• Publisher: Freddie Parks
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 25.3 MB
  • Version: 1.0.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Are you ready to immerse yourself in all-out strategy warfare?

ONE AIM! TWO WAYS!

Wipe-out the opponents' team, or capture their base.

TWO UNIQUE TEAMS!

Introducing a new chapter in the age-old battle between good and evil. Or as we like to put it HEROES vs. OUTSIDERS!

The Heroes: A group of clean-cut individuals who like to think theyre fighting the good fight; protecting the planet at all costs. Utilize the might of the RIFLEMAN and COMMANDO; the ranged prowess of the SNIPER; sneak in with the guile of the SPY; activate special tiles with the ENGINEER; keep watch from trees with the HUNTER or water with the DIVER; support your troops with the MEDIC.

The Outsiders: Are they evil or are they just misunderstood? Featuring interplanetary interaction from the GRAY and vicious MANTOID; the healing and ranged combat of the WITCH; special tile activation from the EVIL SCIENTIST; the enigmatic MERCENARY; slip through the opponent lines with the DARK NINJA; spring a surprise attack from the trees and infect with the ZOMBIE; execute silent and deadly kills with the ASSASSIN.

STRATEGIC MAPS!

Played across 30+ handcrafted maps - consisting of land, mountain, forest, water and special tiles - designed to test your skills.

Try to utilize mountains for wider vision and avoid forests for vision penalties.

Conceal your HUNTER or ZOMBIE by entering forests, or your DIVER by entering water.

MULTIPLE WAYS TO PLAY!

Play competitively online against players from around the world!

Play with friends and family on the same iPad in PASS & PLAY mode.

Compete against an AI opponent in CHALLENGE mode: 24 unique challenges to be completed (12 for HEROES, 12 for OUTSIDERS).

PLAYER PROFILE!

Level up your profile by completing challenges, killing opponents, and beating players online!

Can you reach level 10 and become a Heroes vs. Outsiders master?

GAME CENTER INTEGRATION

Unlock multiple achievements to show-off your gaming prowess to game center friends.

WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING

I cant wait to get back in there and kick some more Gray ass! - Hank (Alpha Rifleman #238)

AAAAAAAA!! HA HA HA HA!! - Vladimir (Alpha Evil Scientist #1337)

............................ - Tim (Alpha Dark Ninja #29)

heroesvsoutsiders's comments:
Please check out this indie-strategy-board game!

I'm really looking forward to getting some feedback on the game so I can improve the current format and implement new features.

Here are 10 promo codes, if you use one please give me some feedback/review. It doesn't have to be much but I'd really appreciate your opinions. You can email or PM me

XPHJL3EMJRL9
7NK744AWXH49
7XF4YA36NPM4
6LLRNW76NEE4
K9A39MTJETX7
4YMFXFTJ6X7K
HENFFER3T4PH
9FAM7A4EF47T
E93NFNMNFLML
HFX49EJHWYX3

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/heroes-vs.-outsiders/id687642334?ls=1&mt=8

The game is still only in v 1.0.1 but it's a lot of fun to play with friends and I want to keep improving it and get more people using the game center multi-player option.

It currently includes a pass & play option for multi-player on a single device, online multi-player, and challenge mode (AI opponent). Let me know how you feel about the challenge and behavior exhibited in challenge mode, as well as the PvP options.

Thanks
Freddie
10-08-2013, 07:23 AM
Played this a bit last night, and the only complaint I have so far is that I wish you could see the computer take their turn when it is in your range to see them. It's very jarring to see the board one way at the end of your turn, and then to see just the "aftermath" of their turn, especially when they have killed your guys and they just disappear without you seeing what happened to them.
10-08-2013, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
Played this a bit last night, and the only complaint I have so far is that I wish you could see the computer take their turn when it is in your range to see them. It's very jarring to see the board one way at the end of your turn, and then to see just the "aftermath" of their turn, especially when they have killed your guys and they just disappear without you seeing what happened to them.
Thanks for taking the time to comment. I completely understand where you're coming form with this, I did try to consider the merits of showing some, but not all moves. It's definitely something where I would like to find an elegant solution that doesn't affect the gameplay too much.

