Portable gaming wars at E3......

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by strato g, Jun 11, 2010.

1. strato g

strato g Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    #1 strato g, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
    Disclaimer: First off, this isn't based on any information that I received from anywhere. These are purely my own thoughts.

E3 is just days away now and we're all looking forward to lots of great news. A lot of that news is centered around highly anticipated powerful portables, or the rumors about them. The iPhone 4 is no longer a rumor. It has now been confirmed. However, the others ( Nintendo 3DS and Sony PSP 2 ) are still up for speculation, at this point. In the mist of all this buzz, I think it's mighty funny that Microsoft has been so quiet. This might sound crazy, but what if Microsoft was in stealth mode, with plans of unveiling the longtime rumored version of their own portable gaming system, at next week's event. What better way to take everyone by storm. If they did, I think it would steal the show because it would be the most unexpected news of the event. At the same time, I don't think it would hurt the success of the others. I say this because true gamers welcome them all. Again, this may sound ridiculous, but these are my thoughts. What do you think?

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #2 squarezero, Jun 11, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
    With Steve Ballmer at the helm, I doubt that Microsoft can come up with something that clever (and keep it a secret). But you are right: it would be great to see more real competition in the portable space.