Dragonvale as a PC game with no IAP?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Papa Deuce, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    #1 Papa Deuce, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
    Would you buy it? There would have to be changes without IAP, but that could be done easily enough.

I am loving Dragonvale, but don't like IAP.... Consumables, especially. But the basic premise of dragon breeding is pretty cool. I think if you took the current game and made it something bigger, it would sell. Especially since people already know they like the game on mobile.

Maybe another company could design a similar game from the ground up.... I would buy it... My kids would love it, too.

How. About you? Would you buy it for apple or PC?

2. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    dragonvale's iAP is very fair. so i see no reason to change the current balance. :)

3. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I checked this out ages ago and saw nothing especially new or unique, so I'd probably just brush it off as another crappy casual game that's been recycled a thousand times and isn't worth ten minutes of my attention.

Assuming you wanted brutal honesty ;)

4. Enriana

Enriana Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2011
    East Coast, US
    #4 Enriana, Jun 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2013
    I would play it if it existed, but as far as I know the developers of Dragonvale don't have an intention of making it a reality.

Also, as said above it's definitely a casual game & I wouldn't pay more than $10 unless it had a ton of new/different content (considering I have an entire game for the entirety of the $3 I spent on optional IAP).. for now I have it on my iPad, I like it, I play it. No PC necessary.

Also, Dragonvale has very unintrusive IAPs in my opinion. It's essentially pay to go faster - upgrade something with more gems, buy a rare dragon instead of breeding it, etc. The IAP I got was because I was impatient and it was early in the game where I didn't have a real supply of gems.

5. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    #5 Papa Deuce, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013
    It is fair... For a mobile game, but I am talking a desktop game.... A much expanded version... Also, if the people who made Dragonvale don't want to make it, someone else can, their own way, with a different name.

6. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    Hmmm. Hasboro buys 70% of Chillingo.... I see borax games, action figures, and maybe even a PC version on the way.... I'm just brainstorming here, but the possibility is much more real now than when I made the original post.

7. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    They bought 70% of backflip, not chillingo. :)

8. Papa Deuce

May 15, 2013
    I was coming back to fix it, lol.