Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 01-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Banned
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Let me point out just how dissapointing it is to see such a colorful & beautiful environment and not have the ability to actually be able to explore it. Also the controls are somewhat hard to grasp and more so during combat with mutliple enemies . Finally the fee to play approach is very unwelcome .
Old 01-13-2015, 07:20 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Impressive.... i like the poster a lot as you can read the shapes very clearly.
Old 01-15-2015, 04:51 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Solved

Last edited by amusing Grace; 01-17-2015 at 06:27 AM..
Old 01-16-2015, 06:26 PM
Developer
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Hey Qwertz, thanks for the feedback (dev here, for those joining the thread). I'm obviously pleased by your first impressions of the environments enemies and controls--we put a ton of time and effort into those to make them feel/look great, so thanks for that.

I'd encourage you to get through a few more missions to see the game in all its splendor. We're teaching you things about the controls and the world throughout the 1st four missions, and you come out of that a world-saving, enemy-blowing-up machine. If you continue, I'd love to get your "2nd impression" as well.

As far as the online mechanics-- we tried to make it as fair as possible and keep you playing. You can switch out guns and change loadout to keep rocking, particularly after you obtain another gun or two. And there is a doubler-- it's just called "XP Doubler," for levelling and there's Gear called "Element Boost" which increases the pickup Element that you get as you find it in the environments (or blow up Element-laden objects). That goes a long way to mitigating any mechanics you might find troublesome.

Looking forward to hearing more thoughts as you get further! And for those of you in other countries, it's not too far off now! I hope to have some announcements very soon!

Also, if any of you guys are in the soft launch countries (Ireland, Philippines, Sweden, New Zealand, Australia), you can also get the graphic novel app, Midnight Rises! It's free also, and reading it/finding stuff in it gets you a bunch of in-game rewards as well. Here's the link (would also love feedback on it).
Old 01-26-2015, 12:51 AM
Developer
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

We've announced the 1st date for our launches!

(I say "launches," bc Midnight Star is actually 2 apps-- Midnight Rises, the graphic novel experience, and Midnight Star, the sci-fi shooter)

So the 1st launch will be Midnight Rises on 1.29.15 (this Thursday!), and it's sci-fi author John Scalzi's 1st graphic novel ever. He announced the date on his blog on Friday, and we followed up with our announcement as well (check out the cover of the "book" below and our released screens from it are here)

Everything kicks off worldwide on 1.29.15!

Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM
Developer
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Default Midnight star has a launch date! 2.5.15

Old Yesterday, 08:39 PM
iPad Air 2, iOS 8.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewzrd View Post
Looking forward to it and playing the final version.
The very best of luck with it guys, ye have put an enormous amount of work into it, it shows in the changes that have gone on over the soft launch period and I certainly hope it does very well.
Old Today, 02:31 AM
Developer
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Thanks, Rip. Hope you enjoy the launch release next Thursday-- there's a bunch more upgrades and a redesigned Challenge creation system.

If you didn't see the article here today, it's got a Twitch stream from a few weeks ago that gives you some insight into gameplay and playing at higher levels.