• Publisher: Chad Ellis
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 40.7 MB
  • Version: 1.20
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "an excellent WWII-themed tile-laying game which fits into the shorter periods in your game-playing life." - Pocket Tactics

"Battle for Hill 218 is an enjoyable strategy card game that is great for quick and challenging games" - Wargamer.com

Hill 218 looks just like any other hill on your map, but High Command says it's important and it's your job to take it. Unfortunately the enemy has the same plan.

The Battle for Hill 218 is an abstract strategy card game for two players where you represent a military commander struggling for control of Hill 218 as part of a larger military struggle. Players must maintain supply lines and destroy enemy units to advance on the enemy home base, while ensuring that their own base is not taken. It's easy to learn and quick to play but has a depth of strategy usually found only in games that takes much longer to play.

*Deploy different army units such as Infantry, Tanks and Special Forces*
*Play vs. the computer with three difficulty levels*
*Async multiplayer through Game Center, or play a local friend over wi-fi or bluetooth*
*Game Center Achievements and Online Leaderboards*

Based on the popular card game with the same name, The Battle for Hill 218 has been described as the perfect strategy card game and is now finally available on iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad.

"... only Ascension has ever felt better over such short play sessions."
- Pocket Tactics

***NOTE: Not suitable for non-retina displays or devices running iOS 5***

skullbang's comments:
Hill 218 looks just like any other hill on your map, but High Command says it's important and it's your job to take it. Unfortunately the enemy has the same plan.

The Battle for Hill 218 is an abstract strategy card game for two players where you represent a military commander struggling for control of Hill 218 as part of a larger military struggle. Players must maintain supply lines and destroy enemy units to advance on the enemy home base, while ensuring that their own base is not taken. It's easy to learn and quick to play but has a depth of strategy usually found only in games that takes much longer to play.
  • Deploy different army units such as Infantry, Tanks and Special Forces
  • Play vs. the computer with two difficulty levels
  • Online play through Game Center or play a local friend over wi-fi
  • Game Center Achievements and Online Leaderboards

Based on the popular card game with the same name, The Battle for Hill 218 has been described as the perfect strategy card game and is now finally available for the iPad.

"... only Ascension has ever felt better over such short play sessions." - Pocket Tactics

Promo codes available for reviewing purposes, please get in touch.
06-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Got this, I'm reallly sick right now but I'll post my impressions as soon as I feel up to launching another app.
06-29-2013, 11:01 PM
Out of 10 games this morning vs normal AI, I haven't won one. It's frkn hard this game.

Edit: 15 matches no wins. Ready throw the iphone at the wall lol.

Last edited by Talbs; 06-29-2013 at 11:15 PM.
06-29-2013, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbs View Post
Out of 10 games this morning vs normal AI, I haven't won one. It's frkn hard this game.

Edit: 15 matches no wins. Ready throw the iphone at the wall lol.
Practice It takes time, but it is very rewarding to win. I've won a few normal matches as well as a few easys. Really scared to try hard... O.o
07-16-2013, 10:51 AM
Small update just went live which fixes a bug relating to card counts during async multiplayer.

With this in place we're thinking about holding the first ever online Hill 218 tournament. Not decided where to host it yet but let me know here if you're up for it and I'll let you know where and when! There should be some cool prizes as well.

Large Visible Machine
--
Released: The Battle For Hill 218
In Development: TBA
10-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Tournament is officially open for registration:

http://forums.pockettactics.com/disc.../comment/27848

Sign up there or PM me to take part (Game Center name and email please). Also got a few promo codes to hand out to people who want to take part but can't get the game any other way, let me know

Large Visible Machine
--
Released: The Battle For Hill 218
In Development: TBA