Support our Sponsors:

Old 11-21-2013, 09:30 AM

Lovely art, download now
Old 11-24-2013, 02:15 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hegemony Cricket View Post
I thought the multiple tank slots meant we'd get to start taking multiple tanks into battle at once. I genuinely thought, like the AI, I'd get to field more than one.
The AI gets multiple tanks to make up for its (typically) weaker stats per unit and dumb-as-a-brick fighting style. Poor use of powers, inaccurate firing, the ability to get stuck behind a ledge (the "jumper" tanks are particularly inept). It could probably find a way to lose at Tic-Tac-Toe.

Multiple tank slots are pretty useless, other than having a "reserve" tank to use while your primary one is being upgraded, or a place to store parts so you won't accidentally sell them.

The game gets better when you get further and see more part variety to use and fight against. Healing-and-Shield cheese got me through the first 25 stages, it wasn't until 2-11 where I finally found a type-mismatch enough that I couldn't win with my standard tank.

Unfortunately, the "VS" Arena seems to be smoke-and-mirrors and you're actually just fighting against a selection of a couple dozen pre-made CPU opponents. And word on the street is that the game is susceptible to "time advancement" cheese, advancing the day and grinding for free daily rewards (including premium currency and 3* parts). Which basically means if there ever was any sort of real Player VS Player option, it would be meaningless.