Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 07-03-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by undeadcow View Post
Respectfully, if you're going to chase a dream of video game development you've got to man up and be open to feedback. You're lucky to have gotten a Touch Arcade review at all since they've been biased against indie RPG titles and only recently started reviewing them at all. No matter where you ever make it in life there will always be people who will just shrug off and dismiss your best efforts, but they're not in control of you unless you allow them to be. One of the best things about these forums is the collaborative opporunities for developers to network with their fans and players to create a better product. You're really overlooking the importance of growing from negative feedback by responding emotionally instead of intellectually, in my opinion.

You intended to release a product on iOS, you should maintain that plan and not be swayed by outside forces. If you stick to your objective people may come around to appreciate Deprodundis Dungeons. I hadn't purchase DD yet but reading this post makes me not want to. I've been following this thread and continued support would likely net at least one purchase, mine.
Well put. *claps*
Old 07-03-2013, 07:05 PM

Undeadcow is exactly right, but something you have to consider is this; reviews are a persons opinion be it positive or negative. Touch arcade is sometimes dead on with their insights. Other times they don't stop gushing about how great a game is and when you buy it and play it you wonder what they were drinking because the game is crap.

I have found that some of the least polished indie games offer gameplay that smokes that of top developers. I honestly would rather play a low key labor of love than some overly polished hollow game.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:06 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Hello,

Thank you for your support and enthusiasm. I admite i've been discouraged after reading the article and the retweets worldwide...

JC (the novela author) and some of my players basis wrote to me also. Telling me its not the end of the world and such, as there are plans for the game.

I know, when submiting a piece of work to the community, that i will have negative feedbacks and i'm always ready to use them as a fuel to go further more. But, while reading the review, i found absolutely nothing from the writed who said "there's a good part, the others must be improved", and its discouraging.

Whatever, some of the AppStore reviews and the Google Play reviews are still good (even if they criticize the weak parts) and they are my motivation to go further more. The game is not perfect and polished and i try to combine different stock assets to make a coherent world and to put in the game, piece by piece, everything i like in the dungeons crawlers...

Because there was some people on Appstore who trusted me and got the game, i'll continue updating it, but i admite the review somewhat cut my wings off.

Bests,

Alexandre.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:07 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

For what it's worth: despite the glaring current flaws, this still kept me playing longer than the majority of iOS games I pick up. Warts and all, this is the closest game to Diablo in spirit I know of on iOS.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:36 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Have you any idea the amount of garbage on the App Store right now? The fact that you got a touch arcade review if anything should inspire you to work even harder...
2.5 stars.
Think about it. Look at some of the reviews that even big name companies have gotten of 1 or 2 stars. You, as a solo developer, garnered enough interest for them to want to do a review. Not to mention, they did have some positive things to say as well.
*insert random line of inspirational text here*
Now then, move forward and keep on working hard. You're getting there, and with some more time, you'll have an even better game on your hands!

P.S. I bought this when it came out, and I do support you and hope that you'll continue your work.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:50 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

I bought this and gave it a go, yes it was a bit rough round the edges but i like supporting indie devs. Saying that the 'attack' button high up on the right rather than bottom right really put me off and i deleted the game. I'm hoping an update (if i read it here) adjusts the attack button and i'll give it another go.

I wanted a good 'button masher' in a Diablo style, this is close to what i really want i just found the layout a pain.

Last edited by psj3809; 07-04-2013 at 02:58 AM..