Thanks again for your input

10-08-2013, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMojoRisin View Post
I was trying to come up with some constructive criticism - any criticism - and this is a good point. I see that the developer has already addressed it; however I can't add any other complaints. This is a steal at 99 cents and if you're into turn-based strategy board games there is much to love here. The instructions are clear but unobtrusive (just press the "?" button on each screen, or the "How To Play" on the main screen), the dev has links to his web site, and there are several modes. Single player is what I focused on so far but there is both online and pass and play multiplayer.

So I am unable to help the dev out with any ideas on how to improve the game except for the above. But I highly recommend it. Congrats on crafting a great game. Anyone who is on the fence about this should just grab it.

EDIT: I almost forgot: love the artwork!

Last edited by witedahlia; 10-08-2013 at 02:33 PM.
10-09-2013, 04:16 AM
Might give it a try, but I'd like to maybe see some footage of the actual gameplay before
10-09-2013, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by witedahlia View Post
I was trying to come up with some constructive criticism - any criticism - and this is a good point. I see that the developer has already addressed it; however I can't add any other complaints. This is a steal at 99 cents and if you're into turn-based strategy board games there is much to love here. The instructions are clear but unobtrusive (just press the "?" button on each screen, or the "How To Play" on the main screen), the dev has links to his web site, and there are several modes. Single player is what I focused on so far but there is both online and pass and play multiplayer.

So I am unable to help the dev out with any ideas on how to improve the game except for the above. But I highly recommend it. Congrats on crafting a great game. Anyone who is on the fence about this should just grab it.

EDIT: I almost forgot: love the artwork!
Thanks a lot for your kind words. I'm glad people seem to really get the game and what I was trying to achieve. In terms of help and tutorials I really wasn't sure how to address this so I'm glad you think it's been done well. I worked on another app where you really had to hold peoples' hands for the most basic things but I suppose a game of this nature should be fairly intuitive.

I've been preparing a short how to play video which contains game footage, once it's finished I'll upload it.
10-10-2013, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesvsoutsiders View Post
Thanks a lot for your kind words. I'm glad people seem to really get the game and what I was trying to achieve. In terms of help and tutorials I really wasn't sure how to address this so I'm glad you think it's been done well. I worked on another app where you really had to hold peoples' hands for the most basic things but I suppose a game of this nature should be fairly intuitive.

I've been preparing a short how to play video which contains game footage, once it's finished I'll upload it.
I can't stress enough how much I appreciated the clear instructions over a tutorial. Everything about it was clear and elegantly presented. A video is a good idea since you already have the web site link. Best of luck!
10-11-2013, 03:19 AM
Would ne Nice that the promo code snatchers return with some comments or impressions on the game...
10-11-2013, 03:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundshaper View Post
Would ne Nice that the promo code snatchers return with some comments or impressions on the game...
They haven't the time; too busy looking for more freebies.
My only gripe is that I find it hard to tell which icons are friends and which are foes, also stacked icons should be easier to differentiate. Otherwise, loving it😊
10-14-2013, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenemcardle View Post
They haven't the time; too busy looking for more freebies.
My only gripe is that I find it hard to tell which icons are friends and which are foes, also stacked icons should be easier to differentiate. Otherwise, loving it😊
Thanks for the feedback

I definitely would like to implement a better solution for stacking units, which mostly occurs with Spies/Ninjas and against AI.

I sort of expected the codes to disappear quickly and am just really happy with the responses I've had, thanks for all the feedback so far.
11-02-2013, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heroesvsoutsiders View Post
Thanks for the feedback

I definitely would like to implement a better solution for stacking units, which mostly occurs with Spies/Ninjas and against AI.

I sort of expected the codes to disappear quickly and am just really happy with the responses I've had, thanks for all the feedback so far.
I've not played this one but what puts me off a little is the look of the game. I know it sounds like a harsh critique but I'd like to see actual units on the board (be it little "plastic" men, or properly animated characters). The little cards, while they do hark back to games of old, just make the game look a bit dated and boring. Just my two pence-worth