Zombies vs. Sheep - A slapstick zombie shooter

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by martinpi, Jul 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. martinpi

martinpi Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    founder, director & game designer at studio radiol
    Hello Touch Arcade Forum members,

I just wanted to update you on the state of Zombies vs. Sheep, our upcoming tap-to-shoot horror survival slapstick zombie game.

[​IMG]

Your mission: Protect the sheep from incoming waves of zombies!

Move your sheep by tilting the phone. Shoot by tapping the enemies. Reload by quickly flicking the phone in any direction. Zombies vs. Sheep is a frenetic tap-to-shoot game set in a mexican-themed shooting gallery. As the evening gets darker you will face more and stronger enemies. You are the last hope of the sheep.

The game features 10 levels and is played in survival mode – save sheep after sheep. Be sure to upgrade your sheep in the store to be able to keep up!

Gameplay Trailer - Watch it in HD here.

Thanks to the beta testers
    Many of you came from this forum. Some comments:

Very fun pick up and play game, the controls are perfect and its a lot of fun. Ethan Stern

I really liked the game as a whole. The art style, unique gameplay, and sheer fun of it. Trent Nathan Taylor

I love that you can upgrade in the shop. It made me a lot more confident in winning and pushed me to keep playing. iSmallZx

I believe this is a must buy. It is one of those games that is hard to come by. It is so unique and original. The soundtrack is great and the gameplay is smooth with great feint community connection to challenge friends. It's easy to pick up and play at any time. Robert 'TR3S' Brown

Screenshots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Features Features Features

- Unique cardboard cutout graphic style. Lively Mariachi-style soundtrack. Zombies vs. Sheep features intriguing gameplay and is easy to pick up.

- Shoot your shotgun by tapping on the screen. Pick up the assault rifle and spray the zombies, bats and phoenixes with bullets. Set up chain reactions with dynamite.

- Survival mode gameplay featuring 10 levels of increasing difficulty. Face numerous different enemies and three epic boss fights.

- Upgrade your sheep. Your sheep is too slow? You run out of bullets? Your sheep is nearly dead? Collect some coins and go to the shop to buy upgrades.

- OpenFeint 2.0 powered global leaderboards, achievements, friend lists, chat, facebook and twitter notifications, player walls and gamerscores.

It's easiest to keep an eye on Zombies vs. Sheep if you follow us on twitter. Alternatively we also have a blog that keeps you updated.

Zombies vs. Sheep was submitted to the App Store a few days ago. We expect it to hit during next week (if we get through at the first try). The game is published by clickgamer, a brand of Chillingo.

2. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    this is by far some of the coolest,most unique graphics and concept i have seen, this game looks awesome.i love the music ha and i love me a game with online leaderboards at launch :)
    i hope this comes out soon, and hopefully apple wont screw around with it, or not approve it

great looking game,cant wait :):)

3. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    this is definitely a fun, carnival style game with a really unique art style

fun pick up and play action, in game upgrades, and bosses add to the depth too

4. Bucks

Bucks Well-Known Member

Jun 7, 2009
    Student
    TouchArcade Supply Closet
    As a beta tester i suggest you pick up this game for its easy pick up and playability and replay value.

5. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    LOVE the art direction, guys. Plus it looks like a ton of fun to play. I think I'm going to write up something about it now, best of luck with launch :)

Do you know what price you're going to launch at?

6. martinpi

Mar 10, 2009
    of course it's great if you write about it!

we're going to launch at $.0.99. there's no other price point at the moment anyway, isn't it ;-)?

7. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    This takes Eat Bunny Eat to a whole new level! This is a must have!

8. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Wait, how do you lose in the game?

9. Twazzock

Twazzock Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2009
    For $0.99 that looks great. Can't wait til it's out.

10. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    your sheep at the bottom only has a limited amount of lives, you have to avoid the flaming skulls that drop down from above

11. martinpi

Mar 10, 2009
    exactly. later in the game you also have to dodge bats, balls of fire, spiders, ...

12. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Not sure this was covered in detail previously, though I know "flaming skulls" were mentioned. In order to get rid of a zombie you must shoot its head. The longer it takes to get rid of a zombie, the more parts that fall off. If a zombie gets down to the head before you get rid of it, the head starts flaming and falls towards you. You can still shoot the head when its flaming, but chances are the reason you didn't get to it in the first place was because you were busy with something else.

I know from discussions of other "shooting gallery" style games like this, people seem to be getting sick of this sort of thing (or at least people on TA do). Personally, I would much prefer to play this style of game than a full on FPS. I have played many of the shooting gallery games on the iPhone, and this is definitely one of the most creative, especially when it comes to the artwork. It sort of feels like it should be a mini-game from the LucasArts classic Grim Fandango. I love the fact that everything is on a string, which is an especially interesting effect for the flying creatures :) I'm really looking forward to seeing this game released.

13. Dark NRG

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    #13 Dark NRG, Jul 13, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2009
    @PointOfLight geesh, I thot it looked entertaining already. Thanks for that info, sounds like some goofy fun. I love the Yoshie/Paper Mario feel.

14. martinpi

Mar 10, 2009
    Sheep Defence Force

point of light was one of our fabulous beta testers* so he knows what he's talking about.

one more thing: if you want to play a bigger role in protecting the sheep from the zombie invasion you can join the "Sheep Defence Force" on facebook now. the first 100 to join get a fancy officer's title. atm there are 75 spots left.

* we offer an alternative way to reload in the final version because of your feedback, by the way. just tap the barrel of the gun — actually, the display of the magazine — to reload. works much better for casual players than shaking the device. though i personally still use the traditional method ;-)

15. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    You guys rock! I was just playing the beta again and thinking how the "shake to reload" thing was the one issue that I really had with the game play. By the way, there's now one less spot left in the "Sheep Defence Force" :)

16. sundance kid

sundance kid Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2009
    eehhh
    BFE,AZ
    this is taking too long to come out!! i want it now!

17. martinpi

Mar 10, 2009
    guess who's having trouble finding sleep the last days. zombies vs. sheep has been in submission for 10 days now. that's usually the time it takes. really hope we hear from apple today or on the weekend.

18. Devilishly Good

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    yeah, definitely, apple needs to hurry up, this is definitely a very entertaining game

19. Dark NRG

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    Great about tapping the gun. Shaking is just too disruptive in gaming imo.

Regarding FACEBOOK: man, everyone we know does MySpace. Facebook??? What is that??

20. martinpi

Mar 10, 2009
    this discussion is starting to drift off ;-)

i somehow never got into myspace but did like the initial facebook. recently it got a bit too featuritic for my taste. twitter is the real thing, isn't it ;-)