Universal Time Surfer (by Kumobius)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jan 9, 2013.

1. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    #201 proof21, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    TIny Wings has no SAtanic/Hindu hand signs.......THIS GAME DOES.

2. sink_or_swim

sink_or_swim Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Put some more 'heart' into the game, remove the time rewind feature and maybe ad some cartoonish graphics so that everyone complain about it is an exact tiny wings clone, nice suggestion.

3. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    #203 Gabrien, Jan 15, 2013
    Sometimes I think some people here must think I am some sort of incorrigible grouch. They're right of course, but surely that's beside the point?

You know, I hate eel. I love a nice seafood platter though. With crayfish, prawns, calamari, all that good stuff. If someone served me a seafood platter that had a chunk of eel, just lying there, on the plate, staring at me, I'd do my best to eat around it and all, but really still wouldn't feel all that comfortable, couldn't unreservedly enjoy the meal, and definitely would not remember the meal fondly. Do you see what I'm saying?

4. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    So that explains why I've been playing this game non stop locked away in my room for days.... My family is quite concerned so they looked up in the Yellow Pages the nearest exorcist....they come tomorrow 8am sharp so I'm gonna do an all nighter with this game because I must have the top score....you see I've gone mad. Completely mad
    Come to think of it many games have this same effect on me.....perhaps a thorough investigation of app games and Devs needs to be conducted and some classes for us gamers so we can have the skills to instantly recognize satan when we see him.

5. proof21

May 25, 2012

Lol first of all... Calm down. Not once did I state any of the non sense you just spewed. However Satanists do believe in the power of symbols and hand gestures, take that as you will

6. zzymyn

zzymyn Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Programmer
    Melbourne, AU
    lol, we're all just huge fans of Dragon Ball Z.

[​IMG]

7. proof21

May 25, 2012

It's everywhere :(

8. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Random idea for a new pet: Adds 50% bonus to the maximum allowed for your time rewind bar.

Would be helpful for both modes. Sometimes you're going good and wish you could store up more for when it gets tough.

Also, I topped hell zone again!

9. >:D

>:D Active Member

Mar 14, 2012
    #209 >:D, Jan 15, 2013
    Matt, have you bought any of the iAP for the cake? I haven't because it seems every time I try to beat my high score with cake, I end up wasting my time and hundreds of cake.

Edit: Also, I finally got past 7000! 7451m.

10. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    10,796m #3 on GC ;)

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Ha! Congrats...

Guess I need to stop experimenting with pets and just go straight at it...

=oP

12. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    LOL that quote is so gonna be my sig :D

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Haha... Guttermind.

Though it wasn't much of a leap...

I need some sleep...

Bleh

14. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #214 Matt33, Jan 15, 2013
    I haven't bought an IAP, but I haven't ruled out the cake doubler as a potential purchase. I'll just have to see how the updates go and decide whether it would be a helpful investment.

An update on my pet usage: both times I've made it past 3k on hell zone have been with a pet. Can no longer say my high scores are just solo runs :p

---

I wonder why Dark Jagi's score is no longer all-time.. Works for me!

15. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    A few hours ago I said that I'm looking forward to reach 6.000m, now I reached a new personal high-score of ~7.600m, great game :)

16. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    Yeah, with hell zone I've been thinking one of the beetle dudes would make a difference as my good distant runs have all ended in a wall of spikes that I just couldn't jump even with a full time meter.

But I'm in the process of buying all the other content in the game so cakes are going towards that right now. All of the flair has been purchased and I'm probably 1/3 of the way through purchasing all of the skins. Once that's done or I get sick of it, I'll start using beetles to try and top my score on Hell Zone.

17. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    #217 Capricornman, Jan 15, 2013
    Unfortunately for me there's been no progression in distance score of around 4200:(
    Not from a lack of trying though. I just played now about 20 games ala mono with no pets and I did and reacted to everything to keep my speed up...even got past the black and white divides many times.
    Was so happy until the end of the universe gulped me up and or the rewind feature eventually let me down.
    I really felt at times I had exceptional runs just to be painfully taken out!
    Putting this game aside for awhile.
    I've been unable to progress for quite some time and I've played tons of runs! Oh well...frustrating:(
    Back to Bouncy

18. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Congrats!!!

19. sink_or_swim

Feb 4, 2012
    Germany
    Next target: syntheticvoid :D you're only 93m ahead :p

20. nightc1

nightc1 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2012
    AL
    I was trapped in the same place for quite a while... but I broke through the 4K wall and managed to make it to 6K. One thing that helped me was something that I think SyntheticVoid mentioned and that is to target the enemies to help maintain height. When I did that is when I started to eek out better scores in the regular game.