Really beautiful game, very well done !

Bye,
Emmanuel
Graveyard Dogs Visit our iPhone and Mac gamedev blog !
iSmashem Galactic for iPhone/IPod Touch !
02-26-2010, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post
Granted, I can learn these things over time, but sometimes I may forget. It would be nice to have a detailed help section that's accessible in game.

In game, click: options -> rules, there is the help section!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 02-26-2010 at 04:19 PM.
02-26-2010, 04:18 PM
The game is really good, it was a nice surprise.

I'm think some balance should be found to counter the randomness of card picking. You can loose in a few rounds if the monsters are coming too fast.

By the way, how did the guy at the first place in the leaderboard could have something so insane? If i'm getting higher than 15000 i'm really happy.
02-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevagrant View Post
By the way, how did the guy at the first place in the leaderboard could have something so insane? If i'm getting higher than 15000 i'm really happy.
Treasures are your friend!
02-26-2010, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevagrant View Post
The game is really good, it was a nice surprise.

I'm think some balance should be found to counter the randomness of card picking. You can loose in a few rounds if the monsters are coming too fast.

Add treasures together - by doing that, very strong modifiers will apply!

F. e., if you add a +1/+1 treasure and a +2/+2 treasure, the monster will have +3/+3 but there will be a gold x30 modifier when you kill that beast.
Thats the true depth oh this game.

Btw, I rule the Dragontomb Leaderboard... That was hard work...

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
02-26-2010, 06:56 PM
Too many monster cards coming up too fast. I just played two rounds and died in less than a minute each because I kept drawing monster cards. :-/