Haunted Mansion Help (WARNING: SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by squarezero, Dec 25, 2009.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Rather than spoil the fun for those who just want to find out about the game, I've created this thread for people to post questions and answers about specific puzzles in Haunted Mansion. I should warn readers that players are making their way through the game slowly, so it's possible that the answer to your question may not come for a while.

Check the Game Release thread for more info on Haunted Mansion.

2. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    So, did anybody reached the big room yet?

I already know the puzzle answers, i got cards 0, 1, and 2 but i cant figure out how to get the #5 card yet.... I was stuck trying to get the #5 for like 2 hours yesterday until i gave up lol....

3. Melodicer

Melodicer Member

Nov 5, 2009
    I even didn't got #0 yet, lol

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    I just got to the big room, but won't be able to play for a little while.

5. Melodicer

Melodicer Member

Nov 5, 2009
    #5 Melodicer, Dec 25, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
    I got the #5, put #0 in the groove that under the table, and the door behind you with a painting will open..

But I'm stuck at the math...

EDIT:math problem solved

line one:2,8
    line two:0,6
    line three:5,5
    line four:1,4

after solve the math puzzle, a ladder will appear in the fireplace, then game over...

6. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    thanks

[spoil mode on]
    done! ...

to be continued!? wtf lol

Are they going to add episode 2 on update, in-app store, or whole new app..?

7. Sim1

Sim1 Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Guys I'm still stuck in the previous room.. I put the cloth around the metal bars but then what?!

8. Melodicer

Melodicer Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Dunno, but this is really a nice escape game:)

9. Melodicer

Melodicer Member

Nov 5, 2009
    You need to put the cloth in the beer first, then use it around the metal bars

The beer is a little hard to find——at the corner of the cabinet with 3 drawers

10. Sim1

Sim1 Member

Dec 23, 2009
    thank you my friend! I didn't have the beer...

11. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I just started the game and I am already stuck in the bathroom! I have been tinkering around in there for a long while and all that I found was the soap. Can anybody tell me how to get out of the room? Thanks in advance.

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    You have a lot of things to find. Check out the extractor fan -- if you look closely, there's an item hidden in there, but you can't access it till you stop the blades. Check the drawers in the vanity; one of them has an item you need. To the left of the sink there's a drain in the floor -- look at it closely. There seems to be something inside the shower head -- see if you can find a way to take it off. There are also some items that serve one function in the room, but they can be picked up and made to do something else.

The game forces you to make creative use of the objects. Once you pick something up, think beyond the obvious thing it does and be open to other possibilities.

13. soccerfan1

soccerfan1 Member

Sep 23, 2009
    right now im stuck in the secret room....i have to do some puzzle from the back of a frame....any help?

14. IpodLady

IpodLady Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Washington State
    I looked in those drawers but nothings in them. And i cant open the top drawer at all. Only have the wet soap, toothbrush, and towel bar. Please help. Cant equip an item to use

15. IpodLady

Jun 12, 2009
    Washington State
    OK..I finally got the rusted key and it's selected, but now i cant unselect it and use anything else.

16. Touchgamer3g

Touchgamer3g Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Thanks, those hints really helped me get out of that room! :)

Clean the key with the soap and open the door!

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    When you try opening the door with the rusted key, it tells you that it won't work because of the rust. Keep in mind that you can have objects interact with each other. If the soap is already wet, you can use it on the key to clean it up -- just go to your inventory and drag the soap over the key.

18. IpodLady

Jun 12, 2009
    Washington State
    Thank You!! :) :) :)

Finally am out of the damnable bathroom...LOL.

Getting more of the hang of this game now. It kinda gets buggy on my device tho cause i tried 3 times to make the towel bar work with the fan and it didnt do it at first.

19. secret0415

secret0415 Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Safe behind picture

Hi - new here...having all sorts of trouble w/the combination lock on the safe behind the picture. Have the 3 zodiac signs, but all attempts to use them in every conceivable order and starting in both directions doesn't seem to work. Can anyone help??? Thanks!

20. Lisaacmonk

Lisaacmonk New Member

Dec 31, 2009
    Please help me I cant figure out the code in the drawer in the second room. I found 11/10 on the television. I found 7 years ago in the journal and 1998 on the wedding photo. What do I enter? Please help!!