Mortal Kombat X (Netherrealm Studios)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Based Xatu, Mar 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    #1 Based Xatu, Mar 2, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2015
    It looks to be another Injustice clone:

From http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20150302005215/en/Warner-Bros.-Interactive-Entertainment-Announces-Mortal-Kombat#.VPS4DIY8Lv4>Article :

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Mortal Kombat X, a free-to-play fighting/card-battler hybrid that delivers the next evolution in mobile fighting games for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android users. Developed by award-winning NetherRealm Studios, the game delivers striking graphics and brings a custom Mortal Kombat fighting gameplay experience anywhere, anytime through the accessibility of mobile devices. Mortal Kombat X will be available April 2015 on iPad, iPhone, iPod touch and Android devices.

“NetherRealm Studios has created a Mortal Kombat X mobile experience that allows more players than ever before to play this over-the-top fighting game through their ever-present smartphones, tablets or other devices,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “What’s more, we’ve expanded the unique cross-connectivity feature that links the mobile and console versions of Mortal Kombat X, delivering unique rewards to all players for simply playing the mobile game.”

As the next evolution of mobile fighting games, the Mortal Kombat X mobile game will feature a hybrid of fighting, card collecting, multiplayer team combat and more, featuring shocking Fatalities, legendary Mortal Kombat characters like Scorpion, Sub-Zero and Raiden as well as the Next generation of Kombatants. The Mortal Kombat X mobile game will showcase the iconic visceral combat with the vicious graphics that Mortal Kombat fans love, along with brutal Fatalities, x-rays and more.

The console and PC versions of Mortal Kombat X will be available worldwide on April 14, 2015. Once launched, players who own the forthcoming console or PC versions of the game will be able to unlock content in the mobile game and vice versa by signing up for a WB Play account and completing tasks and achievements within each version.

2. SonixManix

SonixManix Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2013
    I can't wait. I have actually been expecting this to happen at some point, and it is coming. :D

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Why cant we just get a real MK title?

4. WaveLightGames

WaveLightGames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Nov 21, 2014
    IT / Finance Manager
    Toronto, Canada
    I tried playing Injustice and couldn't really wrap my head around it. Didn't really feel like an actual fighting game since it didn't feature actual movement. To each their own ... I'm hoping to play Mortal Kombat X on the PC, personally.

5. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

6. Anonomation

It better not be another Injustice Re-skin!

P.S. That statement seems off, as the person uses hybrid and "evolution of mobile fighting" multiple times, I'll check out the actual article later.

7. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    real mortal combat already exist on appstore...

8. RebornProphet

RebornProphet Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Why do they constantly give us this version of these games?

I hate the IAP laden, card based, swipe to hit with no control of your characters movement versions ... make it a proper game, like the SoulCalibur port. Let us control the fighters with a D Pad or MFI controller. Let us press buttons to attack and block, not swipe, swipe, swipe.

Pass. No doubt another F2P swipe marathon like Injustice or WWE Immortals.

These aren't beat em ups, not by a long shot.

And where the hell is MK Trilogy? Just give me ports of MK 1 and 2 and let me play.

9. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Yeah, in the form of the mediocre Ultimate MK 3.

10. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    clone or not, im so excited bout this one. bring back my old childhood memories. :D

11. CrazedJava

CrazedJava Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2015
    Probably because people play them.

I played Injustice on the XBox 360 but it got old. I still play Injustice on my iPad. I'm rather enjoying Immortals and I look forward to having something similar for Mortal Kombat.

There are plenty of fighting games on Tablets, though I understand why someone would want a true fighter and not this kind of game.

Frankly, I rather enjoy these games because it's more strategy than hyperactive combos, I like the collection aspect, and I like that I can play a quick match in 1 to 3 minutes.

Granted, it's not for everyone.

12. RebornProphet

Oct 3, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Just realised that Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 was part of the EA cull last September and has been pulled from the App Store. You can still download it from your purchased items but it only works on iDevice's running as high as iOS 7.1.2. If you're on iOS 8, like with Jet Set Radio and TWEWY, you're out of luck.

13. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #13 oscar123967, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
    Hoping they make the menus much better, make the combat a tad bit quicker, lower the cost of the currency, and make the QTEs a tad bit shorter/tricky.

Cant wait for this! Looking forward to what they do with the fatalities and supers (if there are any)

14. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
  15. justplainjay

justplainjay Well-Known Member

Because the people that want those games still beg for free, and even those that don't are outnumbered by those that do.

16. Anonomation

The funny thing is that they complain about the Freemuim curve in the gameplay after begging for it to be free for so long.

17. F34R

F34R Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    I would gladly pay "premium" for a proper port from console to mobile. Unfortunately, I know this isn't going to happen. :(

18. madreviewer

madreviewer Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2013
    I don't want energy system, and I want the fight to be fast paced,
    Freemium or not I am still going to try it.
    If it's server based, I will avoid investing on it.

19. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Im sure they wont get rid of the energy system. But you gotta give em credit, their energy system is pretty nice. Similar to Real Racing's, each character has their own energy. The only hiccup is during beginning of the game, its pretty smooth sailing afterwards.

This is a stretch, but wouldnt it be badass to make the game similar to Hearthstone? With the quest reward system and arena multiplayer and such? They already have the tier system in place, maybe add a higher tier that comes after gold. And the arena multiplayer system is kind of there but needs some tweaking. And of course they're going to need to improve the crappy multiplayer AI.

20. MasterRron

MasterRron Member

Feb 27, 2015
    Economist
    Rome
    Long-life MK fan. It sucks though they never re-used the narrator's voice from MK4 1997