fav music app?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sid187, Apr 7, 2010.

1. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    hi guys/gals. with the release of the ipad iv been paying attention to the music apps.. and some cool things are in the pipe line.. just wondering what is your fav music app? and what app do you think will benefit from the ipad.. please no ipad hate.. im in a rather good mood.. and no i do not planing on getting a ipad till gen 2.

chris.

2. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    #2 drelbs, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
    Bebot :)

Regarding the iPad - if the engine could handle it, I'd love to see modes where you could have 2, 3 or 4 instruments running in halves/quarters of the screen... (Cutting down the polyphony for each instrument)

Quick mockup, because I couldn't help not doing it:

[​IMG]

3. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    there is a company that put out a product called music reader.. for other computers and what not.. apparently they are talking with apple so they can make a foot switch so you can turn the page of your sheet music or guitar tab.. i doubt apple will play along.. but they were asking 1k+ for there stuff.. ipad seems like a bargain in price..

chris.

4. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Not sure what you really mean. Apps that play music? Make music? Teach music?
    Suggestions could be: Music Pad, Scales and Modes, Ocarena

5. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009

will have to check out music pad.. i ment all the above..

6. polyfonken

polyfonken Well-Known Member

#6 polyfonken, Apr 7, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2010
    i don't really like triggering notes or sounds in real time on my iDevices, if i need to sketch down a melody or a beat, my fave app is the basic voice recorder :) a proper midi controller is just so much more suitable for that stuff than a piece of glass.

however, there are a TON of cool off-the wall sound sources and sequencers on the A store, my fave being the brilliant hex/emitter based JR Hexatone (I really really want to try this on iPad, on the phone it's a bit small for me). for reference stuff i like Music Tool a lot, it's a nice way to explore scales, chords and all that muso stuff...

7. ktfright

ktfright Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    Student,Rapper,Game Dev.
    Hawthorne,California
    Beatmaker,JR, and Noise.io

8. Beaterator can make some cool funky tunes, the only problem: you can't export. I record via line-in in GarageBand. :rolleyes:

9. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    There's some quite cool looking ministry of sound apps where you have access to loops from club classics.

10. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!